Official LittleBigPlanet Thread Part 2 : LittlerLater

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Official LittleBigPlanet Thread Part 2 : LittlerLater

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-08, 12:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i REALLY want this game, but cant afford $500 right now for a ps3 and LBP. it would be my MAIN reason for buying a PS3. I already have a Wii, HTPC, and Bluray
Old 12-03-08, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by UncleGramps
Adventure was one of the first video games I ever played, so it's got a special place in my heart. The duck dragons always scared me back then, and I thought that the glowing, color-cycling chalice was the coolest thing.

I'm eager to see what your level is like. You and The Bus are making some cool stuff, but I hope that more people get into level creation in the coming months. I sort of expected more DVDTalkers to be making stuff.
My dragons are EXACTLY the same! I used the grid and graph paper to make a "bitmapped" dragon - I'm going to add an arm in the same style. The chalice is "bitmapped" as well and will have to be "delivered" back to the castle to complete the level! I created a catacomb to mimic the mazes in the original and of course added new stuff for a challenge.
Old 12-03-08, 01:53 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by AndyCleveland
i REALLY want this game, but cant afford $500 right now for a ps3 and LBP. it would be my MAIN reason for buying a PS3. I already have a Wii, HTPC, and Bluray
Sell the Wii and the BD player.
Old 12-03-08, 09:02 PM

Anyone have a tip on how to pass the spinning wheel of death without dying????

The Wilderness - By "The Collector"
Chapter 2 - The Bunker

I can't seem to get past the "last" outer ring without getting fried... one of my friends said he ran on the ceiling and passed it... I can't seem to figure out how he did it...
Any one with any suggestions?
Old 12-03-08, 10:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by chrisfelice
Anyone have a tip on how to pass the spinning wheel of death without dying????

The Wilderness - By "The Collector"
Chapter 2 - The Bunker

I can't seem to get past the "last" outer ring without getting fried... one of my friends said he ran on the ceiling and passed it... I can't seem to figure out how he did it...
Any one with any suggestions?

Don't forget that you can grab some of the surfaces. Once I remembered that it made it a little less frustrating. Not easier...just less frustrating since I didn't die as much.

(I hope I am remembering the right wheel)
Old 12-03-08, 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by The Bus
Sell the Wii and the BD player.
for this one game? nahh... BD player is part of my HTPC anyways so that wouldnt be worth it. the wii is just an ok system in my eyes (Mario Galaxy is the shit) but all my friends and family just LOVE coming over to play average games like Smarty Pants, Wii Sports, Monopoly, Rock Band, TV Show King, as well as all the old SNES/NES/Genesis/Turbo emulators. that's my main reason I wont sell it off.

if the ps3 hits the price point that xbox360 is currently at (199-299) i would jump on this because i am seriously in love with Little Big Planet and i havent even played it.
Old 12-03-08, 11:14 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

for this one game? nahh... BD player is part of my HTPC anyways so that wouldnt be worth it. the wii is just an ok system in my eyes (Mario Galaxy is the shit) but all my friends and family just LOVE coming over to play average games like Smarty Pants, Wii Sports, Monopoly, Rock Band, TV Show King, as well as all the old SNES/NES/Genesis/Turbo emulators. that's my main reason I wont sell it off.

if the ps3 hits the price point that xbox360 is currently at (199-299) i would jump on this because i am seriously in love with Little Big Planet and i havent even played it.
That's great news then! You can get the PS3 80GB version from buy.com for $300 (only $1 out of your range, but c'mon... it's just a buck. Can't spend that on those double cheeseburgers anymore.)

Live.com cashback, ebay, buy.com, paypal.

Welcome to the club.

and you've just been double-dog dared.
Old 12-04-08, 04:33 AM

Originally Posted by HotThang
Don't forget that you can grab some of the surfaces. Once I remembered that it made it a little less frustrating. Not easier...just less frustrating since I didn't die as much.

