Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

The official Xbox Live Arcade/Indie Games/Game Room Thread of Space Bucks for Fun

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The official Xbox Live Arcade/Indie Games/Game Room Thread of Space Bucks for Fun

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-12, 04:25 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,209 Likes on 4,236 Posts
Re: The official Xbox Live Arcade/Indie Games/Game Room Thread of Space Bucks for Fun

Originally Posted by pinata242
I'm up to 130 full xbla/xbli games myself according to that list.
I wasn't even checking those indie games. At first I was certain that included demos I had picked up along the way, but upon further investigation, I guess I actually own 27 of those, some of which I have no recollection of ever playing, purchasing or even trying the demos! Yeesh.
Old 01-04-12, 06:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: The official Xbox Live Arcade/Indie Games/Game Room Thread of Space Bucks for Fun

I don't like that purchase history site, I'm at 103 XBLA games and 10 Indie games, I didn't need to know that

And just remembered, that doesn't the free Daggerdale from the Asian account or the Who Wants To Be a Millionaire? Special Edition bought on a UK account.

Last edited by Jcheckel; 01-04-12 at 06:50 PM. Reason: forgot games
Old 01-04-12, 10:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Turned on my Xbox tonight and actually played some games.

You may not have heard this yet, but Bastion is pretty mesmerizing. That is all.
Old 01-04-12, 10:37 PM

Why didn't EA update the NBA Jam roster? That seems really mean and/or lazy in my book.
Old 01-04-12, 10:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pinata242
Turned on my Xbox tonight and actually played some games.

You may not have heard this yet, but Bastion is pretty mesmerizing. That is all.
Yup, I played it last week loved every minute of it. Just wish I had more time to start my new game+
Old 01-04-12, 10:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

89 XBLA
5 Indie

Yeesh.
Old 01-04-12, 11:05 PM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

50 XBLA games
43 Indie games
its a mess to figure out..but I also have over 10 full retail games downloaded...(most recent Cameron's Avatar)...
Old 01-04-12, 11:07 PM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

crap there are a lot more games than I thought that I bought and have not played...completely forgot I bought them...like Ms. Splosion Man....
Old 01-05-12, 06:03 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

71 XBLA games
0 Indie

...And I can scroll through game add-ons all day long and never reach the bottom. FUCK!
Old 01-05-12, 06:52 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

Are you guys just counting them on the site, or am I missing a tally somewhere?

60 XBLA*
1 Indie

*Unplayed
Snoopy's Flying Ace
Serious Sam 2
Torchlight
Beyond Good & Evil HD
Plants vs. Zombies
Old 01-05-12, 06:58 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
I just counted them. I'll feel like an idiot if there's an easy-to-find tally that I missed somewhere.
Old 01-05-12, 07:29 AM
wlj
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yikes I thought I had alot at 37.
Old 01-05-12, 09:08 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Queue the Clerks sound clip "37?"
Old 01-05-12, 09:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

In a row?
Old 01-05-12, 09:46 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
I copied mine into a spreadsheet and looked at the biggest number. I didn't bother to break out the types
Old 01-06-12, 11:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Vamn over at CAG spotted some nice changes to indie game prices:

Originally Posted by vamn
Since Microsoft recently changed their pricing structure for Xbox Indies, larger games can can now be sold for 80 MSP. As a result, many XBLIG devs have opted to drop the price of their games. I thought it would be pretty cool to have a thread that would try to track what WORTHWHILE games are now cheaper.

DISCLAIMER: Yes, I know that Xbox Indies is a largely horrifying wasteland of shovelware and absolute garbage like "Avatar Zombie Massager" and "Look I Made a One Level Platformer with MS Paint!!!". (There's really no need to elaborate on it further, we all know this.) But there ARE some good games in the pile. And I'd like to keep the thread focused on those, if possible.

