Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

The Eye of Judgment (PS3) — Who (else) is crazy enough to get this?

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The Eye of Judgment (PS3) — Who (else) is crazy enough to get this?

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-07, 04:58 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Thanks, Bus!
Old 10-29-07, 02:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am loving this game. If you guys don't have me on your friends list, please add me, and if anyone has a link to card scans let me know.

I would also be up for trading some scans. I have the biolith, fire, and wood decks as well as about 15 boosters worth of cards, including the fire phantom.
Old 10-29-07, 08:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'd love a CCG style card game without the collectible part. Since you can scan cards this fits the bill. The whole lots of light and a table and camera is kind of a deal killer for me though with a projector at night and a toddler in the house in the day I'd love a CCG-style game without the stupid boosters; for an electronic online game I'd have preferred to skip the cards & camera part.

I might pick this up when it gets cheaper.
Old 10-29-07, 08:59 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
DamingR: I got one of the cards that's recommended for the Biolith decks. I guess it makes sense to scan the rares and super rares. Those would be the ones with the silver/shiny diamond or the gold shiny diamond. (On the art section, lower right, a diamond with a "1" on it). Commons are black, uncommons are silver (similar to how MtG is set up).

GM: At $70 it's pretty cheap considering it comes with the $40 camera.
Old 10-30-07, 06:55 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

GM: I am playing on a projector. You don't need THAT much light to make it work properly at all.

Bus, which Biolith do you have? How many rares do you have?
Old 10-30-07, 10:01 AM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

I need to play this more. I've only tried a few times against the computer with the starter deck and lost. Then once against Duster and the connection dropped for one of us in the middle of the game.
Old 10-30-07, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Scion, BIolith Lord
No. 087

Cost: 6 / 3
Health: 5
Attack: 2

Scion's Magic Attack targets all enemies of the same element as the target.
All other allied Biolitch creatures subtract 2 from their AC.

Ostensibly you get free attacks from your other Bioliths.

I'll add you DamingR. The PA Forums are having a big tournament on EOJ. I don't really read them but joined up just to play other people. To keep it fair the decks have to be standard + limited substitutions (for people that didn't get boosters, etc).
Old 10-30-07, 07:59 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

I picked up 8 boosters today when I returned the two preconstructed decks. I got some nice cards. A bunch that I already had. I ended up with three copies of wolf ninja.
Old 10-30-07, 11:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I picked this up today and just tried it out a little while ago. There's definitely a lot of info to absorb up front in terms of the rules and strategies, but it's a fun and very unique experience playing this game. I already have some of you on my friends list, but feel free to add me if you want - my ID is in my sig. I'm not at the point where I've put together any decks of my own (I just used the starter deck), but soon I should be ready to try out an online battle or two and hopefully learn a few things in the process.
Old 10-31-07, 04:20 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Today's PA is EoJ-centric:

You'll recall that I went in there to pre-order Eye of Judgment, fully prepared to take my part in their strange ritual, only to be told that the game "wasn't in their system" and "had probably been cancelled." It's not surprising when you consider the issue in its totality: a very small percentage of those users are going to return that camera, and the game it comes with is tied both to it and to cards their shops aren't designed to monetize. For the purposes of their business model, the product is completely inert. It never returns to the venue to be sold multiple times over, heaping profit upon profit. It's so far outside their bailiwick that they won't even let you preorder it. On the day of release, they got one or two - and they told me never to expect more. They said they'd carry some boosters perhaps, but no starters.

Yesterday, I called again to see if they had any cards, which you will recognize as a product I would like to purchase from their fucking store. I was surprised when he told me they had boosters and starters, in a marked departure from the prior narrative. The moment I was able to leave work, I went down cash in hand to make the exchange, but no-one there had seen any product of this type come in, and the person I had spoken to (diminutive manager John, pictured in the comic) was gone for the day. They were nice enough to call him, and he related that they had received "two starters" and "six boosters," but they had "sold" in the forty-five minutes it took me to get there.

I think we may be certain that he was simply tired of talking to me, but even if he wasn't, the scenario is grim. I find it very hard to believe they're going to sell a shop six individually sealed boosters, and then two of the five decks. Let's say that it is true: if they're selling entirely out of product the moment it arrives in the store, isn't this the sort of item a retailer should stock? Yes, indeed: provided you are in the retail business. As we have described before, the retail "lure" they have in operation serves only to catalyze the ongoing, perpetual cycle, operating in a closed circuit.

