Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Official LittleBigPlanet Thread Part 2 : LittlerLater

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-08, 03:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Make like a tree and GET THE FOOK OUT.

In all seriousness, I'm stuck on 'The Bunker'. I'm to the point where I'm going to throw a controller on that fucking wheel at the end.

= J
Old 11-28-08, 04:45 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Next level I'm building is based on another old classic - Adventure via the Atari 2600! I'm changing it up a bit, but the theme will be the same - go get the enchanted challis, avoid or slay dragons and collect treasure!

I went "old school" in designing this old school game - graph paper! I mapped out what the entire level may look like, and now it'll be up to me to implement it. Look for it in a month or so - maybe it'll be everyone's holiday gift!
Old 12-01-08, 10:53 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I took a step back for a few days, but only because I got a good deal on Guitar Hero World Tour on Black Friday, so I was playing that over the weekend rather than LBP. I'll get back on my level soon though.
Old 12-01-08, 11:44 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I have made significant progress on Adventure - it has a fully functional castle, and the "Dark Tower" has been created, including catacombs! Now it's just up to planning the hazards and designing a few more game elements and it'll be done soon! The level's name right now is Atari Adventure Tribute, but I may have to change it so it doesn't get yanked.
Old 12-01-08, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Any help on the second set of spinning wheels during "Sensei's Lost Castle"?

I've tried it numerous times without success and I'm about ready to give up.
Old 12-01-08, 02:36 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Chew...

Those things are a MAJOR pain! It's all about timing - I wish I could help you out more!
Old 12-01-08, 06:06 PM

Has anyone gotten the "Play" Trophy?
Complete all story levels without dying, with the exception of those levels that only end when you die
So far, this is my "no death's" list...
The Gardens - By "The King"
The Savannah - By "Zola"
The Wedding - By "Frida"
The Canyons - By "Tabasco"
Metropolis - By "Mags"
The Islands - By "Sensei"

I just started working on more, this is done so far...
The Temples - By "Magician"
Chapter 1 - The Dancers' Court

Some of these have been a PITA... don't know HOW I'm going to do the later stages... they were TOUGH.
Old 12-01-08, 06:08 PM

Does anyone have any "cool" or "unusual" costumes?

I have one of the Joker... pretty neat... would like to see more creative ideas...

Your own creations or links to other's on the net would be sweet.
Old 12-01-08, 06:10 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I made the Fantastic Four's costumes a little while ago - the Thing was the most fun!
Old 12-01-08, 08:28 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
The only thing I can suggest is make your own really, really hard level if you're stuck in the current levels. The 40-hours of constant play testing my level means I've suddenly gotten a lot better (i.e. now mediocre as opposed to awful). I'm working on no-deaths in the Asian stages, that's all that's left.

A friend of mine has borrowed my PS3, so I won't be on it for a few days at least.
Old 12-01-08, 11:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Finally got through the game. Now to work on the levels without dying.

= J
Old 12-02-08, 08:55 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Saw on PS3Fanboy that Play-asia has some (apparently) official sackboy plush dolls.

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-19-71-...ackboy%22.html

Btw, I think they look like crap.
Old 12-02-08, 11:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,081 Likes on 656 Posts
Will someone explain the stickers to me? I saw that a couple of levels use a horse sticker to get a statue to work but other than decorating your bedroom, what are they for?
Old 12-02-08, 12:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

So this marketplace for the game, is there a way to buy a gift card for it for a relative who has the game? Is it possible to rent a console and the game in order to create a level and give it as a gift? I'm trying to come up with a unique gift here for a dude with the game.
Old 12-02-08, 12:43 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by PrincessT
So this marketplace for the game, is there a way to buy a gift card for it for a relative who has the game? Is it possible to rent a console and the game in order to create a level and give it as a gift? I'm trying to come up with a unique gift here for a dude with the game.
You can buy the relative a PSN gift card and he can use it for LBP costumers or something better (PixelJunk Monsters, PixelJunk Eden, etc).

