Reload this Page >

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

Old 01-26-09, 04:55 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Re: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

If memory serves me well right before you engage the emperor you can decide to kill Vadar and give in to the darkside. You kind of have to take a different path to Vadar to get this options. If you stay on course you won't see it.
Old 01-26-09, 06:56 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts

on both things you are talking about Robo.

1. I thought the same thing about multiple endings. I didn't get a choice either and got the 'Light' ending as well. Well when you get to that part, you can jump off the platform to where Vader fell before running into fight the Emperor. That's how you get the 'Dark side' ending.

2. "Flurry Challenge" was the same exact one that gave me problems and coincidentally the last one I needed to complete myself. What I did was ignore the directions about waiting to see the lightsaber glow because it was just throwing me off. Instead I just did a steady X (pause) X (pause) X. Keeping a steady rhythm and the combo going.

As for Achievements go, I only have three left, 500 grabs, 100 aerials, and Sith Master. I think I'm close on the grabs but I'm not sure if I'll get the other two.
Old 01-26-09, 09:14 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,793 Likes on 1,121 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
on both things you are talking about Robo.

1. I thought the same thing about multiple endings. I didn't get a choice either and got the 'Light' ending as well. Well when you get to that part, you can jump off the platform to where Vader fell before running into fight the Emperor. That's how you get the 'Dark side' ending.

2. "Flurry Challenge" was the same exact one that gave me problems and coincidentally the last one I needed to complete myself. What I did was ignore the directions about waiting to see the lightsaber glow because it was just throwing me off. Instead I just did a steady X (pause) X (pause) X. Keeping a steady rhythm and the combo going.

As for Achievements go, I only have three left, 500 grabs, 100 aerials, and Sith Master. I think I'm close on the grabs but I'm not sure if I'll get the other two.
1. Oh ok, I remember now. It was just natural to run towards the action.

2. Yeah that's the move I've been using but I think I'm too far away and I end up hit with a standard hit.
Old 03-14-09, 08:47 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rob V
Pulling down the Star Destroyer almost made me quit this game. At one point I had spent about 45 minutes just trying to center the GD thing before starting to pull it down... no sooner do I have it centered and here comes another wave of TIES.

The controls for this game are frustrating and I'd much prefer that your lightsaber is able to chop most things in half instantly (It's a lightsaber for crissakes.)... to make up for the challenge they could have just thrown more enemies out there.

I agree, I never been that frusrtrated with a game before, that was the worst thin in a game in some time, it took me an hour to get this. why did they design it to have those ties coming in like that. if you miss a tie they go so slow around the bend and half the time the lighting wouldnt target them as they went buy, etc. I hated that part of the game soo badly.

The game starts off well, but its so frustrating sometimes, the combat doesnt do well with many guys attacking you. the powers never made me feel like a bad ass. I rented this game from gamefly and I am glad I didnt buy it, its one of the most frustrating games I have ever played
Old 03-16-09, 07:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 380 Likes on 306 Posts

^^^ That's the main reason I never kept the game or attempted to d/l the new character skins or levels. It was just one big hot mess of frustration.
Old 04-13-09, 11:22 PM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts

So I'm playing through the Kashyyk level and I come across what must be the greatest easter egg in the history of video games:

Spoiler:
One of the trophies in the trophy room is Jar Jar Binks, encased in a block of carbonite.
Old 07-19-09, 10:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

XBLM Deal of the Week for 7/20: The Force Unleashed: Jedi Temple Mission Pack - 400 (50% off)

I'll be getting this when it's live, even though I haven't even started the game yet
Old 07-20-09, 02:19 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Wow, I bought this game at the right time. 50% off old DLC and new DLC on the way.
Old 07-20-09, 07:19 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

What new DLC is coming for this?
Old 07-20-09, 08:01 AM
Mok

Cool great deal of the week I was waiting on this one.
Old 07-20-09, 08:17 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

any sale on the PS3 DLC?

I'm enjoying this game... I like being a badass... but damnit if he doesn't jump like a spastic epileptic on crack... makes the platforming aspects of the game quite annoying.
Old 07-20-09, 09:01 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 622 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by JasonF
So I'm playing through the Kashyyk level and I come across what must be the greatest easter egg in the history of video games:

Spoiler:
One of the trophies in the trophy room is Jar Jar Binks, encased in a block of carbonite.
So that's what happened to that annoying bastard.
Old 07-20-09, 09:06 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by buckee1
What new DLC is coming for this?
It hasn't been officially announced yet (probably at Comic-Con), but the achievements have leaked:

Spoiler:

And The Quarterback is Toast 30
Defeat Boba Fett

Skywalker Style 15
Meet Jabba and defeat his pet using the pit gate

No More Lies, Old Man 50
Defeat Obi-Wan, before and after he becomes more powerful than you can possibly imagine

Hot Bot 15
Use the hot irons three times on the Gonk Power Droid

Jawa Juicer 15
Crush 5 Jawas by using the grinder in the Garbage Processing Room
Old 07-20-09, 09:49 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,169 Likes on 4,199 Posts

