Dead Thread Redemption: Red Dead Redemption, The Thread: Part II

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-10, 11:05 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: Home of the UF Gators and Nat'l Championships, Gainesville, FL
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Dead Thread Redemption: Red Dead Redemption, The Thread: Part II

Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni
You don't actually have to finish the games. If you're playing a shootout, and it's just us in the game, you can have everyone quit who's not on the winning side after the standoff, then the players who remain can invite them back. Repeat until trophy pops. This doesn't work if you're playing gold rush though, because kills don't count for anything in gold rush, so if you quit after the standoff, it's a tie.
I was thinking the same thing. I was gonna post a video but no youtube access from work.
Old 10-04-10, 11:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 746 Likes on 370 Posts

I've actually already got the trophies for winning 4 times in a row in a team game and 3 times in a row in FFA, but I'd be happy to help you guys.

I am looking to get the DLC trophies for "call it a comeback" (come back from a 0-2 defeict to win a hold your own game) and "double bagger" (double capture 3 times in a single gold rush map) if you guys can help me with those though.
Old 10-04-10, 11:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

I really hate the online trophies especially if some asshats get in the room and want to come and kill you over and over. Cruz and I had already started a Free For All and were 2 minutes or so into it when other players were allowed to join and ruined our game. That is why I left the room yesterday.
Old 10-04-10, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by dsa_shea
I really hate the online trophies especially if some asshats get in the room and want to come and kill you over and over. Cruz and I had already started a Free For All and were 2 minutes or so into it when other players were allowed to join and ruined our game. That is why I left the room yesterday.
Some tips for this, Launch the game from an icon on the FFA map, as opposed to from the select menu (dunno how you launched it), and start the game as quickly as possible so no one else but your friends join. Any randoms who pop in after you're already started, vote to kick immediately. It only requires a majority to kick, so even if you only have 2, players should only be joining one at a time, so you should be able to kick them as long as they aren't coming in too quickly.
Old 10-04-10, 11:39 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Sounds like a plan. I trust that Cactus and Cruz have the tricks down. I don't even remotely care about doing these the honest way. They're bitch trophies and anyone over 30 is exempt from caring how they get done.

Who needs what trophies? We really do need a plan otherwise we'll just be loitering about waiting for people to join and make decisions.

I need Go Team! and The Quick and Everyone Else and will be on at 8pm EST.

Cruz or Cactus can either of you get on at 8pm to orchestrate the shenanigans?
Old 10-04-10, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by jdpatri
Sounds like a plan. I trust that Cactus and Cruz have the tricks down. I don't even remotely care about doing these the honest way. They're bitch trophies and anyone over 30 is exempt from caring how they get done.

Who needs what trophies? We really do need a plan otherwise we'll just be loitering about waiting for people to join and make decisions.

I need Go Team! and The Quick and Everyone Else and will be on at 8pm EST.

Cruz or Cactus can either of you get on at 8pm to orchestrate the shenanigans?
Over 30 and I'm there.
Old 10-04-10, 02:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Iffy for me since I am on call again tonight I'll try my hardest to get on and run things. I need those same two trophies.
Old 10-04-10, 02:40 PM

Hard for me to get on by 8 because my twins go to bed at 8, and I have a 2 month old who sometimes can get very gassy around that time.
Old 10-04-10, 03:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Hard for me to get on by 8 because my twins go to bed at 8, and I have a 2 month old who sometimes can get very gassy around that time.
Just hop on when you can. If nobody's around at 8, I'll either play some NHL or do some RDR grinding. Just send me a message when you get on.
Old 10-04-10, 10:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Thanks for the help guys! It was a lot of fun to kick up some dust with you and I hope that we can orchestrate a second go round on Friday to finish off some more MP trophies.
Old 10-05-10, 06:15 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Awesome effort last night for grinding out the trophies. Had fun and I would definitely say it was a successful night. Had 5 online trophies pop last night and I even leveled up a couple of more times.
to Gator for keeping us on task with the trophies and pointing out the opportunities to grab a trophy
to Cactus for helping out even though he already had a couple of the trophies and for informing us of the different bag themed match types
: to flip and Scott for being there and helping with the grind

Hopefully we can post a few strategies for the other stupid online trophies. Should we take this to the Rotating games thread so we don't bogart this with trophy details?
Old 10-05-10, 08:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by cruzness
Awesome effort last night for grinding out the trophies. Had fun and I would definitely say it was a successful night. Had 5 online trophies pop last night and I even leveled up a couple of more times.
to Gator for keeping us on task with the trophies and pointing out the opportunities to grab a trophy
to Cactus for helping out even though he already had a couple of the trophies and for informing us of the different bag themed match types
: to flip and Scott for being there and helping with the grind

Hopefully we can post a few strategies for the other stupid online trophies. Should we take this to the Rotating games thread so we don't bogart this with trophy details?
I think we're fine discussing it here since we are the majority that post in this thread. If anyone else wants to jump in with us next time give us a heads up. The next few online trophies don't seem to be that hard and according to some strategies we can do the grand prix races in pairs of two in private rooms. Also, we need to try and get some of the gambling trophies done and they should be easy if we can get a full table and stay on the same page. I would like to have 100% in this game once they're finished releasing DLC.
Old 10-05-10, 09:26 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Sorry I had to take off a bit early last night. The wife had just returned and had one of those venting faces. Suffice to say, that's my cue to sign off and agree with everything she says.

