DVD Talk Legend

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts
re: Darksiders II

I want Darksiders 3
Old 07-21-14, 09:25 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 213 Likes on 186 Posts

I haven't even played half way and I want Darksiders 3 & 4 then Darksiders 5 4-player co-op campaign
Old 07-29-14, 05:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I started playing this a few days ago after seeing this thread revived and I really like it. I bought it over a year ago for $15 after finishing the first one but had never really gotten around to it. I love these simpler RPG/ hack and slash type games. It could really use a manual, but there seems to be plenty of info in the Darksiders forum and YouTube. It's well worth picking up considering how cheap it is, and I'd assume it'll show up on PS Plus before too long.
Old 07-29-14, 10:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Still playing it... a couple hours a day, so its taking me a while and I'm looking every square inch of the game for collectibles and such. Still awesome.
Old 08-06-14, 01:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

before going to last area of game, I decide to go back and finish any side mission and get remaining collectibles... Then I got to last area, which wasn't a last area but just the final boss, I beat him less than 5 minutes. ... I clocked in over 30+ hours... loved it!
Old 08-06-14, 03:10 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,210 Likes on 4,236 Posts

I think it was a really under-rated, under-appreciated game. Lost in the shuffle of THQ's demise. Still yes, it's really, really good and almost with too much content.
Old 08-06-14, 04:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by gerrythedon
before going to last area of game, I decide to go back and finish any side mission and get remaining collectibles... Then I got to last area, which wasn't a last area but just the final boss, I beat him less than 5 minutes. ... I clocked in over 30+ hours... loved it!
Is it possible to go back to a previous map/ world? I collected 10 Book of the Dead pages but never brought them to the right place before moving on to the next part.
Old 08-06-14, 09:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by redcat
Is it possible to go back to a previous map/ world? I collected 10 Book of the Dead pages but never brought them to the right place before moving on to the next part.
yes you can go travel anywhere [as long as you don't go to the final boss]... but even after beating him, you can deny the new game plus and you continue before the final battle. Go get everything and fight him again....
Old 06-11-15, 09:27 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,884 Likes on 1,239 Posts
Re: Darksiders II

Darksiders 2 “Death”initive Edition galloping to current gen consoles

Nordic Games and Gunfire Games unleash Death and Despair on current-gen platforms this winter.
Nordic Games today announced that the Darksiders 2 Deathinitive Edition will come to current-gen consoles this winter.

The Deathinitive Edition will be a visually updated version of Darksiders 2, including all DLCs (Maker Armor Set, The Abyssal Forge, The Demon Lord Belial, Death Rides, Angel of Death, Deadly Despair, Shadow of Death, Mortis Pack, Rusanov's Axe, Van Der Schmash Hammer, Fletcher's Crow Hammer, Mace Maximus, Argul's Tomb) and running in native 1080p resolution. In addition to the graphic upgrade, adjustments to the game balancing and loot distribution have been made. The entire project is in the experienced hands of Gunfire Games, where nearly all staffers have already been working at Vigil Games and on Darksiders in the past.

Reinhard Pollice, Business & Product Development Director at Nordic Games: “We took over the franchise roughly 2 years ago and thought about the next chapter for Darksiders ever since then. Naturally (and extremely excitedly!), there will be a large-scale project based on Darksiders, but for now it is very important for us to take care of the existing games and make those available to a broader audience. Bringing Darksiders 2 to current gen was a logical step for us and the team at Gunfire Games know their trade inside-out, so we easily and quickly had lots of ideas that we wanted to realise for this specific edition.”

“It feels good to be working on Darksiders again, after a couple of years of hiatus”, comments David Adams, founder and president of Gunfire Games. “This project is a great opportunity for us to pick up where we left off two years ago and dig deeper into the game, which is close to all our hearts. Bringing the definitive Darksiders 2 experience to life is something that we hope a lot of people will enjoy and look forward to.”

About Darksiders 2 Deathinitive Edition

Deathinitive Edition Features:

• Darksiders 2 with All DLCs* included and integrated into the game, offering a total playtime of more than 30 hours
*(Maker Armor Set, The Abyssal Forge, The Demon Lord Belial, Death Rides, Angel of Death, Deadly Despair, Shadow of Death, Mortis Pack, Rusanov's Axe, Van Der Schmash Hammer, Fletcher's Crow Hammer, Mace Maximus, Argul's Tomb)
• Improved Graphic Render Engine for higher visual quality especially in terms of lighting and shadows
• Improved and reworked level, character and environment graphics
• Running in native 1080p resolution
• Reworked and tuned game balancing and loot distribution

What starts with War, ends in Death.

Awakened by the End of Days, Death, the most feared of the legendary Four Horsemen, embarks upon a quest to restore mankind, and redeem his brother’s name. Along the way, the Horseman discovers that there are far worse things than an earthly Apocalypse, and that an ancient grudge may threaten all of Creation...

• Play Death: Become the most feared of the legendary Four Horsemen, able to destroy entire worlds and battle forces beyond Heaven and Hell
• Epic Universe: Unlike anything the player has seen before, delivered in the unique style of Joe Mad
• Heaven/Hell: Explore startling gameworld environments reminiscent of heaven and hell
• Player Choice & Customization: Customize your experience with varied armor sets, weapons, and skill trees allowing players to create their own Death
• Replay-ability: Explore a vast open world, complete dozens of side quests and customize your Death with a full leveling system, skill trees and endless equipment combinations
• Traversal: Death is a nimble and agile character capable of incredible acrobatic feats allowing the player to explore the world like never before
Old 06-11-15, 10:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Would buy the first game again, because I thought it was the best Zelda game of last gen. Not sure about the second though. It just never hooked me for some reason.

Wish this had included both games.
Old 06-11-15, 11:21 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,210 Likes on 4,236 Posts

Wow, I thought the second game was MILES better that the first.
Old 06-11-15, 11:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 221 Likes on 177 Posts

You know how a lot of people bitch about ports of games coming to the current generation? Saying "who the hell wants this, make something new?" The answer is people like me. I still haven't played this game on the PS3, despite really liking the first one.
Old 06-11-15, 06:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 556 Likes on 407 Posts

Originally Posted by chess
Would buy the first game again, because I thought it was the best Zelda game of last gen. Not sure about the second though. It just never hooked me for some reason.

Wish this had included both games.
Same here. I loved the first one and was bored almost immediately with the second one.
Old 10-06-15, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

'Darksiders II Deathinitive Edition' Descends On the PS4 & Xbox One This Month

10/27 (same day as Halo 5)

before

after

http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/sh...is-month/26552
Old 08-04-21, 09:10 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 923 Likes on 776 Posts

Can’t wait for this with all this praise and I’m fucking love D1.

Did D3 really suck and change things up too much?