Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Darksiders (PS3/360)...Bring on the Apocalypse!!

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Darksiders (PS3/360)...Bring on the Apocalypse!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-10, 09:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Darksiders (PS3/360)...Bring on the Apocalypse!!

Also, I think I'm coming to terms with the fact that I can really only play pretty casual games any more, I sometimes have to go weeks at a time without playing; so long, detailed quests/storys aren't for me. I got pretty far into oblivion, but now have no clue what I was doing and would likely have to start over, same with Mass Effect.

That said, would you guys recommend Fable 2 or Fallout 3 as my next game?
Old 08-30-10, 10:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 401 Likes on 301 Posts

I loved Fable II but Fallout 3 was excellent. Get the GOTY version if you can.
Old 08-31-10, 12:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

Fallout 3 was the first game I was willing to Platinum so I would have to recommend the GOTY edition.
Old 08-31-10, 05:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks, I already have the regular version, so I'll probably just try that out.
Old 04-03-11, 01:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts

Damn this game is hard even on easy. Tiamot took about ten times before finally resorting to youtube. And this is one long ass game . I'm at the hollows and have logged close to ten hours. But am having a blast so far!
Old 04-03-11, 01:29 AM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mhg83
Damn this game is hard even on easy. Tiamot took about ten times before finally resorting to youtube. And this is one long ass game . I'm at the hollows and have logged close to ten hours. But am having a blast so far!
It has been a while since I played the game, but after Tiamot the game actually becomes a bit to easy....every other boss in the game seemed to be on the easy side (which was a let down)...once you upgrade some stuff, I don't think the game brings the difficulty up enough...
Old 04-03-11, 01:41 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Blew through it on the hardest setting. Don't remember any stopping points unless you count the shitty angelic beast achievement.
Old 04-03-11, 05:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thinking about the bosses...and there are some epic ones in there...maybe not particularly difficult after Tiamat, but definitely epic. I don't want to spoil anything, but I especially loved the desert one and the lead up to it.
Old 04-03-11, 06:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

You know your addicted to this game when you keep playing through the entire night
Old 04-03-11, 04:17 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

I really need to buy this game again to play through it on hard. It was great, and I'd like to put more time into it.
Old 04-23-11, 10:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Just finished the game up. Logged in 25 hrs 22 minutes. Beat it on Easy (yeah i suck at gaming )

Graphics were great looking as well as the art and level design. Those sand worms reminded me of Tremors.

Story was good and enjoyed most of the characters. My main gripe was Mark Hamils Character. If you can summon him at any time why did i have to back trace to a certain spot in order to buy upgrades and teleport?!?!

the games spike in difficulty after the first boss and the insanity of The Black Throne was another problem i had with the game. It also felt a bit too long for an action adventure game.

But even with the above complaints i had a Blast!

Originally Posted by JasonF
Oh yeah. That was pretty cool, and bodes well for Darksiders 2.
Originally Posted by chess

And yeah, the ending was bad ass! "Not alone."
I cant wait for the sequel. My only fear is that
Spoiler:
With the rest of the horsemen at the end, they'll make Darksiders 2 into a crappy online 4 player co-op game
Old 04-23-11, 11:29 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts

Originally Posted by mhg83
Story was good and enjoyed most of the characters. My main gripe was Mark Hamils Character. If you can summon him at any time why did i have to back trace to a certain spot in order to buy upgrades and teleport?!?!

I cant wait for the sequel. My only fear is that
Spoiler:
With the rest of the horsemen at the end, they'll make Darksiders 2 into a crappy online 4 player co-op game
The character you can summon, The Watcher, isn't who sells upgrades, that's Vulgrim.

And you don't have to worry about your spoiler

Spoiler:
The producers have said the next one will focus on a different horseman and take simultaneously to the events of the first
Old 07-16-11, 07:07 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

So Im almost done with the game and I love it. Im where I have to get the pieces of the sword to fight the last guy so I should be done tomorrow night. I REALLY hate the backtracking and that fucking portal gun got me stuck in a few spots where its suppose to be I guess like a 'puzzle' Mainly where I had to do the 3 beams and on the 3rd I had to shoot through a portal to get the other. Yea I had done it before on an earlier part but was sure I could just shoot accross that chasm.

Loved the Tremor boss fight and really guys.... I had NO trouble with Tiamat. I beat him first try the other night, even the first time when I did the demo. The only boss I had trouble was with that damn spider! And Im on normal difficulty
Old 07-16-11, 11:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ravenous
So Im almost done with the game and I love it. Im where I have to get the pieces of the sword to fight the last guy so I should be done tomorrow night. I REALLY hate the backtracking and that fucking portal gun got me stuck in a few spots where its suppose to be I guess like a 'puzzle' Mainly where I had to do the 3 beams and on the 3rd I had to shoot through a portal to get the other. Yea I had done it before on an earlier part but was sure I could just shoot accross that chasm.