I have to figure out what is all involved with the trophies for that last DLC pack since I was left out of the fun for the first one.

The only main-game trophy left for me is the, guh, horsey. And if I get mauled by a cougar on my 19th mission... oh man... there are no words.
Old 10-05-10, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by jdpatri
The only main-game trophy left for me is the, guh, horsey. And if I get mauled by a cougar on my 19th mission... oh man... there are no words.
Start it from the beginning. Rembember that when you get the Kentucky Sadler from the horse breaking mission with Bonnie, it doesn't count as a new horse, and save after every mission. Shouldn't be that hard.
Old 10-05-10, 11:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Start it from the beginning. Rembember that when you get the Kentucky Sadler from the horse breaking mission with Bonnie, it doesn't count as a new horse, and save after every mission. Shouldn't be that hard.
And cycle through all 3 game save slots.
Old 10-05-10, 11:38 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Hard? Perhaps not.

Annoying. Absolutely.
Old 10-05-10, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Those two free outfits and challenges are finally coming as free DLC next Tuesday.
Old 10-05-10, 04:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Guru Askew
Those two free outfits and challenges are finally coming as free DLC next Tuesday.
Are you talking about the trophies that were cut from the PS3's last DLC batch? I sure hope we get those at some point. Holla at a trophy whore!
Old 10-05-10, 04:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Are you talking about the trophies that were cut from the PS3's last DLC batch? I sure hope we get those at some point. Holla at a trophy whore!
Nah. Apparently these outfits were a Gamestop exclusive. But there is a Jackalope.

Rockstar is releasing the Hunting and Trading Outfits Pack for Red Dead Redemption next week, for absolutely nothing, as a "token of appreciation to all the Red Dead Redemption fans out there."

Originally available as a GameStop-exclusive pre-order incentive, the two outfit pack consisting of Savvy Merchant and Expert Hunter gear, will also come with associated single-player challenges to tackle and some added perks for sporting the natty new gear.

Wear the Savvy Merchant outfit and you'll get guns at a shrewdly negotiated half price, whereas the Expert Hunter clothing garners double the skins and hides from your kills. The Hunting and Trading Outfits pack also unleashes the elusive Jacakalope into the wilderness to be hunted down, killed and skinned.

Look out for the Hunting and Trading Outfit Pack on October 12th. Good hunting!
Old 10-05-10, 10:10 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

They weren't actually Gamestop preorder exclusives. Gamestop had a poll in which you could choose among those two outfits and the Deadly Assassin outfit. Obviously that was the winner so now all these months later we're getting the two losers as free DLC. The "originally available" thing is incorrect (with a small caveat, see below) because they weren't actually released in the first place.

Hunting the jackalope is apparently one of the requirements for unlocking the hunter outfit. This DLC was released on the European PSN store about a month ago by mistake before quickly being pulled.

The DLC will also include a patch allowing people who don't own the premium DLC packs to see the exclusive characters in multiplayer.
Old 10-05-10, 10:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I just wish they would patch in the missing DLC trophies on the PS3. Here they are:

Complete either round of a Stronghold map without dying once.

Compulsive Liar
Win without losing a die while playing a full multiplayer Liar's Dice game.

Over 9001
Attain over 9,001 points while playing a single free roam session online.

Peacewalker
Play through an entire single race without shooting, getting shot or killed.

The Big Bluff
Win a multiplayer poker game by forcing another player with a superior hand to fold.

Last edited by dsa_shea; 10-05-10 at 10:29 PM.
Old 10-07-10, 08:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I know Cruz and I were planning on trying to do some more boosting on Friday. Is anyone else down with us to try and get some more trophies (cards, races, etc)?
Old 10-07-10, 08:57 AM

I know Cruz and I were planning on trying to do some more boosting on Friday. Is anyone else down with us to try and get some more trophies (cards, races, etc)?
It's officially our rotating game for Friday (http://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-...ights-ps3.html) so the regulars should know about it. I'm planning to be on barring any unforseen circumstances.
Old 10-13-10, 11:21 AM

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eq4qQC_H8qQ?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eq4qQC_H8qQ?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
Old 10-13-10, 02:39 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 922 Likes on 776 Posts

^ that looks so awesome. i can't wait. hope it is a good single player length. too bad no date announced yet.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.