2017 TOTY Winner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Mass Effect 3

I predict alternate ending DLC

Originally Posted by superdeluxe
Thats more depressing than it being
Spoiler:
indoctrination
I know, I appreciate the guy putting effort into a creative alternate explanation, (I've done the same for movies) but I think it's obvious he's giving them way too much credit.
Old 03-20-12, 02:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,023 Likes on 733 Posts

I hope this doesn't become more of a trend. FF13-2 had the same issue; the game's "ending" didn't resolve anything and you had to buy DLC to see the "real" ending. That's a bunch of shit.
Old 03-20-12, 02:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Save Ferris
If that is true, then why allow refunds for false advertising? Just promise endings dlc.
Old 03-20-12, 02:27 PM
2017 TOTY Winner

if this spurs a class action lawsuit, a massive 'fix' would bail them out.
Old 03-20-12, 02:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If that is true, then why allow refunds for false advertising? Just promise endings dlc.
Didn't you see what happened with "From Ashes" when the fanbase decided that it should have been on the disc long before they saw either piece? It's a no-win situation.
Old 03-20-12, 02:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by pinata242
Didn't you see what happened with "From Ashes" when the fanbase decided that it should have been on the disc long before they saw either piece? It's a no-win situation.
Free DLC would be cheaper than refunds on the game wouldn't it?
Old 03-20-12, 02:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From Ashes wasn't a no-win situation. Put the content that was clearly developed as part of the game on the disc rather than chopping it out to make a quick buck. Win!
Old 03-20-12, 02:55 PM
DVD Talk Hero

And "missing" endings weren't supposed to be on the disc? It's the same scenario.
Old 03-20-12, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by nickdawgy
Don't be so butt hurt, man. We still love you.

Only you, deftones, and fumanstan seem to be bothered by having to use the spoiler tags, so....
Nope, I already said spoiler tags are necessary on game release.
Old 03-20-12, 03:03 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by MoviePage
From Ashes wasn't a no-win situation. Put the content that was clearly developed as part of the game on the disc rather than chopping it out to make a quick buck. Win!
"Clearly"
Old 03-20-12, 03:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by fumanstan
"Clearly"
?? There are videos that shows how you can unlock the prothean on the disc without buying the DLC
Old 03-20-12, 03:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Yup, I played through it twice. It couldn't be much more obvious.
Old 03-20-12, 03:17 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

?? There are videos that shows how you can unlock the prothean on the disc without buying the DLC
Yup, I played through it twice. It couldn't be much more obvious.
From what i've read the character data is there, but the mission isn't, nor are lines of dialogue. So it doesn't mean anything other then what Bioware has already said, that it was planned day one DLC. If hackers manage to find that other data, then I'll eat gladly admit I was wrong.

And the EA response:

"From Ashes is a 600 MB+ download with all new content, including the mission on Eden Prime, new dialogue options and conversations with Javik, new cinematics, the Prothean weapon, and new appearances for all squad members. All of the above content was completed while the main game was in certification and are not available on the disc.

"As stated previously, in order to seamlessly integrate Javik into the core campaign, certain framework elements and character models needed to be put on disc. We did something similar with Zaeed and Kasumi in Mass Effect 2."
If you guys think Bioware developers are liars, I'm not sure why you would keep supporting them
Old 03-20-12, 03:27 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I was replying to the "clearly," not the "on the disc" thing. On the disc or not is irrelevant as far as I'm concerned.
If you guys think Bioware developers are liars, I'm not sure why you would keep supporting them
I supported them this time because it was the final chapter of a story in which I had invested countless hours and plenty of emotion. It was clear that they realized they could get away with a lot of shady shit because so many people felt the same way. I won't be so supportive next time, I promise.
Old 03-20-12, 03:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I supported them this time because it was the final chapter of a story in which I had invested countless hours and plenty of emotion. It was clear that they realized they could get away with a lot of shady shit because so many people felt the same way. I won't be so supportive next time, I promise.
Pretty much this.
Old 03-20-12, 03:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Just watch the ending of Star Control II for your ending.
Old 03-20-12, 04:01 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I was replying to the "clearly," not the "on the disc" thing. On the disc or not is irrelevant as far as I'm concerned.
I'm confused, you specifically wrote "clearly developed as part of the game on the disc." which is all part of the same comment I was replying to. It seemed like your mind was already made up on this prior to the game being released, given the previous discussion.
Old 03-20-12, 04:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Sorry. Clearly developed as part of the main game that was released to consumers, regardless of artifacts that may or may not exist on the disc. In other words, whether they excised it completely or partially from what got pressed on disc doesn't really concern me.

You're right, my mind was made up prior to the release. After playing through the content, it was even more made up.
Old 03-20-12, 05:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Save Ferris
Maybe, but I don't think that was the original intention. I think stuff taking place on Omega was at least planned to be the first post-release DLC. I guess we'll see if that changes, but with how much work it's going to require to change the ending, I don't think we'll see a new version anytime soon.

"Clearly"
Since the "Final Hours of Mass Effect" app apparently shows that From the Ashes was originally developed with the intention of being in the regular game, and that most of it was done before they were forced to hand it off to a different team to finish, I'd say "clearly" is probably a fair assessment.
Old 03-20-12, 05:45 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

So let me be clear... all of you guys who are complaining about the game... you didn't like it?
Old 03-20-12, 08:04 PM
2017 TOTY Winner

I stated I loved most of it, the last part I didn't even play because I liked the character(s) I've developed too much to throw it away on a poorly scripted, rushed ending. I had a great experience with most of the game and to me no specific ending is better than being forced into an awful 'end all'.

Many of my favorite movies have really bad parts in them. I've learned to enjoy the parts I enjoy with games and movies.

How I look at it:
Spoiler:
The star child is trying to force me to choose some highly illogical (see article that was written on the choices) options that as a player and as the character Shepherd would not find acceptable. Especially without questions, demands. So turning off the game was the only true act of free will, not having to be obedient to the machine and still giving humanity the chance.

"A strange game. The only winning move is not to play."
-Joshua

Last edited by Save Ferris; 03-20-12 at 08:14 PM.
Old 03-20-12, 08:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CKMorpheus
So let me be clear... all of you guys who are complaining about the game... you didn't like it?
It's a fantastic game up until the final push where it starts to slightly unravel a bit. Then the "ending" happens and it goes from slight unravel to full collapse, and to be honest, yes, it does taint my feelings for the entire game a bit.
Old 03-20-12, 08:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by CKMorpheus
Didn't like end, rest of it was fantastic, but the ending does s*** on the franchise
Old 03-20-12, 08:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I liked plenty of things about it, and I've mentioned many of them in this thread. I don't see why that means it should be above all criticism or that any consumer who has concerns or complaints is automatically "entitled," to quote the most tired and abused word on the internet these past couple of weeks.

Would fans who found a highly-anticipated movie ultimately disappointing in a few ways be met with the same "HOW DARE YOU!?" response when voicing any criticism? Gamers are a strange, self-hating bunch.
Old 03-20-12, 08:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

“@DamonLindelof: No folks, I did NOT consult on the ending for MASS EFFECT 3. *#Sheesh”

Haha

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.