Loved the Tremor boss fight and really guys.... I had NO trouble with Tiamat. I beat him first try the other night, even the first time when I did the demo. The only boss I had trouble was with that damn spider! And Im on normal difficulty
Dude I can't believe you bumped this thread today. I searched this game earlier. The reason:

I have never been into these kinda games before. The only one I have ever played for maybe 1 level was DMC4 and didn't like it.

Fast forward to last week and for some strange reason I decided to DL the Dante's Inferno demo and LOVED IT!!!!! I'm half way through and started searching for others I missed. I don't play PS3 so God of War is out. I tried the Bayonetta demo and it wasn't my cup of tea. Tried the Demo for Darksiders and had a blast so it's next on my list.
Old 07-17-11, 01:15 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Larry C.
Dude I can't believe you bumped this thread today. I searched this game earlier. The reason:

I have never been into these kinda games before. The only one I have ever played for maybe 1 level was DMC4 and didn't like it.

Fast forward to last week and for some strange reason I decided to DL the Dante's Inferno demo and LOVED IT!!!!! I'm half way through and started searching for others I missed. I don't play PS3 so God of War is out. I tried the Bayonetta demo and it wasn't my cup of tea. Tried the Demo for Darksiders and had a blast so it's next on my list.
If you loved dantes inferno then you will be ecstatic with Darksiders. Dantes inferno is absolutely horrible compared to Darksiders. Don't get me wrong, dante's is fun, but it's very generic. Darksiders though was fun for me from beginning to end. Comparing the 2 is like comparing White Castle to In and Out Burger.
Old 07-18-11, 09:40 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by glassdragon
If you loved dantes inferno then you will be ecstatic with Darksiders. Dantes inferno is absolutely horrible compared to Darksiders. Don't get me wrong, dante's is fun, but it's very generic. Darksiders though was fun for me from beginning to end. Comparing the 2 is like comparing White Castle to In and Out Burger.
Well I played the Darksiders demo for awhile and still prefer Dante's but I have to play the game to be sure. Also I saw some vids on Castlevania Lord of Shadow and that looks great too!
Old 07-18-11, 10:34 AM
wlj
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dante's Inferno was fantastic. It was the first game in a long time that I was excited about finishing it on each difficulty level. I never do that. I played through that game probably 7 times.

Darksiders -- didn't care much for the demo, seemed a little clunky to me.

Bayonetta -- I bought the game and played through probably half of it. It was a little too "out there" for me. I never really got a good handle of the combat system.

Larry C -- give the Ninja Gaiden series a shot. I am a HUGE fan. Download Ninja Gaiden Black off of games on demand. It will be very tough to begin with, but once you get the hang of it --- it kicks ass.
Old 07-18-11, 10:44 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Fast forward to last week and for some strange reason I decided to DL the Dante's Inferno demo and LOVED IT!!!!! I'm half way through and started searching for others I missed. I don't play PS3 so God of War is out.
Well, if you ever change your mind about PS3, you will LOVE God of War. Seriously, they're just incredible games. Also, all five games will be released on the PS3 (the two PSP games are being HD remastered) and I've loved them all.
Old 07-18-11, 03:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 201 Likes on 134 Posts

I think in the course of playing this game I felt it was a little tedious, but a year later I think I liked it more than I realized. The fact that I finished it should have told me so - I have a shelf full of unfinished games.
Old 07-18-11, 08:18 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Beat this last night and LOVED it. I think it was better than GOW3.

I dug Dantes Inferno, it was a good game. Im looking forward to getting Castlevania eventually
Old 07-19-11, 11:46 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

You guys are making me want to finally open this game up and give it a whirl. I think I might after I've finished Zelda: Twilight Princess.
Old 07-19-11, 02:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Alright I figure I'll let you guys decide my next game.

1. Darksiders
2. Castlevania Lord of Shadow
3. Ninja Gaiden II

Some instight on how you might vote:

1. What I love about Dante's is I really feel powerful with his weapon and the holy/unholy powerups.
2. The thing that REALLY does it for me on Dante's if the ease of upgrading his magic, its simple and straight forward.
3. The visuals are great.
4. I love the scope of everything being giagantic compared to me and awesome bosses.

So which one suits me best?
Old 07-19-11, 02:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

NGII will break your soul. But it's amazing. Do not be shamed to play on the easiest setting your first time.
Old 07-19-11, 02:32 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Castlevania. Although this being the Darksiders thread, I'm guessing a lot of people will recommend that one. I recommend it too, but Castlevania is a better game and has more of the things you liked about Dante's.
Old 07-19-11, 09:48 PM

Castlevania is probably more similar to Dante's than Darksiders. Darksiders is kind of Zelda-like in some respects. It's actually a toss up, they're both great games as far as I'm concerned.

Ninja Gaiden 2 on the other hand can suck it. The first one was incredibly difficult, but once you got the hang of it, it was a really, really good action game with a decent story. 2 just makes no sense, is just as harder if not harder, and the part where I stopped playing just seemed cheap to me. I was fighting like 5 or 6 demons at once while 2 more were flying around chucking fireballs at me from a distance. It was infuriating.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.