Originally Posted by RyoHazuki
That movie was a big shit pile but that line had me
What movie is that from?
Old 02-09-08, 07:21 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by RyoHazuki
That movie was a big shit pile but that line had me
I was wondering if anyone would actually recognize that dialogue. Yeah, that movie sucked hard. I only saw it because my friend told me it was like The Breakfast Club. He neglected to tell me it was The Breakfast Club for morons. The Asian stoner kid (who said the Blanka line) was absolutely the only good thing about that shitfest, and he was the only thing that kept me watching because he was just so funny.

What movie is that from?

The Perfect Score. I do not recommend watching it unless you have absolutely nothing better to do.
Old 02-15-08, 09:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here's some footage of C. Viper and Abel (new character, has amnesia and appears to be a grappler).
http://youtube.com/watch?v=jR0msGU5XMo

There's a video out there on the Internets with footage of everyone. Seems like all the moves from Super Turbo are there, like Honda's body throw.

For you KOF fans, here's some footage of KOF XII. New hardware (same as SFIV), new animations:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=CjScFUY1uLU
Old 02-21-08, 04:39 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Sexy Time!

http://www.gametrailers.com/game/5667.html#gameplay
Old 05-29-08, 01:47 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Power to the players indeed...

News news news...got this from Capcom-Unity...who got it from Shoryuken.com

From a press release:

New Trailer, Preorder Campaign Kickoff On StreetFighter.com Immediately Following

When: Saturday, May 31st, 2008 at 10 PM
Where: CBS (check local listings)
URL: http://www.streetfighter.com, http://fight.proelite.com/elitexc-primetime.html

SAN MATEO, CA – May 28, 2008 – Capcom®, a leading worldwide developer and publisher of video games, today announced that the first television commercial for Street Fighter® IV will debut during the CBS EliteXC Saturday Night Fights mixed martial arts (MMA) event. The EliteXC bout takes place on CBS on Saturday, May 31 at 9 PM EST. Immediately following the bout, the Street Fighter IV trailer will debut on the newly redesigned StreetFighter.com, along with the first chance for gamers to preorder Street Fighter IV for the Xbox 360™ video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and PLAYSTATION®3 (PS3™) computer entertainment system exclusively through GamesStop.

Viewers tuning in to catch the first MMA fight to ever air on US broadcast television featuring internet phenomenon Kimbo Slice battling British fighter James “The Colossus” Thompson, will be treated to the network premiere of a 60 second Street Fighter IV trailer and 30 second Street Fighter IV television spots, which feature a combination of stylized CG animation and game play, ending with a call to action that will drive viewers to the newly designed StreetFighter.com website.

On the website, players will be able to watch the new “artistic” trailer, featuring a stylized brawl between Street Fighter favorite Guile and new character Abel along with several other Street Fighter IV trailers and then immediately pre-order the Xbox 360 or PS3 version of the game from GameStop. Fans who pre-order Street Fighter IV will receive a limited edition collectable Street Fighter Tribute artbook, illustrated by top artists from the comic book and video game industries. A countdown currently running on the website tracks the time remaining until the new trailer unlocks.

*sigh* I'm excited but I'm also pissed that GameStop got this deal. I really want this book but I don't know if it's the actual book (which will sell for about 89.99 at comic con) or a sample of the real book.

Heres a link to the book in question
http://www.udonentertainment.com/streetfightertribute/

Furthermore Famitsu weekly has pics of the new boss for SF IV, and here he is...

It also appears that Fei Long and Dan Hibiki are joining the roster as well!

So along with the new RE 5 trailer on the 30th, it looks like there is going to be no shortage of Capcom love!

streetfighter.com

Last edited by zero; 05-29-08 at 01:52 AM.
Old 05-29-08, 06:14 AM

Seth, the new cyborg boss dude, looks like he's straight out of SFIII. I'm not a big fan of the naked boss characters of that series. I'm glad to see Fei Long and Dan make it to the home consoles. The rumors / logical sense dates the home release for early next year (February), around the time for the second bad SF movie. (Yeah, I said it's gonna be bad even before seeing it. I don't think I going out on too far a limb when saying that.) I wonder if it will be better than the recently announced Pac-Man movie.
But to compensate for that, we get to play SFIV and hopefully, sometime this summer, Capcom will finally release HD Remix, which was due out last summer.
Of the few screen shots out there, I much prefer the Capcom character portrayals of Tatsunoko vs Capcom than of SFIV. It looks like it's going to have similar gameplay to that of the other crossover games (i.e. chaos, lotsa combos, air moves, etc.), which I could do without. Oh well, at least Capcom is making new fighting games.
Old 05-29-08, 09:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The graphics in the HD Remix look better than SFIV.

= J
Old 05-29-08, 10:35 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 445 Likes on 312 Posts
Originally Posted by Tarantino
The graphics in the HD Remix look better than SFIV.

= J
Yeah, even Guilty Gear looks better, but it's not "3-D", and therefore not next-gen...

It would've been nice to see a 2-D hi-res Street Fighter with crazy fluid animation.
Old 05-29-08, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by slop101
Yeah, even Guilty Gear looks better, but it's not "3-D", and therefore not next-gen...

