Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Street Fighter 4 Announced

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-07, 01:43 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did any of you catch the tower looking building in the background? Is the place Shanghai? I remember seeing that building when watching Discovery Atlas China...
Old 12-11-07, 07:29 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
I just got the new EGM (free subscription, terrible magazine) and they have a 13 page spread with a ton more pics in it of SF4.
Old 12-11-07, 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by steebo777
I just got the new EGM (free subscription, terrible magazine) and they have a 13 page spread with a ton more pics in it of SF4.
you SUCK! I have been waiting for my copy to come in for a week. I knew they were going to have a big spread for sf4! Haha, mine better come today!
Old 12-11-07, 11:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Scans!
Old 12-11-07, 11:47 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
SCANS!!! I've been driving all over the place looking for this issue.
Old 12-11-07, 11:57 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Yeah, i've been waiting for mine to come in the mail too, specifically about SF4.
Old 12-11-07, 12:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

They do specifically say in the article that the excessive camera angles are only to show the artwork and it will be a side camera.

I don't have a scanner at work, but I have a camera. Hopefully these are good enough...

Old 12-11-07, 12:57 PM

Uhhh....Im not sure if those scans are exactly VGT legal I think you should msg a mod first just in case.
Old 12-11-07, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Mods, if it is not legal (not sure why), feel free to delete the post.
Old 12-11-07, 01:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
THX dude.
Old 12-11-07, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by steebo777
Mods, if it is not legal (not sure why), feel free to delete the post.
I only say that becomes some people get really up in arms about posting copyrighted publications scans like that.

Thank you though, I don't think I could have waited for my issue to come in any longer.
Old 12-11-07, 04:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I think the only time it becomes an issue is if he using the pictures taken by them, using them as his own, and calling it an exclusive. It's not like he started another thread about it or anything .

Thanks a million steebo, now all I have to do is track down the mag itself so I can read the article!
Old 12-11-07, 04:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by zero
It's not like he started another thread about it or anything .
OK - enough about this. The few posts I've seem referring to the "ordeal" are more than enough. Drop it please.
Old 12-11-07, 05:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Liver&Onions
OK - enough about this. The few posts I've seem referring to the "ordeal" are more than enough. Drop it please.
Oh it was dropped a long time ago I was actually referring to this guy's fight with Ziff Davis in Brazil...

http://kotaku.com/gaming/mea-culpa/z...ics-331583.php

But I do get what your saying and I'll behave.
Old 12-11-07, 05:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Oh it was dropped a long time ago I was actually referring to this guy's fight with Ziff Davis in Brazil...

http://kotaku.com/gaming/mea-culpa/z...ics-331583.php

But I do get what your saying and I'll behave.
Ahh - ha! I didn't hear about that one
Old 12-11-07, 10:50 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Udon's plans for SF in 2008

Woot! BRING ON THE COMICS!!

http://www.udonentertainment.com/blog/
Old 12-12-07, 07:55 AM

It's not like he started another thread about it or anything .
If that is in regards to the Soul Calibur thread.

.......I just want everyone to know that if I hurt your pride in any way Zero I am sorry. Hopefully you, in time, will learn how to accept that I am a fallible human being and because of that will make mistakes from time to time and even possibly cover a topic on the forums or say something that has been said and covered previously by someone else. I know I can never undo the damage that has been done, but I am trying. I have taken steps by getting a mod approval before I make a dedicated game thread. I shall not scorn you henceforth.

In related news it was said in that EGM (which I did get yesterday) that the camera will remain static like all the other street fighters, and those crazy angles they show in the pictures will only happen during the replays or when you do some crazy move the camera will pan around in a different direction so, so far so good.

The one thing that has me worried are these new "super" moves they are throwing in to cater to the hardcore crowd.

