Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Darksiders II

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-12, 10:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
re: Darksiders II

Still no shipping notice from Deep Discount. I used to buy from them occasionally without issue, but not at all impressed with this experience.

I sent a note to customer service. Will post if they answer.
Old 08-19-12, 12:09 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

It took around 10 days to ship the last time I ordered from them. Not at all unusual for Deep Discount.
Old 08-20-12, 03:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Got a note back...said they were out of stock. For $35, it's not too much of a bother to wait.
Old 08-23-12, 10:31 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Decker
My order is still pending, but not cancelled. So that's a positive.
Originally Posted by chess
Same here...pending.
Check your emails. My PS3 copy just shipped.
Old 08-23-12, 10:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Ditto here.
Old 08-23-12, 04:07 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,210 Likes on 4,236 Posts

No such luck for me.
Old 08-24-12, 08:51 PM

Ah there it went tonight. Thanks to whoever posted that deal here. I enjoyed what I played of the first one and am looking forward to playing this one.
Old 08-24-12, 09:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts

Mine shipped the other day as well. Should get it by monday. Can't wait to play.
Old 08-25-12, 08:05 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Just finished my first playthrough and then mopped up all the collectibles (which involved a full runthrough of the entire gameworld again, including all dungeons, since I refuse to be tied to a guide the first time through). Now it's time for NG+ on Apocalyptic difficulty, and the dreaded Crucible.

I have a lot of issues with this game, and I definitely didn't like it as much as the first one. Which is surprising to me, considering I'm a big RPG fan. But I warmed up to it more and more as the game progressed and new areas opened up. Overall it's a pretty fun experience, but I do expect a patch to fix some of the technical annoyances.
Old 08-31-12, 05:23 PM

I just started this last night. Took me forever to remember my username to link it to my THQ account (you'd think there would be some way to use your email to retrieve your user name, but there isn't). Anyway, after I did link it, they informed me that they'd send bonus content to my email, but I never received anything. Did anyone else get that bonus content in their email, or is in in-game?
And along the same lines, what is the Online Pass thing we redeem? Is that bonus DLC we get later?
Old 08-31-12, 05:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm just a little bit in and haven't bothered with the THQ stuff.

The game feels more linear than the first with a somewhat finicky camera and this annoying thing where it shows me an action button and then refuses to "connect" when I push said button.

On the story front, it has gone straight up fantasy without being grounded in the post apocalyptic world like the first one. I'm not enjoying that as much, but I'm told you get to earth later. Sure hope so.

On the upside, I'm finding the combat pretty satisfying, particularly with the gun unlocked, and I'm working the summoning skill tree, which is right up my alley.

I'm reserving judgement for now, but I think it was probably worth about what I paid for it and hope there's an update to fix some of the technical issues.
Old 08-31-12, 08:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

I don't know if this is useful, but you can get for free the Rusanov's Axe DLC here:

http://www.facebook.com/Darksiders/app_412080318827801
Old 08-31-12, 08:40 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I just started this last night. Took me forever to remember my username to link it to my THQ account (you'd think there would be some way to use your email to retrieve your user name, but there isn't). Anyway, after I did link it, they informed me that they'd send bonus content to my email, but I never received anything. Did anyone else get that bonus content in their email, or is in in-game?
And along the same lines, what is the Online Pass thing we redeem? Is that bonus DLC we get later?
The bonus content for linking your account is supposed to come to your email. It did to mine. You can also log in to your THQ account online and all your redeemable codes will be listed somewhere on there, but their website/user account stuff is so convoluted and hard to use that I couldn't tell you where it is, exactly. I just remember getting to it via a link in the email they sent.

The Online Pass gives you access to the Crucible, an arena combat area in the game. It also lets you send/receive items as gifts to people on your friends list.

I finished my second playthrough and 1000/1000 achievement points earlier last week, and I'm trading in the game even though I got the season pass for ordering from THQ. I'll rent it again and play all the extra content once it has all been released. The game was a disappointment in my opinion, but not a major one. It just...lacks the magic that the first one had, for some reason.

