Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Darksiders (PS3/360)...Bring on the Apocalypse!!

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Darksiders (PS3/360)...Bring on the Apocalypse!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-10, 04:53 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Darksiders (PS3/360)...Bring on the Apocalypse!!

This is a very fun game so far, but the screen tearing has been quite prevalent on my 360 copy. It appears almost every time the camera swivels and I had to stop playing because it gave me a headache. I know that a patch is supposed to be on the way, but I hope that wasn't just an empty promise. For the record I'm playing in 1080p and the game is installed on my HDD.

Edit: Great news, according to the official website it looks like a patch will be coming this Wednesday.

"Xbox 360 users, we're pleased to announce that a patch for the screen tearing issue experienced by some gamers will be available on Wednesday around 2am PST! Just fire up the game and the download will start automatically if you are connected to Xbox Live.
To everyone, we really appreciate your feedback and hope you know that we're paying attention to all of it. Again, thanks for playing Darksiders!" http://community.darksiders.com/home

Last edited by Eric D.; 01-25-10 at 06:51 PM.
Old 01-25-10, 07:31 PM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

great news!!!
Old 01-25-10, 09:02 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,809 Likes on 1,129 Posts

That's cool. Maybe I'll buy this after all.
Old 01-25-10, 10:35 PM
gamer for life

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
That's cool. Maybe I'll buy this after all.
the graphics look like first generation Xbox graphics, so you might want to hold off.
Old 01-25-10, 11:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's super news, except for those of us who already finished 2 playthroughs of the game and likely won't be doing another one with stacks of other unplayed games sitting around.

I guess that's the price of buying on release day.
Old 01-25-10, 11:49 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,809 Likes on 1,129 Posts

Originally Posted by foxdvd
the graphics look like first generation Xbox graphics, so you might want to hold off.
Now that I know what to expect I'll be less disappointed.
Old 01-27-10, 05:12 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 217 Likes on 130 Posts

The patch definitely worked on getting rid of the screen tearing. Downloaded it this morning and it fixed the problem. As for the graphics, they're not going to blow anyone's mind, but they're certainly a step up from what you'd see on a first-gen Xbox title.
Old 01-27-10, 05:39 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

The patch worked like a charm. Now I can truly enjoy this game!
Old 01-28-10, 05:01 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

The Patch worked wonders! It's easily as satisfying as the PS3 version!
Old 02-12-10, 05:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

They've revealed what the code on preorders gets you

http://community.darksiders.com/

Still hanging onto that mystery code? Good, because this is what you're getting:

* A digital Hellbook disc featuring Darksiders art, videos, and other awesome stuff!
* A free copy of Red Faction: Guerrilla, a third person shooter featuring fully destructible environments... on Mars! To learn more about RF:G, go here.
o Click here to receive the 360 version.
o Click here to receive the PS3 version.

Once you click on which version you want, enter your Promo Code and click "Apply."

This offer is only available to US residents and ends March 7, 2010. Shipping and handling not included.

Digital disc and a FREE copy of Red Faction Guerrilla for your system..

Best, code give away ever?
Old 02-12-10, 05:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by glassdragon
They've revealed what the code on preorders gets you

http://community.darksiders.com/

Digital disc and a FREE copy of Red Faction Guerrilla for your system..

Best, code give away ever?
Considering how awesome RFG is, yeah...it's pretty awesome.
Old 02-12-10, 05:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just opened my copy from TRU. Not a pre-order, but I got me a code too. Guess I should get RFG now, especially if I win some free DLC from some other shitty forum.
Old 02-12-10, 05:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

BTW, the code is case-sensitive and it seems s/h is $4.99. They add on an additional $4.99 "Extended Download Service" that, I guess, is an online backup... of a 360/PS3 disc?

I removed that, so it looks like I'll be getting RFG for $4.99.
Old 02-12-10, 06:07 PM

My copy just got delivered to my girls house. Will be picking this up sunday and hoping for this code
Old 02-12-10, 06:50 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,226 Posts

Just found a mint used copy of this game at Gamestop for $34.99 with the code. Figured what the hell and bought it. Do people here like the game (Darksiders)? I'm hoping I do. I already own RFG as does my best friend, but maybe somebody would want it, I guess. Don't really know if I want to spend $5 to get a second copy of RFG, but I probably will pick it up if only to sell the original version.