Last edited by metalhead212; 12-12-07 at 07:57 AM.
Old 12-12-07, 09:41 PM

I'm a died-in-the-wool SFII junkie from way back in the day. I'm not sure I like the new character models... I'll have to see them in action though.
Old 12-13-07, 10:43 AM
Political Exile

Received 481 Likes on 317 Posts
I loved the EGM article. It really sounds like they have the right idea, targetting fans like me that loved the original SF2, but lost interest in all of the updates in the years that followed. To see all of the original fighters updated graphically but with identical gameplay really has my interest in purchasing this title.
Old 12-13-07, 11:04 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I just want parrying in. Parrying is the shizzle. But not like a lame parrying where you flash I want some cool animations.
Old 12-13-07, 11:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by PerryD
To see all of the original fighters updated graphically but with identical gameplay really has my interest in purchasing this title.
That's what SSFIITHD is for.
Old 12-13-07, 11:31 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

looks nice, thanks! can't wait for my copy...
Old 12-13-07, 12:18 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

So, I'm just dying for this game after reading the EGM article the other day, and it got me thinking:

Which are the best versions of the previous games, in your opinion? My thoughts are...

SFII (SNES, Turbo)
SF Alpha (Saturn)
SF Alpha 2 (Saturn)
Pocket Fighter (Saturn)
SF Alpha 3 (Dreamcast)
SF III (Dreamcast, Third Strike)

I never really cared much for Super Street Fighter II, though. I haven't played the Alpha Anthology or the Anniversary Collection on either the PS2 or Xbox, but I'd love to know how they compare (SFA3 and SFIII) to the Dreamcast versions.

I need to fire up the DC tonight...between SF and Soul Calibur, I'm dying for some solid fighting! Odd how this once-mighty genre is all but dead except for like 3 games anymore...(SC, Tekken, VF).
Old 12-13-07, 12:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The Anthology version is pretty much the winner for all the Alpha games. They're all arcade perfect with an INSANE amount of options. The version of Alpha 3 on there has all the console exclusive characters implemented into the arcade perfect version. From Wikipeida (pre-Anthology versions): "However, purists are quick to point out that no home version of Alpha 3 is accurate to the arcade fully, as custom combos do not function the same on most home ports, and move priority is also altered. In order of arcade accuracy, the Saturn is the best, followed by the Playstation, and then Dreamcast."

However, the PSP version of Alpha 3 has four extra characters on top of that.

Also from Anthology:

"Likewise, completing each game (including Alpha 3 Upper) unlocks the all-new Hyper Street Fighter Alpha (or Hyper Alpha for short), a Versus Mode-only version of Alpha 3 that allows players to select from every incarnation of the 34 characters in the series. Hyper Alpha also features four new Shadaloo-ISMs.

Shadaloo-A is the same as the Street Fighter Alpha 3 Shadaloo-ISM and would allow players to use Shin Bison's Final Psycho Crusher. In addition, nine of the 34 fighters gain new moves, most of these with animations from the Marvel vs. Capcom series. Shadaloo-B is similar to Alpha 3's X-ISM, but it allows players to Parry and Super Cancel like the Street Fighter III series. Shadaloo-C is an extension of the original Street Fighter Alpha engine, featuring push-blocking (Advancing Guard) and advanced chain combos on the ground and in the air, as well as free Alpha Counters. Shadaloo-D can only be assigned to the 12 characters of the Street Fighter II' Champion Edition cast, and makes them play exactly like that version's counterparts of the characters."
Old 12-13-07, 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by lordzeppelin
Odd how this once-mighty genre is all but dead except for like 3 games anymore...(SC, Tekken, VF).
Guilty Gear and KOF still get frequent releases, but you wouldn't notice since they barely change from incarnation to incarnation. Plus, they're 2D, and many people scoff at 2D, especially those who grew up post 16-BIT.

I am excited about SFIV, but also not setting myself to be disappointed. (I'm already disappointed it's not hand drawn.) All I can do is cross my fingers. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the SFEX series 3D but played in 2D, just like what the developers are touting about with SFIV?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.