I'd be happy to offer any advice or help if anyone needs it, though.
Old 08-31-12, 08:45 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by SunMonkey
I don't know if this is useful, but you can get for free the Rusanov's Axe DLC here:

http://www.facebook.com/Darksiders/app_412080318827801
Yep, I found this weapon pretty handy early on in the game, and it's also a possessed weapon, which is the main type of weapon you'll be hoping for and holding onto as you progress in the game. They're the ones that can "consume" other weapons and level up that way. They're the key to making the game easy, even on Apocalyptic mode.
Old 08-31-12, 10:46 PM

Thanks for that link, SunMonkey, and for the info, MoviePage!

I keep looking in my THQ account but can't find anything and I'm certain nothing from them came to my email account. Oh well, I'll keep checking.

edit : Still haven't found it, but there's another free weapon available : The Van Der Schmash, which you get for "in-game account linking". You can find the details here : http://www.darksiders.com/promotions . Is that what I got for signing in with my THQ account?

Last edited by Decker; 08-31-12 at 11:00 PM.
Old 08-31-12, 11:40 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Yes, that's the THQ account linking reward. There was also a weapon called Mace Maximus, but it looks like you had to start the game and link your account prior to Aug. 28 to get that one.

This game went a bit overboard with all the various codes, bonuses, pre-order exclusives, etc.
Old 09-01-12, 10:11 AM

Okay, I got the two axes from a mailbox sort of thing in-game and redeemed my Season Pass. The PSN Store says that the season pass includes an armor set that is Available Now, but I haven't gotten that. Is there some way to get that in-game, or are you supposed to download that separately?
-edit- It turns out I was confusing the Season Pass (which is a pricey $19.99) with the Crucible Pass (which comes with new copies of the game and is $9.99 otherwise). Still haven't figured out what is in the included Crucible pass (which is different from the content in the Limited Edition which includes some sort of a Tomb quest area). They seriously went overboard with the DLC here.

Regarding the look of the game : It keeps striking me odd that the characters have a cartoon-y, WoW look to them. It seems at odds with the serious tone of the game. It's been so long since I touched Darksiders -- did they look like that?

Also the screen tearing in the PS3 version is driving me nuts. It's a good looking game overall, but the tearing is ridiculous, especially this far into the PS3 life cycle. Is it that difficult to add V-Sync?

Last edited by Decker; 09-01-12 at 01:34 PM.
Old 09-01-12, 05:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Crucible pass gives you access to the Crucible arena in the game, but you have to progress to a certain point to get access to it (and you don't unlock access to all 100 waves until you're way into your NG+ playthrough, so it's best to wait until then anyway).

The Argul's Tomb DLC included with the LE isn't available yet, but if you follow the instructions on the insert they're supposed to email you the code when the content is out.

It's been a while since I played the first game, but I'm pretty sure the art style is almost exactly the same.
Old 09-01-12, 05:34 PM

So the Crucible DLC just a battle arena? Lame, I hate those. Anyway, thanks for the info.
Old 09-01-12, 06:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

So the Crucible DLC just a battle arena? Lame, I hate those. Anyway, thanks for the info.
I was on ebay the other day and the dlc code alone is being sold and idiots are bidding $25 + on it.
Old 09-01-12, 11:33 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Yes, but it provides some pretty good rewards, including a couple of pieces of the best armor set in the game. It also has two achievements/trophies tied to it.
Old 09-01-12, 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by mhg83
I was on ebay the other day and the dlc code alone is being sold and idiots are bidding $25 + on it.
Really? But it's only $10 on PSN Store. Maybe it was the limited edition content ( that tomb thing) instead?
Old 09-02-12, 07:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I think it was the Tomb dlc.
Old 09-04-12, 09:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

How do you activate Wrath Ability? Are those the same powers as in the skill tree? I remember in the first, you had to kill a few enemies to get Wrath activated, but i've played 4 hours and wrath has yet to activate.
Old 09-04-12, 10:04 PM

I had the same problem. They don't explain it right. Hold the up (or down, I can't remember) on the D Pad. You'll pull up a circular menu where you can assign Wrath abilities to a two button combo (up to four) on the rotary menu -- not unlike the skills in Mass Effect.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.