Originally Posted by TallGuyMe
any sale on the PS3 DLC?
I've never seen any DLC on the PS3 for sale except for Warhawk. I'm bummed since that's the version I bought as well.
Old 07-20-09, 03:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think I might be in for this. Never bought the game, and was planning on borrowing it from a friend in the next few weeks, anyway. Yeah, I'll pay five bucks for it, I guess--for the achievements, if nothing else.
Old 07-20-09, 05:26 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts

I'm down for the DLC for $5. I just wish it let you keep your maxed out Apprentice.
Old 07-22-09, 10:58 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 443 Likes on 310 Posts

I looked for the $5 DLC the other day, and it was still at 800pts.
Old 07-22-09, 11:03 AM
Mok

Yeah I know I just checked the Market Place and it is listed for 800pts.

oops I forgot the deal is only for gold members. I already purchased it on my gold account for 400pts, but under my sliver account it does come up as 800pts.

Last edited by Mok; 07-22-09 at 11:08 AM.
Old 07-22-09, 11:19 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 443 Likes on 310 Posts

Ah, I am a silver member right now. Time for a quick upgrade then - I have a bunch of gold membership cards lying around - I guess I'll use one of them now.
Old 07-22-09, 02:25 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I am a gold member and it was 400 pts for me last night when I checked.
Old 07-24-09, 12:57 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Here's the PR for the new DLC (and new retail uber-edition) that, apparently, was supposed to be under embargo until Sunday.

LONDON, UK– 24th July, 2009 - LucasArts today announced that their hit videogame Star Wars: The Force Unleashed will see further expansion this Fall through a new downloadable level for the Xbox 360â video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and the PLAYSTATIONâ3 computer entertainment system. In addition, the company also announced Star Wars The Force Unleashed: Ultimate Sith Edition, a special new version of the game for the Xbox 360 and PLAYSTATION 3, that will show gamers the deepest, darkest side of the Force in a story that puts them on a collision course with Luke Skywalker himself. Available this holiday season at retail stores, The Ultimate Sith Edition will include all of the original missions found in Star Wars: The Force Unleashed as well as content previously only available via download and an all-new exclusive bonus level*.

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed completely re-imagines the scope and scale of the Force and casts players as Darth Vader’s “Secret Apprentice,” unveiling new revelations about the Star Wars galaxy seen through the eyes of a mysterious new character armed with unprecedented powers. Originally released in September 2008, the game quickly became the fastest-selling Star Wars game ever, and has since sold six million units worldwide.

About the Tatooine Downloadable Content for Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

Available this Fall via direct download from the Xbox LIVE® online entertainment network and the PlayStation®Network, this new downloadable mission continues the story of The Force Unleashed in a new “Infinities” storyline that takes the Star Wars Saga in an entirely new and unexpected direction.

The mission begins at the end of the story of The Force Unleashed and re-imagines the Star Wars Saga as if the Secret Apprentice had killed Darth Vader and taken his place at the Emperor’s side, becoming the most powerful Sith Lord in the universe. The story picks up as the Emperor sends his new apprentice to the planet Tatooine to dispatch Obi-Wan Kenobi — who has been hiding on the planet ever since the events of Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith. During their hunt for the reclusive Jedi, players will also explore the depths of Jabba the Hutt’s palace and encounter notorious bounty hunter Boba Fett.
Old 07-24-09, 01:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

That actually sounds sweet.
Old 07-24-09, 03:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It would be nice, although not likely, if they released a trophy patch for the PS3.
Old 07-24-09, 03:43 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

I'm glad I didn't get the DLC now. I'll probably sell my current copy and pick up the new edition later.
Old 07-24-09, 10:39 PM

More from Joystiq

LucasArts has announced that the "Ultimate Sith Edition" of Star Wars: The Force Unleashed will hit this fall on PS3, Xbox 360, PC and Mac, bringing with it two new levels in the Star Wars Infinity canon. One, set on Tatooine, will see Vader's apprentice hunting down and battling Obi-Wan Kenobi, making a stop at Jabba the Hutt's palace along the way. For the other, which takes place on Hoth, the apprentice has become the master, and -- wearing the Vader-esque armor seen above -- scraps with with Luke Skywalker himself.

The Hoth mission will be exclusive to the Ultimate Sith Edition of the game
; the Tatooine mission, however, will be offered as paid DLC on PS3 and 360 for owners of the less-than-ultimate original game. Additionally, the new edition will include all previously released DLC for The Force Unleashed on disc, including the Jedi Temple mission and various player skins.
Trailer:

<object classId="clsid<param name="movie" value="http://g4tv.com/lv3/40204" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><embed src="http://g4tv.com/lv3/40204" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" name="VideoPlayer" width="480" height="418" allowScriptAccess="always" allowFullScreen="true" /></object>

Last edited by Matt; 07-24-09 at 10:56 PM.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.