Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Just Cause 2

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-10, 01:21 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 396 Likes on 296 Posts
Re: Just Cause 2

Originally Posted by mugwump
You have to call it in from the black market dude.
I tried, it wasn't there. Yes, I downloaded it
Old 04-18-10, 04:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mugwump
Blow up whatever you want when you want with one caveat -- don't hit 100% on an airport as they seem to stop spawning planes after that.

And feel free to shoot your faction friends as they never fight back and are a good source of weapons and ammo once they're dead. Just don't blast them during a mission as you might need them.
Really? I've hit 100% on a load of Military Airports and planes are still spawning.
Old 04-18-10, 09:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 443 Likes on 310 Posts

Originally Posted by TheNightFlier
Really? I've hit 100% on a load of Military Airports and planes are still spawning.
Me too.
Old 04-18-10, 09:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

They spawn for me, too, although less.
Old 04-19-10, 09:58 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

My dastardly son hit 100% on the military airport just north of the first safe house you spawn at and ever since then there hasn't been a single plane that's shown up at that location. I haven't hit 100% on an airport since out of fear that that's what would happen. Glad to hear it's not really a problem.
Old 04-19-10, 07:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

So of course I'm screwing around tonight and I zip line over the golden goose itself....the Vanderbilt Leisure Liner Bus. Tried to turn back real fast but it was gone.
Old 04-20-10, 08:32 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

I am up to 78% on this now with about 70 hours worth of gameplay. I have been getting into the races quite a bit and really enjoy most of them. For every single air race though i purchase a chopper and use that. Just way easier than having to control the planes (which can be erratic at the best of times). One of the car races was simply amazing and lasted for about 10 minutes. It was as enjoyable as any real racing game i have ever played. I also had a nice little thing happen when i jumped out of a helicopter to take on a base with a Colonel in it. I land, start taking out the soldiers and the helicopter comes plummeting in, hits the Colonel straight on and kills him. Man i love this game.
Old 04-21-10, 12:23 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

This one wasn't even on my radar (PS3), but after downloading and playing the demo, I'm stoked to pick it up. Tried to find a good transition game after I beat InFamous, so I think I did!
Old 04-21-10, 07:54 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Late to the game (literally!), but here's an uploaded video from my PS3 of about 4 minutes of gameplay! Too bad I didn't record what I did later - I have to go back and do it again anyway!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lts-Sz7oNO0

Here's another 9 minute video - I love being able to steal a chopper and then use it to fly wherever I want, knowing all the terrain below me is "real!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1zD7bGt13k

Last edited by RockyMtnBri; 04-22-10 at 12:05 PM.
Old 04-21-10, 11:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

A friend of mine has this for the PC and some of the mods are pretty great - my favorite being a mod where you can grapple to something up to a mile away.
Old 04-22-10, 04:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I beat it with 29%. I think I'll mess around a bit more and trade it when Red Dead comes out.
Old 04-22-10, 04:56 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I'm debating whether to trade this in as well. I finished it, and have nearly 60% complete. I seems like it'd be a good idea to trade this in and buy it later down the line when it's under $10. It's definitely a fun messing around game.
Old 04-23-10, 06:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by nickdawgy
I'm debating whether to trade this in as well. I finished it, and have nearly 60% complete. I seems like it'd be a good idea to trade this in and buy it later down the line when it's under $10. It's definitely a fun messing around game.
I just sent mine into Amazon for the $33 credit, I'll put it towards the Red Dead Redemption preorder. I hit 66% and that's enough for me, maybe I'll pick it up down the road again.
Old 04-23-10, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Its funny but i have never felt the need to trade games in at all. The only times i have done it are when i have managed to somehow end up with two copies of the same game. If a game is good then i want to hold onto it. These days i do not rush out and buy a game unless i am 100% positive that i am gonna enjoy it. If i am unsure of a game then i will wait to see all the reviews and player feedback before i make a purchase. I just feel that the gamers out there get roaylly screwed by stores with trade ins.

