Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

The Eye of Judgment (PS3) — Who (else) is crazy enough to get this?

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The Eye of Judgment (PS3) — Who (else) is crazy enough to get this?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-08, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
That would be great. At one point I did have my cards in organized stacks then I tripped and knocked down all the stacks.
Old 03-13-08, 09:35 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I still think it's too much of an investment. It looks like it'd be fun, but I doubt I'd play it enough to get my money out of it, plus all of the cards I'd have to buy to keep it entertaining.
Old 03-14-08, 01:18 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I had my preordered copy ordered with 2 booster packs and the Blu-ray release of Juno. I figured I could wait on the game a bit. Then tonight I see my booster packs are getting ready to ship and the game wouldn't be here till next month. I went ahead and canceled Juno so I hope it ships soon.
Old 03-16-08, 04:30 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

For anyone who ordered this during the more recent Amazon sale the price at has dropped a few bucks. Be sure to e-mail them for your price adjustment.
Old 03-16-08, 10:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 234 Likes on 167 Posts
Thanks! $42 is an insane price. Do you -really- have to buy cards or are the ones that came with the game enough?
Old 03-17-08, 12:47 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by GatorDeb
Thanks! $42 is an insane price. Do you -really- have to buy cards or are the ones that came with the game enough?
It comes with 38 cards I believe. It should be enough to keep you busy for a bit. No reason to buy more unless you really get into the game.
Old 03-17-08, 02:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Does anyone want to get rid of their dupes at a discount?
Old 03-17-08, 05:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Well I ended up getting the 30-card common set for $5.50 shipped on eBay. I think I'll look for deals and build up a deck that way.
Old 03-17-08, 08:39 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

From what I read a while back you can download all the decks online and print them out for free. Just saying...
Old 03-17-08, 12:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
So what is the official word on using copied cards? Personally I'm against it when playing someone with bought cards. However, if someone wanted to have a copied card game I probably wouldn't be against it unless that was wrong. I would also be against it if there were no way to have separate copied cards from ones you actually bought. I don't have the game yet, so don't know how it works.
Old 03-17-08, 07:54 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

From what I've read on other forums, most online players have full copied decks. So if you are concerned about it you should play with friends who agree to only use original cards. Also it's fine if you're just playing locally.

I personally was pretty shocked when I heard they'd released the decks without an ounce of copy protection. I think it was one of the EOJ PR guys I heard interviewed on a podcast who was asked about the potential for card piracy prior to release. In hindsight I realise they dodged the question but at the time it sounded like they were saying (in not so many words) that they had already considered the problem and done something about it.
Old 03-18-08, 11:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Looks like it went back up to the regular price. Just got my copy from amazon so I don't care.
Old 03-19-08, 10:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

My cards came in today but still no game. I'm just lucky that I am off on Sunday and my one friend, who might actually be into this game, will be in town. If it isn't here by Saturday I will be very upset.
Old 03-26-08, 03:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Since my copy took FOREVER to show up I had my wife pick up the game locally the other day. My Amazon copy finally showed up so I am going to return it to the store later on.

I wouldn't of been so impatient but my wife picked me up some booster packs as an Easter present. So I ended having a stack of card and no game.

I haven't gotten to play much but had fun scanning my deck and playing a round or two.
Old 04-25-08, 11:33 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,937 Likes on 1,498 Posts
So for some reason I assumed that the software update needed to play with the 2nd set of cards would be free. 15 bucks? Granted, it's not that much money, but I already have to pay to get the new cards. If it's because they're not making money off the cards due to piracy, I suggest they fix that problem first. In addition, I've heard that the second set of cards is extremely unbalanced.
Old 04-25-08, 12:05 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Yeah, I learned my lesson after buying a bunch of card packs. I'm fine with what I have. While online play can't be done (since people have complete decks), I'm fine with random 2-player play.