It would've been nice to see a 2-D hi-res Street Fighter with crazy fluid animation.
The newest Guilty Gear (it will actually have a number 2 at the end of it) will be 3D. In fact, it's not a conventional fighter any more. It seems to be more like Virtual-On, i.e. lots of roaming.

Yeah, when SFIV was first shown I was hoping all the 3D stuff was just a distraction and then Capcom was going to show the real game in glorious hi-res 60 fps 2D glory. I'll have to settle for this, though. It's better than nothing. (I'll still be whispering 'EX' every time I say it though.)
Old 05-29-08, 12:57 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 445 Likes on 312 Posts
Originally Posted by Pasco
The newest Guilty Gear (it will actually have a number 2 at the end of it) will be 3D. In fact, it's not a conventional fighter any more. It seems to be more like Virtual-On, i.e. lots of roaming.
Ugh, I know - don't remind me. I saw some video footage of it, and not only does it seem boring as hell (it's kinda like a strategy game now), but the 3-D artwork looks boring too, and a major step down from the insane and inventive hand-drawn 2-D artwork of the previous games.
Old 06-01-08, 07:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Saw a commercial for this during the MMA fight last night. Looks awesome!
Old 06-01-08, 11:02 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0" id="gtembed" width="480" height="392"> <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="sameDomain" /> <param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /> <param name="movie" value="http://www.gametrailers.com/remote_wrap.php?mid=34663"/> <param name="quality" value="high" /> <embed src="http://www.gametrailers.com/remote_wrap.php?mid=34663" swLiveConnect="true" name="gtembed" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" allowFullScreen="true" quality="high" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="392"></embed> </object>
Old 12-10-08, 01:08 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Looks like we finally got details for the Collector's Edition for both the 360 and PS3 per gamestop's website.

- game
- figure (Ryu for PS3, Crimsion Viper for 360)
- Soundtrack CD
- Promo / Anime DVD (blu ray for PS3)
- 5 exclusive costumes download
- Udon / Prima Hint book

Looks like I'm going with the PS3 version with the Anime on blu-ray and Ryu figure. Who the hell is Crimson Viper?
Old 12-10-08, 02:08 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I wonder if the standalone Prima guide will be done by Udon as well.

Also, gamestop apparently has a Ryu headband with preorder.

And in case anyone hasn't seen the Mad Catz fighting sticks, which have been getting quite the work over by SD-Tekken's Markman, they're up for preorder on Amazon. And they are gorgeous.
http://www.amazon.com/Street-Fighter.../dp/B001M22WN8

WTF? It won't let me put S D T E K K E N in the message...

Last edited by lordzeppelin; 12-10-08 at 02:13 PM.
Old 12-10-08, 03:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

This is probably going to be the first collector's edition that I buy since Jade Empire.
Old 12-10-08, 06:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
There's a few SF4 videos on YouTube now.

The play field is much, much wider than previous SFs, and that seems to really slow down the play.
Old 12-11-08, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
Damn! Nice specs for the CE of the game. I just may plunk down the cash for the PS3 version.
Old 12-21-08, 08:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
I don't think the complete roster for the game was indicated so here it is:

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/12/19/co...racter-roster/

Full list of Street Fighter IV characters:

* Abel*
* Akuma (not hidden)
* Balrog
* Blanka
* Cammy***
* Chun-Li
* Crimson Viper*
* Dan***
* Dhalsim
* E. Honda
* El Fuerte*
* Fei-Long***
* Gen***
* Gouken**
* Guile
* Ken
* M. Bison
* Rose***
* Rufus*
* Ryu
* Sagat
* Sakura***
* Seth**
* Vega
* Zangief

*New to Street Fighter franchise.
**Only playable in console versions. (Not playable in arcade version.)
***Console-exclusive character. (Not in arcade version.)
Old 12-21-08, 09:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Great list

That week in Feb is gonna be killer for me with SF4(plus controller for it),Race Pro(if its anything like the GTR PC games) and Bionic Commando(if its as good as it looks ).
Old 12-21-08, 11:40 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
And here's pics of what's in the CE -

http://kotaku.com/5114739/street-fig...yline=true&s=x
Old 12-21-08, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Holy crap
Now I know for sure I am getting that CE version for the PS3!!!
Old 12-21-08, 01:35 PM
DVD Talk Hero

How come they don't have Dee-Jay? He was one of my favorite characters.
Old 01-03-09, 06:59 PM

I'm still not sure which version of the CE to get...

Does anyone know what resolution the game will run at?
Usually PS3 games run at 720 and 360 games run at 1080 (like Soul Calibur IV).
Old 01-07-09, 07:53 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Re: Street Fighter 4 Announced

Originally Posted by bub2000
I'm still not sure which version of the CE to get...

Does anyone know what resolution the game will run at?
Usually PS3 games run at 720 and 360 games run at 1080 (like Soul Calibur IV).
I don't think they've announced it yet. I didn't know that SC4 ran at 1080p on the 360, that kinda pisses me off as a PS3 owner. Oh well.

I am contemplating not getting the CE version now. A statue and a BD that I'll probably only watch once isn't really worth $20 to me. I just wish they would say what the 'exclusive DLC' will be, as that may change my mind.
Old 01-08-09, 11:21 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 626 Likes on 482 Posts
Re: Street Fighter 4 Announced

I just got the February issue of PTOM and they gave it 5 stars and Editor's Choice.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.