(I hope I am remembering the right wheel)
Yeah... I can get all the way to the outer wheel each and every time without dying... in fact, I DO run on the ceiling's of the 1st and 2nd ring to pass up all the electricity... it's that third outer ring that is kicking my little sack-ass.

And passing it isn't the problem... it's ACE'ING it... no deaths is a PITA on this level!
Old 12-04-08, 05:35 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm eager to see what your level is like. You and The Bus are making some cool stuff, but I hope that more people get into level creation in the coming months. I sort of expected more DVDTalkers to be making stuff.
I'm working on my firs level. It's based on Washington, DC. :-) I have most of the monuments done
(Washington, Lincoln, reflecting pool) and Cherry Blossom trees. I just need to finish the enemies and add some gaps and platforms. Hope to have it done soon. :-)
Old 12-04-08, 07:45 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Nice! This game seems like it will have a really long lifespan, so hopefully we'll see more people picking it up and jumping into level creation over the next year.
Old 12-04-08, 10:11 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Yep! Hey Unkie, did ya get my "gift" the other day?
Old 12-04-08, 11:11 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Nope. Where would I go to see it? I didn't even know you could gift things in LBP.
Old 12-04-08, 11:20 AM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

You can gift things? What can you gift? It would be nice if you could gift costume pieces.. But that would take away from completing the game on your own to get the special rewards.
Old 12-04-08, 11:45 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I sent UncleGramps a custom object I built. You have to use the game's interface to find it. Look for me on your friend list and it should show that I shared something with you. It's kinda kludgey the way it works, but it's there!
Old 12-04-08, 11:49 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by HotThang
I'm working on my firs level. It's based on Washington, DC. :-) I have most of the monuments done
(Washington, Lincoln, reflecting pool) and Cherry Blossom trees. I just need to finish the enemies and add some gaps and platforms. Hope to have it done soon. :-)
Looking forward to it - let us know when it's done!
Old 12-04-08, 11:49 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Nope. Where would I go to see it? I didn't even know you could gift things in LBP.
BTW, I played your tribute level and I like the mechanics of it!
Old 12-04-08, 12:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by RockyMtnBri
BTW, I played your tribute level and I like the mechanics of it!
Thanks! I think it's a promising concept and it's something I'd like to play with some more. It would be really cool to have the player interact with the chain reaction instead of just following it, though that could be a logistical nightmare when it comes to things like resetting the world if the player messes up.

I'll check out your gift when I get home.
Old 12-04-08, 12:40 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

One hint - don't be scared of the "duck!"
Old 12-04-08, 01:57 PM

You can use the 25% Live.com rebate to buy a PS3 on eBay (that's what I did, including a stackable 10% coupon as well) or Sony is offering $150 credit towards a 80GB PS3 if you get the Playstation Visa.
Old 12-04-08, 04:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 445 Likes on 312 Posts
So, is there another way to search for levels besides the useless word search?

Can you search by star-rating?

I swear, I'm only seen the same handful of levels over and over again - I thought there'd be way more than 7 pages of levels.
Old 12-04-08, 05:16 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
It would be nice if you could search "This Week's Cool Levels" "This Month's Cool Levels" and "All Time Cool Levels"...
Old 12-05-08, 12:37 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 445 Likes on 312 Posts
But how do they decide what's cool? And are there levels that aren't "cool" - I swear, I'm seeing the same shitty levels over and over again.
Old 12-05-08, 06:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Chew
Any help on the second set of spinning wheels during "Sensei's Lost Castle"?

I've tried it numerous times without success and I'm about ready to give up.
I still cannot get past this part!
Old 12-05-08, 07:25 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by Chew
I still cannot get past this part!
That was a hard level. My girlfriend got pissed at me, because I intentionally let her die by going ahead so we could get past the spinning wheel parts.

Is the 2nd part the one with the claws? The key is always to release from the wheel on the way up - earlier than you think.
Old 12-05-08, 07:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by redbill
Is the 2nd part the one with the claws? The key is always to release from the wheel on the way up - earlier than you think.
The 2nd set has the wheels spinning and moving. If there's claws, I haven't gotten that high yet.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.