Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Zelda -The Phantom Hourglass announced for DS (Wind Waker Style)

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Zelda -The Phantom Hourglass announced for DS (Wind Waker Style)

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-07, 03:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was going to call Gamestop after work today and see if they have it. I've read a few reports of people having trouble finding it today. Circuit City & Best Buy claim that they'll have it early tomorrow afternoon for what it's worth.
Old 10-01-07, 08:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by UncleGramps
I was going to call Gamestop after work today and see if they have it. I've read a few reports of people having trouble finding it today. Circuit City & Best Buy claim that they'll have it early tomorrow afternoon for what it's worth.
I had the same problem. The Elect. Dpt. manager at Wal-Mart said that new games are only released on Tuesdays.

I may try that fam video order, I did want it for my trip this weekend, but for saving $10, I can wait.
Old 10-02-07, 08:36 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
Too many good games out to play...
Old 10-02-07, 11:06 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Well, when I called Gamestop last night, they said they'd be getting it today. I think I'll get it at Circuit City since they're including a Zelda-themed accessory set (pen stylus, headphones, and screen wipe).
Old 10-02-07, 11:59 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
FYI - I was able to PM the free guide that TRU offers at BB. It's much bigger than I expected. Can't wait to tear into this tonight.
Old 10-02-07, 07:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Got mine today at EB.Just started in and so far im liking it and controlling everything with the stylus is a snap
Old 10-02-07, 09:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Took a min or 2 to get used to the stylus, but Im starting to really like it...
Old 10-03-07, 04:07 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Future Shop had a handful and Wal Mart had a crap load of them.
Old 10-03-07, 05:26 AM

Don't forget to register your copy of the game with your My Nintendo account as soon as you get it for your free stylus.
Where did you see this promotion? I did register my copy once I got it yesterday, but I didn't see that promo on Nintendo's site...
Old 10-03-07, 08:03 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Maquis
Where did you see this promotion? I did register my copy once I got it yesterday, but I didn't see that promo on Nintendo's site...
It was in the original release date announcement back in July: http://www.nintendo.com/newsarticle?...u&page=archive

I also haven't seen any mention of it since then. I posted that a few days before launch and had assumed that it would show up by now. I'm sure it'll show up eventually. Just keep an eye on https://my.nintendo.com/consumer/opr_promos.jsp

If/when I hear something else, I'll be sure to update.
Old 10-03-07, 08:08 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I played for about 30 minutes last night (got to the first dungeon maybe?) before I stopped. Was only doing it to get through the opening while I waited on some on-call activities I got dragged into last night.

I have to admit I was almost stumped on the (first cave spoiler)
Spoiler:
mouse with the stupid key. It took me about 5 or 10 minutes to figure it out and it was so obvious. Even then I did it the hard way by moving the stupid block all the over to the first hole and giving myself a very short area to catch the damn thing.

Doesn't bode well for me for the rest of the game

The stylus control isn't bad so far, but I really don't like the way you have to roll. I hope I get better at aiming it.
Old 10-03-07, 08:34 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
I got this last night with the CC bonus items. Worth it for the stylus pen alone.

Have played a little. The controls are pretty good, feels like a Zelda game but still keeps things fresh. I agree that the somersaulting is a big wonky.

The multiplayer "Battle Mode" isn't too bad either. Not a very deep or robust game, but good for a quick session. Suffers from the usual problems of people disconnecting when they are losing a fight.
Old 10-03-07, 10:20 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

This morning I finished the first dungeon and returned to the starting island. Great game so far. As mentioned, the somersault move is often tough to pull off, but the other controls are great. Tracing the boomerang path is a lot of fun, and the map notes are a neat idea. The graphics are also really impressive for a DS game. Oh, and the art style for the opening cutscene is amazingly cute.
Old 10-03-07, 10:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 234 Likes on 167 Posts
The controls (other than the somersault) are the most awesome use of the touchscreen on the DS ever. And the game itself is great. I'm stuck on
Spoiler:
the killer floors
Old 10-03-07, 10:48 AM
Video Game Talk Editor

Originally Posted by GatorDeb
The controls (other than the somersault) are the most awesome use of the touchscreen on the DS ever. And the game itself is great. I'm stuck on
Spoiler:
the killer floors
I'm halfway through the single player game and I can tell you it only gets better.

Easily some of the most inventive usage of the touchscreen and microphone I've ever seen on a DS game. Be prepared to get crazy looks from anyone around you when you purchase the crane.
Old 10-03-07, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 444 Likes on 311 Posts
Originally Posted by Groucho
I got this last night with the CC bonus items. Worth it for the stylus pen alone.
How so? Any pics? What other bonus items? I've vowed to never step inside a Circuit City, so I wonder if it's worth breaking that vow...
Old 10-03-07, 10:51 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

This game ius awesome. I finished the first Dungeon, and got through the second part of the cave with the killer floors. The controls are so tight, aside from the aforementioned somersaulting.
Old 10-03-07, 11:41 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by slop101
How so? Any pics? What other bonus items? I've vowed to never step inside a Circuit City, so I wonder if it's worth breaking that vow...
Here's a flickr set that GoNintendo.com linked to:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/errorik...7602235458324/

I got the set at CC, but I'm considering putting it up on eBay since I don't think I'd ever use the pen stylus or the headphones.
Old 10-03-07, 11:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Im glad Im not the only one who has some issues with somersaulting... And this is one hard game to play on the subway, and hearing I have to use the microphone isnt going to make it better. But Im loving the game so far.
Old 10-03-07, 11:45 AM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts
Just got back from CC (they had a whole box full of the bonus stuff and it was a big box).

Here's what the packaging looks like:

CC counts the game as $27.94 and the bonus item as $7.50 on the receipt (for a total of $34.99).
Old 10-03-07, 12:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Oh, so can you buy the bonus stuff separately?
Old 10-03-07, 12:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Oh, so can you buy the bonus stuff separately?
Yeah, they had the accessory packs on the shelves at my local store, marked at $15. This week they're doing the promotion where you get it free with the game.
Old 10-03-07, 12:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It looks like I'll be getting it a Circuit City, I love shopping there ever since they pissed off the entire internet. Plus, since the game is $35 everywhere (no deals).. I might as well get something for free, it'll be a good birthday gift or stocking stuffer for one of my friends.
Old 10-03-07, 12:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by PixyJunket
It looks like I'll be getting it a Circuit City, I love shopping there ever since they pissed off the entire internet. Plus, since the game is $35 everywhere (no deals).. I might as well get something for free, it'll be a good birthday gift or stocking stuffer for one of my friends.
It's amazing how much you hate the internet.
Old 10-03-07, 12:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by PixyJunket
Plus, since the game is $35 everywhere (no deals)...
I got it for $29 at my local shop (not a deal), but I didn't know about the CC deal, or else I would've gone for that.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.