Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

inFAMOUS (PS3) Thread

Old 05-21-09, 05:28 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Re: inFAMOUS (PS3) Thread

Originally Posted by Decker
Me too. But since it's over a Gig and on PSN, I'm prepared to wait until tomorow to try it.
I got the download passcode from the Best Buy presale. It took less than 20 minutes to download. I've noticed over the past few months, that my PS3 download times have gotten way faster.
Old 05-21-09, 07:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

The demo downloaded fast for me. I got my ass handed to me in the demo though. I don't function well on games that don't let you lock on to enemies. I can not aim with the R stick worth a damn. Very cool game though. Love the style of it and the powers. Unfortunately it has my main complaint from Crackdown. Your super powered guy dies way too easy.

Last edited by darkside; 05-21-09 at 07:56 PM.
Old 05-21-09, 08:55 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Demo started at 90 mins eta.
Old 05-21-09, 09:21 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My dl was very fast indeed 15 minutes from start to finish. Excellent game play! Can't wait til next week to really get into it.
Old 05-21-09, 09:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

glad others were able to download fast...... 4 hrs later and I'm only at 75%
Old 05-21-09, 10:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This game is pretty fun. The controls are very forgiving and you can move very smoothly from building to building.

Although, just from what I've seen it seems like the good versus dark seems a bit overrated. Didn't seem like hardly anything changed.
Old 05-21-09, 11:18 PM

Received 511 Likes on 368 Posts

Originally Posted by PopcornTreeCt
Although, just from what I've seen it seems like the good versus dark seems a bit overrated. Didn't seem like hardly anything changed.
I felt the same way playing the demo. The cut scenes and character interaction indicated I was either a hero or a bad guy on the various missions. But the gameplay seemed identical (shocking generic baddies in orange hoodies).

I liked the demo. It's not a release date purchase for me. But I'll pick this up when it hits the $30-$40 range.
Old 05-21-09, 11:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

just played the demo and thought it was very fun
I think I'll be picking this up and getting rid of GTAIV
Old 05-22-09, 12:21 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 443 Likes on 310 Posts

I think I'll skip the demo... since I have the actual game sitting next to my PS3.

Won't be able to fire it up 'till Friday though, but it is a 3-day weekend!
Old 05-22-09, 02:09 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,170 Likes on 4,200 Posts

WOW!!! That is some demo. Really fun, but pretty easy to get killed even on Easy. I really liked Crackdown, but this is so much more fun than that game. Graphically, it looks really good despite tons of pop-in. Of course I already preordered this game from Amazon, but now I'm even happier that I did.
Old 05-22-09, 08:42 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Gdrlv
I got the download passcode from the Best Buy presale. It took less than 20 minutes to download. I've noticed over the past few months, that my PS3 download times have gotten way faster.
That's because Sony has officially lost the console war this generation, so everyone's jumping ship!!!1

Old 05-22-09, 10:31 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Lucky. It took all evening to download it. Hope to get to play it tonight.
Old 05-22-09, 11:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I downloaded it while watching the NBA game last night, so I have no idea how long it took.

I thought the demo was pretty awesome and will definitely get this game down the road a bit.* Both this game and Prototype seem right up my alley...plus Uncharted 2 is just down the road. It's gonna be a good year!

*looks at shelf with Bioshock, Valkyria Chronicles, Dead Space and Lego Indy waiting to be played.
Old 05-22-09, 11:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by musick
just played the demo and thought it was very fun
I think I'll be picking this up and getting rid of GTAIV
I've been thinking about this myself while playing Burnout Paradise.
Old 05-22-09, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by slop101
I think I'll skip the demo... since I have the actual game sitting next to my PS3.

Won't be able to fire it up 'till Friday though, but it is a 3-day weekend!
I bow at your feet on this one! I've been playing the demo since last night and this might be my fave game of the year to date.
Old 05-22-09, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by chess
I downloaded it while watching the NBA game last night, so I have no idea how long it took.

I thought the demo was pretty awesome and will definitely get this game down the road a bit.* Both this game and Prototype seem right up my alley...plus Uncharted 2 is just down the road. It's gonna be a good year!

