Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Guitar Hero World Tour - the one & only thread.

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Guitar Hero World Tour - the one & only thread.

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-08, 08:18 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Isn't that what closets are for? The GH drums supposedly fold up for storage.
Old 10-09-08, 08:20 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 316 Likes on 216 Posts
Originally Posted by abrg923
Seriously...you're an adult. You can make decisions without permission from your wife.

Sorry, no offense meant, but that is my #1 pet peeve...people who think their spouse has to "let them" do something. Ugh...both people have equal say in marriage.
Well the wording was intended to be a bit humorous. But, my wife and I always discuss purchases over $100 beforehand, which was a policy I instituted actually. It's called communication and is an essential element of a healthy marriage. Marriages where both parties just do what they want without considering their spouse don't last very long.

And frankly, it's not the price I expect to be an issue. It's the extra plastic instruments sitting in our apartment.
Old 10-09-08, 08:21 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 316 Likes on 216 Posts
Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
In our case, our current apartment has one closet, which is about 3 square feet. Needless to say, it's already full.
Old 10-09-08, 08:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah, and the garage.

But for people that live in apartments and/or have kids space is really a problem.
Old 10-09-08, 08:36 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Raul3
Yeah, and the garage.

But for people that live in apartments and/or have kids space is really a problem.
I hear houses are going cheap these days.
Old 10-09-08, 08:38 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I hear houses are going cheap these days.
I heard adjustable rate mortgages are the way to go. You can buy way more house than you might otherwise be able to afford!
Old 10-09-08, 08:43 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by xmiyux
I heard adjustable rate mortgages are the way to go. You can buy way more house than you might otherwise be able to afford!
Not only that, but you can have more money now for monthly video game splurges!
Old 10-09-08, 08:58 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Old 10-09-08, 09:05 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Community Countdown - Day 9: Easier than Easy? Possible?

Community Countdown - Day 9: Easier than Easy? Possible? - Guitar Hero: World Tour will sport a new difficulty that is easier than easy. This mode will be known as Rhythm mode where you do not have to strum any of the notes. All you have to do is make sure you are pressing the right frets. I know there are a lot of expert players, but I am sure you can appreciate this mode for beginners. When you first played Gutiar Hero do you think this mode would have helped you more in becoming the player you are now?
With so many people exposed to playing GH at this point is this even necessary?
Old 10-09-08, 09:33 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by xmiyux
And putting zero down so you can pay more PMI is the way to go, don't forget that one.
Old 10-09-08, 09:36 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Kelkee
With so many people exposed to playing GH at this point is this even necessary?
It's absolutely necessary! Not as much for the GH players, but for the family and friends those players are going to finally be able to share this with.

No Fail in RB2 is a resounding success.

There was nothing worse than failing a song and killing a party just because someone can drum or work the guitar properly.
Old 10-09-08, 09:53 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by pinata242
It's absolutely necessary! Not as much for the GH players, but for the family and friends those players are going to finally be able to share this with.

There was nothing worse than failing a song and killing a party just because someone can drum or work the guitar properly.
They still have to press the right fret apparently so cant they still fail?
Old 10-09-08, 09:56 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I didn't say it was the same, but it's definitely a step in the right direction.
Old 10-09-08, 10:10 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I thought there was talk about a kid friendly mode where as long as they pressed ANY fret it counted. This says you have to press the correct fret w/o strumming.

So in No Fail you can just stand there with the guitar hanging around your neck?
Old 10-09-08, 10:14 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

What he said.

Still a large segment that wants to play the game but doesn't "get it" yet. This option will come in handy.
Old 10-09-08, 10:20 AM
DVD Talk Hero

So in No Fail you can just stand there with the guitar hanging around your neck?
Yup. You'll still go red and get boos, you just won't get kicked off stage or whatever.
Old 10-09-08, 10:32 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Still think there should be a party mode on these games just for that reason.

So every one at your party can see how they did that night and have competitions and such, round robin, or king of the hill type play style and matching. Have the game make auto matches and such for every one in party mode.

Lots of potential lost by not including this.
Old 10-09-08, 11:41 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Launch Week DLC

http://investor.activision.com/relea...leaseID=339375

SANTA MONICA, Calif., Oct 09, 2008 /PRNewswire-FirstCall via COMTEX News Network/ -- With music ranging from one of the first and most influential alternative rock bands, R.E.M., to the timeless GRAMMY(R) award-winning rock anthem "Jessie's Girl" by Rick Springfield, Activision Publishing, Inc. (Nasdaq: ATVI) today announced a rich and diverse lineup of launch week downloadable content for the highly-anticipated Guitar Hero(R) World Tour. Available exclusively on Xbox LIVE(R) Marketplace for the Xbox 360(R) video game and entertainment system from Microsoft for two weeks starting October 30, the R.E.M. Track Pack features three songs, which can also be downloaded as singles, from the band's newest album, Accelerate, "Horse to Water," "Man-Sized Wreath" and "Supernatural Superserious."