It was at this point that I turned to their online service, hoping that an environment without strictly rationed shelves might be better positioned to sell products to a willing buyer. Here, I was told that they would sell me one of five starter packs completely at random. It's incredible, really. What lesson is Sony entity supposed to learn from these exchanges? They've been much more eager than either of their competitors to deliver full products via their own service, even counting the Retailer Concession Edition of Warhawk, beginning the inexorable shift to absolute platform control of content. I wouldn't sell their stupid little cards either.
Old 10-31-07, 04:36 PM
Banned by request

That little article was unnecessarily difficult to read. Was he berating Gamestop for not carrying enough cards, or Sony for not providing enough cards? Or both? My Gamestop had a ton of cards, by the way.
Old 11-01-07, 09:43 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Suprmallet
That little article was unnecessarily difficult to read. Was he berating Gamestop for not carrying enough cards, or Sony for not providing enough cards? Or both? My Gamestop had a ton of cards, by the way.
I agree, that rant was pretentious. Just come out and say what's on his mind, not some philosophical ramblings.
Old 11-01-07, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Lastblade
I agree, that rant was pretentious. Just come out and say what's on his mind, not some philosophical ramblings.
Hey! I dig the philosophical ramblings.

But Penny Arcade isn't really for everyone and i completely see that.
Old 11-01-07, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Suprmallet
Jerry's writing is a bit strange sometimes. He's blaming Gamestop for not carrying cards and Sony (I guess) for not correctly informing retailers about the product.
Old 11-01-07, 10:22 AM
Banned by request

Yeah, that was a head scratcher to me. At first it seemed like a rant against Gamestop (his lack of antecedents didn't make it any easier to decipher) and then all of a sudden he starts talking about Sony and I just couldn't quite figure out the internal logic of it.

This game should be marketed to specialty stores who have experience with CCG's.
Old 11-02-07, 04:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I picked this up too. I hope I don't get addicted to this like I was with crack on cardboard aka Magic. :-) I already bought 5 booster packs (all my Target had) and the booster deck. This does not bode well. :-)

Please add me to your friends lists if you fancy a game. Plus I have no friends on my PS3. :-)

Sam
Old 11-03-07, 09:56 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by HotThang
I picked this up too. I hope I don't get addicted to this like I was with crack on cardboard aka Magic. :-) I already bought 5 booster packs (all my Target had) and the booster deck. This does not bode well. :-)

Please add me to your friends lists if you fancy a game. Plus I have no friends on my PS3. :-)

Sam

Ho Tang, cheating on us Xbox folk with a PS3-camera-CCG. I think when we all see you in CoD4 we may have to give you a swirly.
Old 11-03-07, 04:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by xmiyux
Ho Tang, cheating on us Xbox folk with a PS3-camera-CCG. I think when we all see you in CoD4 we may have to give you a swirly.
LOL!!!! I haven't played any on-line shooters in ages! I am getting back into it though and will see you guys soon! Watch out!! lol
Old 11-05-07, 11:42 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,937 Likes on 1,498 Posts
I still haven't been able to find any packs at all... the local gamestores seem to have only gotten a handful, Walmart and Target look at me like I'm crazy when I ask them (and I've checked both the videogame aisle and the CCG section) and Blockbuster can't/won't stock them. Any sightings at Best Buy and/or CC?
Old 11-05-07, 11:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I should be getting this later this week. My new PS3 name is LiverAndOnionz with a Zed.
Old 11-06-07, 09:13 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by fujishig
I still haven't been able to find any packs at all... the local gamestores seem to have only gotten a handful, Walmart and Target look at me like I'm crazy when I ask them (and I've checked both the videogame aisle and the CCG section) and Blockbuster can't/won't stock them. Any sightings at Best Buy and/or CC?
Go to Toys R Us and look near the Pokemon/Yh-Gi-Oh cards. At target they are either in the front of the store near the registers in the card section or in the glass case with PS3 games.

Good luck finding them. Seemed like some places around here got restocked yesterday. I was able to find Precon decks yesterday, but boosters were harder to find.

TRU gets restocked much more frequently than Target for some reason.
Old 11-06-07, 10:55 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I would try using Gamestop's store availability checker. Here's the product page for the booster pack:

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=821060

I was able to find some booster packs using that search. You may want to call and confirm with the store before making the trip since the inventory only updates once a day (in the morning).
Old 11-06-07, 02:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I did find one deck at Target yesterday, but some idiot had opened it (this was near the CCG section). They also had a spot for it in the glass case, but there were none there and the guy said that the grey sticker on the tab meant that there were none in the back. Great.
Old 11-07-07, 05:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Finally found some (decks only, no boosters) at TRU, thanks for the tip! Seems like the starter decks always contain the exact same cards... is that par for the course for CCGs now? I always thought that starter decks contain a certain ratio of rare cards, but that they were randomly packed in, much like boosters.
Old 11-08-07, 06:38 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm no CCG expert, but the point of these precon decks is that they are supposed to be good decks to play with. If the rare cards were random it wouldn't make much sense because the whole deck is designed around the rare cards.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.