So here's a few good price-dropped games to start off with:

Antipole - 240 -> 80 - Armless Octopus Review - Destructoid Review
Chester - 240 -> 80 - XBLIG Summer Uprising
Cthulu Saves the World - 240 -> 80 - Metacritic
Soulcaster - 240 -> 80 -
Soulcaster II - 240 -> 80 - XBLAFans Review - Armless Octopus Review

Future price drops:
Escape Goat should be dropping to 80 MSP in February, according to the developer.
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...d.php?t=312899
Old 01-06-12, 11:17 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by starman9000
Vamn over at CAG spotted some nice changes to indie game prices:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...d.php?t=312899
Soulcaster I & II for a buck a piece? Very nice. I've only bought a couple of Indie games (tried about a dozen or so), so this makes me a lot more willing to try a few of these. I would probably recommend that somebody start a separate thread (even though we try to shoehorn it in here) if there isn't one already. Given the right amount of space and upkeep, I think it could be a great resource. Because I'll be honest (I hope I'm not the only one), there is such a large sea of garbage out there in Indie Game land, it is very daunting to look through the mess.

Edit: Forgot that Cthulu is the sucessor to Breath of Death which is certainly the best XBLA Indie game I've played. So I'll grab that for a $1, no questions asked. BTW, it's obviously too late, but I wish Indie games were allowed like 6 achievements for 100 points or something. Just something so it would show up on my player card.

Last edited by Kedrix; 01-06-12 at 11:50 AM.
Old 01-06-12, 01:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as "orangecrush18" - still legal though

Originally Posted by Kedrix
Soulcaster I & II for a buck a piece? Very nice. I've only bought a couple of Indie games (tried about a dozen or so), so this makes me a lot more willing to try a few of these. I would probably recommend that somebody start a separate thread (even though we try to shoehorn it in here) if there isn't one already. Given the right amount of space and upkeep, I think it could be a great resource. Because I'll be honest (I hope I'm not the only one), there is such a large sea of garbage out there in Indie Game land, it is very daunting to look through the mess.

Edit: Forgot that Cthulu is the sucessor to Breath of Death which is certainly the best XBLA Indie game I've played. So I'll grab that for a $1, no questions asked. BTW, it's obviously too late, but I wish Indie games were allowed like 6 achievements for 100 points or something. Just something so it would show up on my player card.
100 is probably too many, but something like 50 would be nice and help give the Indie games more credibility and mindshare among xbox gamers.
Old 01-06-12, 02:12 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

50 points is all it would take for a lot of people. It's silly MS can't see that.
Old 01-06-12, 03:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts

But then the crappy games would probably just make the 50 points incredibly easy to get to entice achievement whores.
Old 01-06-12, 03:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by majorjoe23
But then the crappy games would probably just make the 50 points incredibly easy to get to entice achievement whores.
*rubs hands together* mmmm, yesssssss
Old 01-06-12, 03:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by majorjoe23
What's the problem if they did? Who loses in that situation? MS and the "developer" makes their money, and the consumer gets exactly what they wanted, easy achievements. It's not like achievement points are some sort of currency (unless they do one of those contests again).
Old 01-06-12, 04:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as "orangecrush18" - still legal though

Originally Posted by flashburn
What's the problem if they did? Who loses in that situation? MS and the "developer" makes their money, and the consumer gets exactly what they wanted, easy achievements. It's not like achievement points are some sort of currency (unless they do one of those contests again).
It would undermine the point of them having achievements IMO. With how indie games are released, nothing would really stop some of the crappier developers from creating games whereby you just press start and get the full gamer score. That said, I think it would still be a good thing to do overall.
Old 01-06-12, 04:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 450 Posts

Originally Posted by orangecrush
It would undermine the point of them having achievements IMO. With how indie games are released, nothing would really stop some of the crappier developers from creating games whereby you just press start and get the full gamer score. That said, I think it would still be a good thing to do overall.
The XBLIG games are peer reviewed. They could make evaluation of the achievement points part of the peer review process:
http://create.msdn.com/en-US/home/fa...faq-peerreview
Old 01-06-12, 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by orangecrush
I think Windows Phone undermined the point of having Achievements already. I don't really care one way or another.
I do like the way that Indie Games I own are listed in the My Games section of the dash now, but wish I could easily tell which ones I own vs which are demos.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.