You could also rent/borrow a console, rent/borrow the game, create a (free) PSN account, then make and publish a level. It's easy to make a level, but it is sometimes frustrating and pretty complex to make one that plays well and looks great. If you're going for the latter, figure at least 3-4 hours to get a hang of and understand the game / editor, and at least another 6 hours to actually make the level, and that's something that he will play & finish in 2 minutes.

There are some "pre-made" levels, to which you could add a few touches. For example, get a PS Eye camera, take a picture of yourself, add it to the level as a sticker. The pre-made levels have all the terrain already made, you just need to add decorations, contraptions, etc. You'd still need to play the game and learn the editor, but it could easy cut down "finishing" the level to just several hours.

FYI, I spent close to 40 hours, including learning and playtesting, on my first level.
Old 12-02-08, 01:54 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by brianluvdvd
Will someone explain the stickers to me? I saw that a couple of levels use a horse sticker to get a statue to work but other than decorating your bedroom, what are they for?
They're really for decoration, but I use the solid colored patches to paint materials to give them a simpler palate. In my amusement park, I sed a blue sticker to "paint" the balloon basket sky blue.
Old 12-02-08, 06:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by The Bus
You can buy the relative a PSN gift card and he can use it for LBP costumers or something better (PixelJunk Monsters, PixelJunk Eden, etc).

You could also rent/borrow a console, rent/borrow the game, create a (free) PSN account, then make and publish a level. It's easy to make a level, but it is sometimes frustrating and pretty complex to make one that plays well and looks great. If you're going for the latter, figure at least 3-4 hours to get a hang of and understand the game / editor, and at least another 6 hours to actually make the level, and that's something that he will play & finish in 2 minutes.

There are some "pre-made" levels, to which you could add a few touches. For example, get a PS Eye camera, take a picture of yourself, add it to the level as a sticker. The pre-made levels have all the terrain already made, you just need to add decorations, contraptions, etc. You'd still need to play the game and learn the editor, but it could easy cut down "finishing" the level to just several hours.

FYI, I spent close to 40 hours, including learning and playtesting, on my first level.
Thanks Bus, I think the PSN card at this point is probably going to be our best bet. We have a lot of things to do around the house before he comes to visit in 10 days--that's when we're doing the gift exchange.

Wish we had a PS3, this game sounds really fun!
Old 12-02-08, 08:37 PM

I've searched and searched...

Where the HECK do you get the little Sackboy doll that your character can hold in his hand????
Old 12-02-08, 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by chrisfelice
I've searched and searched...

Where the HECK do you get the little Sackboy doll that your character can hold in his hand????
Nevermind... found it...

The Temples - By "Magician"
Chapter 2 - Elephant Temple

2 Player prize...
Old 12-02-08, 10:02 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'm literally dying to get the Sackzilla head! I almost made it yesterday and got killed right at the end of the third Mags level! I've got the tail at least! I also want to go back and get the cowboy suit too! If you haven't gotten it yet, the little hand puppet is very cute!
Old 12-02-08, 11:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Just finished my entry for the LBP contest. It's a sort of Rube Goldberg machine. Not my best work, but the winners are determined by the number of hearts received by 11:59 PM on 12/9, so I figured I'd better publish it ASAP even if I'm not 100% happy with it.
Old 12-03-08, 11:11 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Excellent - what's it called?
Old 12-03-08, 11:53 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I had to go by their naming convention, so it's called "LBC1 - Chain Reaction Celebration!" I'd like to revisit the Rube Goldberg machine idea later when I have less of a time constraint...and more free time...and less games to play.
Old 12-03-08, 12:08 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I dig daddio! I'm finishing up my Adventure level soon - the structures are complete, just need to build the dragons and tweak the hazards,
Old 12-03-08, 12:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Adventure was one of the first video games I ever played, so it's got a special place in my heart. The duck dragons always scared me back then, and I thought that the glowing, color-cycling chalice was the coolest thing.

I'm eager to see what your level is like. You and The Bus are making some cool stuff, but I hope that more people get into level creation in the coming months. I sort of expected more DVDTalkers to be making stuff.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.