Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

ONLY Halo 3 thread - part deux.

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-08, 04:37 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think the perks and weapon upgrades really add to the multi-player leveling aspect in COD4. Leveling in H3 really only keeps people playing at equivalent skill levels.
Old 04-21-08, 04:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

FREE LEGENDARY MAP-PACK....sorta

Not sure if anyone noticed this at Circuit City...but if you pre-order NGII there you get the FREE LEgendary Map Pack. They will send a code about 5 days after you order. (Took me about 4 days to get mine) I did that and then decided to cancel NGII as I will get it some other time Free map-pack for me. I'm glad to do that since CC screwed me over one too many times. You can also cancel the order online....no fuss at all...just click CANCEL

http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/Searc...rchSection=All

Last edited by DJ_Longfellow; 04-21-08 at 04:44 PM.
Old 04-21-08, 06:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DJ_Longfellow
FREE LEGENDARY MAP-PACK....sorta

Not sure if anyone noticed this at Circuit City...but if you pre-order NGII there you get the FREE LEgendary Map Pack. They will send a code about 5 days after you order. (Took me about 4 days to get mine) I did that and then decided to cancel NGII as I will get it some other time Free map-pack for me. I'm glad to do that since CC screwed me over one too many times. You can also cancel the order online....no fuss at all...just click CANCEL

http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/Searc...rchSection=All
Sold.
Old 04-21-08, 06:32 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by mmconhea
4. This is the most important one…Shake up the games. Throw in every game type imaginable under each matchmaking category. Why limit them? Just add them all. People won't get bored as quickly. Fiesta, Swat, Ball and every variation- put them all in. There’s nothing preventing them from doing this. I can play for an hour on a playlist and play every type and get sick of them all. Mix it up and don’t limit our options. Where are fucking gravity and speed options? Where are variations on maps? You have them--- use them.. Only Bungie’s need to control everything is preventing matchmaking from being diverse and interesting.
And for Christ’s sake use some of that screen real-estate to explain the objectives of the game when people are waiting for the game to load.
This is what Double XP Weekends are for. The Zombie gametype from a few weeks ago was really really addictive. So was the one that was like a weird version of football (with the bomb and hammers).

They should make an "Everything Under the Sun" playlist.

Oh, and give us Headlong, Bungie.
Old 04-21-08, 06:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by The Bus
This is what Double XP Weekends are for. The Zombie gametype from a few weeks ago was really really addictive. So was the one that was like a weird version of football (with the bomb and hammers).

They should make an "Everything Under the Sun" playlist.

Oh, and give us Headlong, Bungie.
Grifball is the football thing you mentioned.

They used to have a playlist called Actionsack (in H2) that was all the weird gametypes. It sucked.
Old 04-21-08, 06:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: Home of the 2009 Stanley Cup & Vince Lombardi trophy!!!
1. I was thinking they would have to get cracking on map packs... issuing them every 3 months. (they would probably still make the last pack free after 6 months - they still have to make money).
I agree, even if it's only 1 or 2 maps per quarter.

2. Find out the most popular multiplayer maps and re-release them (pulling from an old library would allow them to get the map packs out quicker). Get Hang ‘em High, Warlock, Sanctuary, Relic, Terminal, Battle Creek, Blood Gulch, Death Island, Timberland.
Agree again. They did it with Warlock & Hang 'em on Halo 2, and now Sidewinder & Lockout. I want Midship & Ivory Tower.

2.5 – Make some Easy maps… one room tournament maps, like paintball fields, with simple barriers and symmetry.
I think Midship & Warlock would cover this...maybe even the swamp map from H2 (I forget the name).

3. Stop being pussies and enable SWAT as a permanent match type. Their most popular game type and they refuse to use it because it proves to be more popular than the regular game.
I'd like to see SWAT.

4. This is the most important one…Shake up the games. Throw in every game type imaginable under each matchmaking category. Why limit them? Just add them all. People won't get bored as quickly. Fiesta, Swat, Ball and every variation- put them all in. There’s nothing preventing them from doing this. I can play for an hour on a playlist and play every type and get sick of them all. Mix it up and don’t limit our options. Where are fucking gravity and speed options? Where are variations on maps? You have them--- use them.. Only Bungie’s need to control everything is preventing matchmaking from being diverse and interesting.
And for Christ’s sake use some of that screen real-estate to explain the objectives of the game when people are waiting for the game to load.
I would like to see the variants, but keep Team Slayer just that, Team Slayer. I hate getting all snipes in TS matches. Also, a huge thumbs up for explaining the games.

5. Add the DLC maps into the main matchmaking as soon as they are available (if people don't have them- they ignore games that are on them).
This is a big one for me. You almost feel ripped off for buying the maps. You can play them, but only in a small corner with other 'special' people. My friends refuse to buy them because 1, they will be free, and 2, they aren't in the mix.