*looks at shelf with Bioshock, Valkyria Chronicles, Dead Space and Lego Indy waiting to be played.
I know how you feel. I have a backlog of games that's just distgusting.
Old 05-22-09, 01:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 201 Likes on 134 Posts

Just got the demo today. Have to say while it was fun, I could see this one getting really repetitive and boring like Assassin's Creed. I was expecting more, so I think this will not be a day one purchase anymore so I can get to more of my unplayed games.

I'll probably pick it up if and when it gets to $40.
Old 05-22-09, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah. I hate to add to my unplayed pile, but this one might just be moved to the front of the line... well, behind Warhawk anyway. Nevermind the games I've barely begun. So sorry Fallout 3.
Old 05-22-09, 02:12 PM

I just got this game and love the opening! Can't wait to hear some more impressions on the game. You can expect mine later.
Old 05-22-09, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by bunkaroo
Just got the demo today. Have to say while it was fun, I could see this one getting really repetitive and boring like Assassin's Creed.
The demo missions alone were more varied and interesting than those of Crackdown (Assassinate this henchman, Now assassinate this henchman, Then assassinate the Boss). Not that Crackdown wasn't fun -- it was and I finished it, but this does seem to have more depth than that one. Can't comment on Assassin's Creed since I haven't played that one.
Old 05-22-09, 02:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm playring Valkyria Chronicles right now. Excellent game but quite time consuming. Bioshock and Bionic Commando are waiting on the shelf.
Old 05-22-09, 06:48 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

demo took ~15 minutes for download (including a system update to 2.76).
Old 05-24-09, 12:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

OK, it's official. I f'ing love this demo...almost to the point of paying full retail!*

I liked the variety of the missions, and the better I get at the controls, the more I feel like an absolute badass. Sliding across a power line, zapping a dude without even slowing down, jumping off the roof to slam down to the ground, tossing grenades everywhere, climb the next building and do something even more ridiculous. My only fear is that the game will get too easy when I have it mastered...sort of like when you learned the brutal combo in Uncharted.

I also really dug what I've seen of the city so far. It feels alive (ironically) in a way few open world games really seem to get.

The only thing I'm really on the fence about is the lead character, who doesn't seem to have anywhere near the charm of a Nathan Drake.

If Prototype is really better than this, or even as good, we're in for a great Summer.

* OK, that would never really happen. I'm just saying.
Old 05-24-09, 12:09 PM

Just love messing around with the demo. Love jumping into fountains to electrocute the bums washing themselves in the water. I'll get my copy on Tuesday from Amazon, but I have to wonder the logic of shipping it in this fashion. Check out my item tracking info:

Order #: 002-XXXXXXXXXXX
Shipment Date: May 23, 2009
Destination: LAS VEGAS, NV, US
Estimated Arrival: May 26, 2009

Track your package
Date Time Location Event Details
May 24, 2009 08:22:00 AM LOUISVILLE KY US Arrival Scan
May 24, 2009 01:11:00 AM OAKLAND CA US Departure Scan
May 23, 2009 09:30:00 PM OAKLAND CA US Arrival Scan
May 23, 2009 05:05:00 PM SPARKS NV US Departure Scan
May 23, 2009 04:20:00 PM SPARKS NV US Shipment received by carrier
May 23, 2009 02:57:45 PM Fernley NV US Shipment has left seller facility and is in transit
So they're sending it from Sparks, NV to Louisville, KY to send it back to Las Vegas, NV. I'm sure there's a logical reason for that, but I sure don't know what it is.
Old 05-24-09, 12:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Decker
So they're sending it from Sparks, NV to Louisville, KY to send it back to Las Vegas, NV. I'm sure there's a logical reason for that, but I sure don't know what it is.
Is it shipping FedEx? I know they have a distribution center in Louisville.

I forgot to mention, that I'm also really interested in seeing how well the Karma system is integrated, which could ultimately make or break the game. Based on podcasts I've heard, the moral decisions are straightforward, but your choices have real impact on the world around you, which gets me a bit excited.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.