Last edited by Decker; 02-12-10 at 06:56 PM.
Old 02-12-10, 07:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,937 Likes on 1,498 Posts

It's surprising to me how quickly this game dropped in price... I mean, I know God of War is coming out soon, but still. Remind me again why anyone buys games new anymore?
Old 02-12-10, 08:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Decker
Just found a mint used copy of this game at Gamestop for $34.99 with the code. Figured what the hell and bought it. Do people here like the game (Darksiders)?
I thought it was well done and a lot of fun. It gets the constant Zelda style of play claim for/against it, but really, it is in terms of items and story progression mixed with a more God of War style of combat, but updated. It borrows a lot from other games, but does it well. $35 seems like a great price point on it IMO.
Old 02-13-10, 10:28 PM
gamer for life

I already have a copy of RFG, but still an amazing deal..

Last edited by foxdvd; 02-13-10 at 10:37 PM.
Old 02-13-10, 10:31 PM
gamer for life

just to add...I am having a HARD time getting through Darksiders...the game is easy enough, but I am not enjoying it that much anymore. At least the screen tearing is gone...
Old 02-13-10, 11:14 PM

Does it have frame rate issues for everyone? It seems choppy and really doesn't look very good to me. I played for an hour or so. Not too impressed, but I guess it's okay. So far it feels more like a GoW clone, but I guess the Zelda-like dungeon crawlling will be coming soon enough.
Old 02-13-10, 11:42 PM
gamer for life

Originally Posted by Decker
Does it have frame rate issues for everyone? It seems choppy and really doesn't look very good to me. I played for an hour or so. Not too impressed, but I guess it's okay. So far it feels more like a GoW clone, but I guess the Zelda-like dungeon crawlling will be coming soon enough.
During real hectic fights the frame rate might drop just a hair, and you get small hiccups from time to time, but after the download, the game runs real smooth with no tearing. It actually is a nice looking game, just sort of boring.

I will say, the zelda parts happen a little later in the game, and when that stuff first started happening, it really got good. After a while, it seemed like they ran out of ideas, and just starting throwing monsters at you. When you are backtracking looking for loot you could not get to because you did not have an upgrade, you have to fight more monsters, over and over and over...since the battles are almost exactly the same...over and over and over, it becomes repetitive. I guess this would not happen if you did not care about getting all the armor and upgrades, but if you do...ugh...

The thing is, with other games, like Borderlands, I do not care that I have to fight people over and over again. Games like God of War somehow keep it fun...this game does not....one thing I hate is how many fucking swings it takes to drop even earlier level enemies. Upgrades to your weapon just don't seem to have any sort of payoff...I got one of the highest level upgrades in the game, that makes my gun SUPER powerful, or so it says. FUCK...I emptied almost a minute worth of shots into one low level enemy before he died. That is just stupid. What is the point of even having a gun? I mean, at least Devil May Cry's gun seemed to do some damage.
Old 02-14-10, 07:07 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 217 Likes on 130 Posts

Yeah, the gun in this game was pretty much a joke. It was like the programmed it to only be effective against the specific enemies they wanted you to use it on. That said, the sword definitely gets a lot more powerful and leveling up your moves seemed to have a pretty big impact for me. I really didn't have a problem with them throwing enemies back in while you were re-exploring. First, most of those don't even have to be dealt with, as you can just run around, do your thing and ignore them. Second, between the horseback attacks and your chaos form, almost all of the non-boss enemies can be taken down really, really fast and easily.
Old 02-15-10, 09:00 PM
gamer for life

Well I finished it.

I will say that once I stopped looking for items, and actually continued the story, the game got good again. Not great, but good. The boss battles were a little on the easy side, but some of the kill animations were sweet. I have to admit I got chills during the very very last part....The last major "zelda" like level was very well done.
Old 02-16-10, 01:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I just read the demo will be available next week and will take the "average" player 90 minutes.

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/02/16/ex...bl-psn-feb-25/
Old 02-16-10, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by Chew
I just read the demo will be available next week and will take the "average" player 90 minutes.

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/02/16/ex...bl-psn-feb-25/
Yeah, I saw that too. I wonder if that will actually encourage people to buy the game. After all, once they finish the demo, they'd have to go get the game and replay all that dungeon stuff again. It seems like disincentive to actually purchase the game unless there's some way that you can keep your progress and Achievements from the demo once you purchase the game, XBLA-style.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.