6. Ban team killers and de-levelers quickly.
Amen.

7. Remove vetoing. It doesn’t work.. Some people always veto. Some never. It does not reduce quitting. It just make games take longer to set up… and makes me want top punch assholes that chant “veto’ through the whole process. Speed up matchmaking by removing vetoing and cutting out those stupid, pointless countdowns.
I don't mind vetoing, but there shouldn't be any communication during it. The "VETO!! VETO!!! VETO!!!" chant sucks.
Old 04-21-08, 08:25 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Originally Posted by dvdsteve2000
I don't mind vetoing, but there shouldn't be any communication during it. The "VETO!! VETO!!! VETO!!!" chant sucks.
Easy fix. Make your default setting "Mute everyone but friends." Problem solved.
Old 04-22-08, 11:05 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Easy fix. Make your default setting "Mute everyone but friends." Problem solved.
But then you mis out on hearing:
1: dirty-mouth 6-year old
2: guy with microphone up nose
3: Fake British accent guy
4: lone female (most likely fat)
5: guys hitting on fat female
6: guy with techno lined into his mic.
7: white kid rapping

As far these 2x point weekends.... bull shit. Just one variation on weekends is not enough.
Old 04-23-08, 05:46 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,802 Likes on 1,125 Posts
But then you mis out on hearing:

4: lone female (most likely fat)

Wow. That's a fucked up assumption.

Last edited by Giantrobo; 04-23-08 at 05:49 AM.
Old 04-23-08, 07:23 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
Yep, and it is why most of the women on my friends list only turn their mic on when playing with friends. Having to deal with obnoxious stereotypes like that all the time begins to wear on them.
Old 04-25-08, 02:53 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 678 Likes on 454 Posts
I finally opened my Halo 3 and am going thru the non-spoiler special features on the two extra legendary set DVDs. Anyone play Warthog Jump? Or maybe it was Warthog Launch. A little mini-game in the special features disc 1.

Last edited by Trevor; 04-25-08 at 02:56 PM.
Old 04-25-08, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
or joke.
Old 04-25-08, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by xmiyux
Yep, and it is why most of the women on my friends list only turn their mic on when playing with friends. Having to deal with obnoxious stereotypes like that all the time begins to wear on them.
I doubt it's confined to women. and it was a joke... chill.
Old 04-25-08, 04:56 PM
Banned

I can never escape the fake British accent guys. I've yet to play Halo 3 without at least one in the mix.
Old 07-03-08, 01:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Free Halo 3 map this weekend.

http://www.bungie.net/News/content.a...news&cid=14568
Old 07-03-08, 01:36 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Saw that. Very cool. There's also a 200 pt discount on the Legendary map pack.
Old 07-03-08, 02:28 PM

Wait, it says on their page cold storage will be free starting on the 7th, is that wrong, is it this weekend?

Cold Storage will be available for free beginning on July 7, Bungie Day, on Xbox Live Marketplace.
Old 07-03-08, 03:05 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

With the holiday this weekend, I'm already in brainfart mode. Yes, it comes out Monday.
Old 07-07-08, 02:16 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Don't forget that the new map came out today and is free.

Also, if you are into Themes and GamerPics, there is a Bungie day theme and gamerpic only available today.
Old 09-23-08, 08:04 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Supposedly along with the Title Update today, 6 new maps are going to be announced:

Assembly
Orbital (aka space camp, moonbase alpha)
Longshore (rumor of a headlong or relic remake or a fan inspired level*)
Heretic
Citadel
Sandbox (the map maker)
Old 09-23-08, 08:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I played for an hour last night for the first time in months. I forgot how much shotty snipes sucks!
Old 09-23-08, 10:51 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I did not see any mention of new maps in the update but they did add 250 more achievement points.

* Vidmaster Challenge: Lightswitch (0 points) – Get to the rank of Lieutenant in any playlist in the new EXP progression system.
* Vidmaster Challenge: 7 on 7 (0 points) – Enter into any ranked or social playlist with 7 EXP on the 7th of the month.
* Vidmaster Challenge: Annual (0 points) – After 9/25/08, complete Halo on 4-player Legendary LIVE co-op, with Iron, and everyone in Ghosts.
* Double Double (25 points) – On a Legendary map, get two Double Kills during any ranked or social match.
* Poor Yorick (25 points) – On a Legendary map, get 3 Oddball melee kills during any ranked or social match.
* Came…From…Behind (50 points) – On a Legendary map, get 3 assassinations during any ranked or social match.
* Defend This (50 points) – On a Legendary map, get a flag melee kill during any ranked or social match.
* Flag Dropped (25 points) – On a Legendary map, get 2 flag carrier kills during any ranked or social match.
* Road Rage (25 points) – On a Legendary map, get 5 Warthog chaingun kills during any ranked or social match.
* Look Both Ways (50 points) – On a Legendary map, get a Splatter Spree during any ranked or social match.

Here is the full list of updates.

http://www.bungie.net/News/content.a...news&cid=15545

Last edited by edstein; 09-23-08 at 11:51 AM.
Old 09-23-08, 11:05 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Actually if you look at your games list in your gamertag, Halo 3 is now sitting at 1750 possible points.
Old 09-23-08, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I just noticed that as well. Is there any other game with that many points possible?
Old 09-23-08, 12:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

aren't they breaking any Xbox rule with that?
First Microsoft said that the limit was 1000 pts, then 200 (or something like that) for DLC and now this?

Not that I care, I'm planning on playing the game again after a long hiatus

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.