Available at the launch of Guitar Hero World Tour is the Classic Rock Track Pack that offers fans three rocking party anthems "Rock and Roll Band" by Boston, "Hot Blooded" by Foreigner and "Jessie's Girl" by Rick Springfield, also available for download individually.

Created specifically for Guitar Hero World Tour, the Guitar Duels, original compositions by Ted Nugent and Zakk Wylde, will be available for free at launch to download and play outside of the Career.

The 1990's era-defining "No Rain" by alternative rock group Blind Melon will be available as downloadable content during the launch week of Guitar Hero World Tour. The breakthrough single off the band's quadruple platinum, self-titled album reached No. 1 on the U.S. Mainstream Rock and U.S. Modern Rock charts and firmly planted the group in 1990s pop culture.

Fans who have been shredding to Metallica's critically acclaimed Death Magnetic on Guitar Hero(R) III: Legends of Rock since its day-and-date release with the album need not purchase the album again as it is forward compatible and will integrate seamlessly with Guitar Hero World Tour. The Death Magnetic downloadable album, compatible with both Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock and Guitar Hero World Tour, will continue to be available for download on Xbox LIVE Marketplace for Xbox 360 and in the PLAYSTATION(R)Store for the PLAYSTATION(R)3 computer entertainment.

The R.E.M Track Pack, Classic Rock Track Pack and "No Rain" single will be available for download on Xbox LIVE Marketplace for Xbox 360 and in the PLAYSTATION(R)Store for the PLAYSTATION(R)3 computer entertainment.
Yay! DLC!

BOOOOOOOOOO...no mention of Wii availablity at all.
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Launch DLC details (from http://arstechnica.com/journals/thum...h-dlc-detailed)

The Classic Rock Track Pack features Boston's "Rock and Roll Band"; Rick Springfield's "Jessie's Girl"; and Foreigner's "Hot Blooded." Blind Melon's "No Rain" will also be available as a single download.

Xbox 360 owners will also get a timed exclusive track pack during launch, featuring a trio of R.E.M songs. These songs include "Horse To Water," Man-Sized Wreath," and "Supernatural Superserious," all from the band's latest album.

In addition to the various track packs, a pair of Guitar Duels—original compositions by Ted Nugent and Zakk Wylde—will be available as free downloads when the game is released. Activision also announced that those who downloaded Metallica's "Death Magnetic" album in Guitar Hero III will not have to re-buy the album for the new version of the game. That would make it the only piece of GHIII DLC that is forward compatible.
I hope you can buy individual songs from the packs. I already have "Rock and Roll Band" on RB, but I'd like "Jessie's Girl" and "Hot Blooded". to "No Rain". I've been wanting that in Rock Band for a while.

Edit: Beaten to the punch by Kelkee! From his post:

Available at the launch of Guitar Hero World Tour is the Classic Rock Track Pack that offers fans three rocking party anthems "Rock and Roll Band" by Boston, "Hot Blooded" by Foreigner and "Jessie's Girl" by Rick Springfield, also available for download individually.
Nice.
DVD Talk Hero

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuucccccccckkkkkkkkkkkk!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-09-08, 11:45 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuucccccccckkkkkkkkkkkk!!!!!!!!!!!
.... is that out of joy or frustration?
Old 10-09-08, 11:46 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 103 Likes on 72 Posts
The inclusion of The One I Love on the disc kinda had me hoping for older R.E.M. I'll still pick up the other three, but I'd love more I.R.S. or early Warner era tracks.
Old 10-09-08, 11:46 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by UncleGramps
Edit: Beaten to the punch by Kelkee! From his post:
Sorry, Uncle. Click faster next time!
Old 10-09-08, 11:47 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I would love to be able to play Swan Swan H by REM.

No Rain though will be great!
Old 10-09-08, 11:49 AM
DVD Talk Hero

.... is that out of joy or frustration?
Both. I love all 4 of those songs, but I don't want to get into a "this game has these songs and that game has those songs" divide when I'm trying to enjoy with friends. I want as much as possible to be under one flagship.

I'm not going to want to switch from RB to GH when our setlist goes from Bad to the Bone to No Rain and then back for Any Way You Want It and back for Hot Blooded.

I'm not liking the way things are shaping up, but I'm not holding it against either party either.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.