I am up to 82% in the game now and know that even when i hit 100% i will play this game in the future. Few titles coming up in the next few weeks though that will take me away from this a bit, and also reading peoples positive response to The Saboteur i think i will have to pick that one up as well.
Old 04-24-10, 04:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by james2025a
Its funny but i have never felt the need to trade games in at all. The only times i have done it are when i have managed to somehow end up with two copies of the same game. If a game is good then i want to hold onto it. These days i do not rush out and buy a game unless i am 100% positive that i am gonna enjoy it. If i am unsure of a game then i will wait to see all the reviews and player feedback before i make a purchase. I just feel that the gamers out there get roaylly screwed by stores with trade ins.

I am up to 82% in the game now and know that even when i hit 100% i will play this game in the future. Few titles coming up in the next few weeks though that will take me away from this a bit, and also reading peoples positive response to The Saboteur i think i will have to pick that one up as well.
I usually don't trade in games, but this didn't cost me anything (gift card.) I figure if I can flip it and put it towards something else, why not.
Old 04-27-10, 11:13 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by james2025a

I just reached a huge city that'll take me hours, if not days, to tackle. Fortunately I parked my chopper in a park, so if I need to beat a hasty retreat, I can do so.
Old 04-27-10, 01:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I've gotten to a point (around 35%) where I can't stop playing it.

I know, that sounds kinda backwards, as most similarly huge games make you wanna stop at around that point - but while it started out good, I feel like the game's just starting to get great. It's addicting as hell - soon as I see shit that needs blowing up, I just can't help myself. Even after all this time, I'm still discovering new things to do, seeing new location - just blew up my first oil rig, using a chopper then grappling onto to it to finish it off - just awesome, and with the upgrades (I maxed out my sub-machine gun and machine gun and chopper), it's even more fun.

This is slowly turning into GOTY.
Old 04-27-10, 01:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I am soooooooooooo close to finishing. I am at 98% now and only have to find some things in a couple of the cities and one black box and i think maybe one race left to complete. Searching the cities is frustrating though as i have blown up all the water towers from what i can see, i have certainly collected all the weapon/vehicle parts. I know its just gonna be a couple of those propoganda trucks that are out there waiting to be found. I have driven around the streets, parachuted around and flown helicopters around trying to find them....but nothing so far. Thsi game has been awesome though and know i will come back to it for sheer screwing around on a regular basis. I thought it would give Oblivion a run for its money for game time...but not quite as bad (200+ hours on Oblivion compared to 80 hours so far on this). It will burn up a lot of replay hours in the future i am sure though.
Old 04-27-10, 04:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by RockyMtnBri
I just reached a huge city that'll take me hours, if not days, to tackle. Fortunately I parked my chopper in a park, so if I need to beat a hasty retreat, I can do so.
Be careful. Sometimes the enemy will steal your chopper and come after you with it.
Old 04-27-10, 05:36 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This seems like a really fun game! It's in my "to play" pile along with a whole lot of other games. Hopefully, I'll get around to playing this one sooner rather than later. I'm on Velvet assassin and stuck so, maybe I'll give it a go just to break the monotony of it all!
Old 04-27-10, 09:52 PM
2017 TOTY Winner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

stumbled across a really cool in game video...

Last edited by Save Ferris; 04-27-10 at 09:57 PM.
Old 04-27-10, 11:48 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Has anyone flown the little black "experimental" plane? That thing needs a runway or straightaway for take off and landing, but man, it's fast like nothing! I was able to land it at one of the airfields with no incident -this time! Yesterday I tried to set it down in the desert and blew up!
Old 04-29-10, 08:11 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your best bet in the cities is to just go Spiderman and swing between rooftops. Start at one end and work your way across town.
Old 04-29-10, 08:31 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Panda Phil
Your best bet in the cities is to just go Spiderman and swing between rooftops. Start at one end and work your way across town.
That's what I'm doing, along with grabbing copters for aerial recon. This thing is just TOO much fun! BTW, the remark about taking hours to complete wasn't a knock - many of the games I've bought nowadays just don't have the longevity this one appears to. Don't forget - DLC today! Four new Black Market items, including a frikkin' fighter jet!
Old 04-29-10, 09:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts

Has anyone flown the little black "experimental" plane? That thing needs a runway or straightaway for take off and landing, but man, it's fast like nothing! I was able to land it at one of the airfields with no incident -this time! Yesterday I tried to set it down in the desert and blew up!
Is that the one that looks kinda like a warhawk? I blew up several of those before I figured out u need a very straight path to take off.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.