Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Darksiders (PS3/360)...Bring on the Apocalypse!!

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Darksiders (PS3/360)...Bring on the Apocalypse!!

Old 05-04-10, 11:52 AM
gamer for life

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Darksiders (PS3/360)...Bring on the Apocalypse!!

Between this and Batman, I am starting to geek out for Mark Hamill again...
Old 05-04-10, 12:09 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone receive the artbook and Red Faction after sending away for that offer a while back?
Old 05-04-10, 12:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I got Red Faction and some sort of disc with darksiders extras yes.
Old 05-04-10, 12:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 261 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by jiggawhat View Post
Anyone receive the artbook and Red Faction after sending away for that offer a while back?
Yes, Most of us received them about a month ago.
Old 05-05-10, 04:38 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni View Post
Yes, Most of us received them about a month ago.
That sucks for me then cuz I didn't.
Old 05-05-10, 06:55 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 499 Likes on 323 Posts

I hear you Dude. Hell, I didn't even know about the deal.
Old 05-09-10, 02:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by chess View Post
Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy - PS2/Xbox/GCN game that you could probably get for $5-10. I can't recommend this one highly enough. Again, very much a Zelda game, but the puzzles in the Mummy portions of the game really put it over the top.
I just bought this based on your recommendation. I have no idea when I'll get to it, but it was only $5 at Gamestop.
Old 05-09-10, 03:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy - PS2/Xbox/GCN game that you could probably get for $5-10. I can't recommend this one highly enough. Again, very much a Zelda game, but the puzzles in the Mummy portions of the game really put it over the top.
I still have that game sealed
Old 05-09-10, 03:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Awesome!

If you like Zelda, you'll probably dig it, and the mummy portions are especially cool IMO. You basically torture your guy (set him on fire, electricute him etc.) to solve puzzles, and it's pretty damn funny to see.

When you get to it, I'd love to hear your thoughts.
Old 05-09-10, 05:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I played it for a couple of hours just to see if it held up. It gets off to a slow start, but once you get to the "hub", and get the sword and shield of Osiris, it's a good time.

Give it at least 2-3 hours before you give up on it. It's not as good as Darksiders or Beyond Good and Evil, but it's certainly worth playing through for $5.
Old 05-09-10, 06:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JsLfTvPoE78&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JsLfTvPoE78&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

I love this game already
Old 05-09-10, 06:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Zelda is one of my favorite series (along w/ Hitman and GTA) so I'm sure I'll dig it. I also bought Fatal Frame II for PS2. I've seen that listed among the scariest games ever, so I wanted to check it out. But with Red Dead Redemption coming next week who knows when I'll get to those games.
Old 05-10-10, 04:48 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

It still bugs me that I never got to finish that game. I was approaching the last boss and the game froze. I was half asleep but I figured I'd finish it. It's one of those games that has the default to start a new game, so when I restarted I just kept hitting A or whatever the default button is, and didn't realize until too late that I was overwriting my save. I tried to stop it mid-start, but it just corrupted my save.
Old 06-14-10, 02:41 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 499 Likes on 323 Posts

DAMN!!!

Spoiler:
After Straga I thought the games was over. ...Guess not. Then I left Eden and didn't pick up any items! No Armor for me. This game is getting tedious.
Old 06-14-10, 05:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Giantrobo View Post
DAMN!!!

Spoiler:
After Straga I thought the games was over. ...Guess not. Then I left Eden and didn't pick up any items! No Armor for me. This game is getting tedious.
Exactly what I thought towards the end. I powered through the last portion just to finish the game. The final cutscene made it worth continuing.
Old 06-14-10, 08:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I loved that game. Played it on the Cube. Lots of fun. I have so many games and tend to get distracted easily if they get too hard ... this was one of a handful of games I have actually completed.
Old 08-10-10, 04:44 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 100 Likes on 68 Posts

I picked this up for $20 just recently, and let me say I do like the whole Zelda vibe it has going on. A couple things, though...

Why is Tiamat so hard? I got to the third phase but was so weak it didn't matter. Got killed by a fireball. It seems so cheap.

Later in the game are there timed sequences where you have to get to a door before it closes, a la Prince of Persia/Assassin's Creed 2? Bceause if there is, this game is going to get traded right away
Old 08-10-10, 10:02 AM
Mok
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by nickdawgy View Post

Later in the game are there timed sequences where you have to get to a door before it closes, a la Prince of Persia/Assassin's Creed 2? Bceause if there is, this game is going to get traded right away
There is a sequence later where you have to slow time to get through a fast closing door.
Old 08-10-10, 11:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I don't think that's exactly what he's talking about. Those doors aren't hard to get to at all, and there's usually no fighting involved. At any rate, they were never frustrating.

Tiamat is unnecessarily hard and doesn't play to the strengths of the game, but the other bosses are easier/better. Her last phase is super easy though...just
Spoiler:
keep your distance and use that boomerang thing.
Old 08-10-10, 01:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 100 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by Mok View Post
There is a sequence later where you have to slow time to get through a fast closing door.
I just passed that part. Tiamat was easy when I used the boomerang.

Now I am in a desert, with worms, and getting frustrated on what to do next. I am stuck at a part where I can't climb up because the blades of this machine keep knocking me down.
Old 08-10-10, 03:21 PM
Mok

Originally Posted by nickdawgy View Post
I just passed that part. Tiamat was easy when I used the boomerang.

Now I am in a desert, with worms, and getting frustrated on what to do next. I am stuck at a part where I can't climb up because the blades of this machine keep knocking me down.
You have to use the slow down time to get past the blades. Usually there is a lever around that will lower the blue glowing orbs to slow down time.
Old 08-10-10, 03:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I remember getting hung up there for a little bit too...not because of the blades, but because I couldn't figure out where to go next.

I really dug the worms...sort of a Tremors/Dune vibe, and you are about to get your badass sidekick.
Old 08-13-10, 02:17 PM
Mok

Finally beat the game it seemed to drag towards the end for me too, but the final battle and end scene cliffhanger made up for it. Can't wait for Darksiders 2.
Old 08-14-10, 04:04 AM

I got to the part where it's (I'm guessing) the 1st or 2nd BIG boss. You have to throw those blades to hit the flame and then hit the flying ...thing. lol

I got frustrated and put it down for awhile, as it took me weeks to get past an area after the Jailer.
Old 08-30-10, 08:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Finally beat this this weekend, I really had a good time with it, though the portal stuff got a bit tedious for me near the end. I missed two soldier artifacts and am not sure if I can be bothered to go search for them. I also think I must have accidentally skipped some cut-scenes, I really didn't know what was going on story-wise.

I loved most of the bosses, but some of the kill animations for the bigger creatures got annoying in a hurry.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.