Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Zelda -The Phantom Hourglass announced for DS (Wind Waker Style)

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Zelda -The Phantom Hourglass announced for DS (Wind Waker Style)

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-07, 01:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by slop101
I got it for $29 at my local shop (not a deal), but I didn't know about the CC deal, or else I would've gone for that.
Not bad, I was hoping Amazon would have a $29.99 price (they usually do on $35/$40 DS titles).
Old 10-03-07, 01:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 444 Likes on 311 Posts
Originally Posted by PixyJunket
It looks like I'll be getting it a Circuit City, I love shopping there ever since they pissed off the entire internet.
FWIW, I try not shop at CC, not because of whatever they may have done to the "internets", but because all the CCs near me are really shitty, shitty stores.
Old 10-03-07, 01:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by slop101
FWIW, I try not shop at CC, not because of whatever they may have done to the "internets", but because all the CCs near me are really shitty, shitty stores.
Yeah, that is universal to all Circuit City stores. Remarkably consistent, I might add.
Old 10-03-07, 01:29 PM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts
Yeah, that is universal to all Circuit City stores. Remarkably consistent, I might add.
My nearest CC (410 & San Pedro) is a nice, clean store with knowledgeable, friendly staff.

Just kidding... but it is clean.
Old 10-03-07, 01:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts
I was able to use an expired Best Buy Gamer GC Coupon plus a $5 Reward Zone GC which was nice to get it for $10 cheaper total.
Old 10-03-07, 01:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

May I also mention how great I still find the standby feature on the DS. No running to find a save spot because you need to do something. No, just close the lid.
Old 10-03-07, 01:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It looks like I'll be getting it a Circuit City, I love shopping there ever since they pissed off the entire internet. Plus, since the game is $35 everywhere (no deals).. I might as well get something for free, it'll be a good birthday gift or stocking stuffer for one of my friends.
or you can pick it up at Toys R Us. They are giving free guides with the purchase of this game. The guide retails for 19.99
Old 10-03-07, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by pinata242
It was in the original release date announcement back in July: http://www.nintendo.com/newsarticle?...u&page=archive

I also haven't seen any mention of it since then. I posted that a few days before launch and had assumed that it would show up by now. I'm sure it'll show up eventually. Just keep an eye on https://my.nintendo.com/consumer/opr_promos.jsp

If/when I hear something else, I'll be sure to update.
I registered... and there was no survey.
Old 10-03-07, 03:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Gamefly is actually sending this to me today. So now my dilema is.. do i play and beat it with my rental or not.

at least Gamefly finally sent me something on the top of my list. don't know when I'll ever see MP3 or MSC.
Old 10-03-07, 08:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Goldberg74
My nearest CC (410 & San Pedro) is a nice, clean store with knowledgeable, friendly staff.

Just kidding... but it is clean.
I stop in that one almost every Sunday on my way to ultimate frisbee at McCallister Park.

Is it me, or does CC's new layout make almost zero sense?

Anyway, I did the FamilyVideo for $26 shipped thing. I figure I'll see it in about a month!
Old 10-03-07, 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by chess
Is it me, or does CC's new layout make almost zero sense?
The last few time that I've been there, I've walked up to the counter, asked them for the game (they keep the popular new titles behind the counter), paid for it and walked out.

So I've never bothered with the layout.

Anyways... I just came back to the first island after beating the first dungeon on the other island... and I'm liking this game.

Except for two things... the roll sucks... and so does getting dizzy from spinning too much (accidentally).

This game is great!

... and while wearing the Link headphones using the big stylus... my wife called me a Zelda geek.
Old 10-04-07, 02:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Stuck at this part if anyone can help:
Spoiler:

Stuck in B2 of the sea king temple... I step on the switch to lower the spikes, and Im supposed to throw the boomerang to get a key, but there is no key. Am I do something wrong?
Old 10-04-07, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by FantasticVSDoom
Stuck at this part if anyone can help:
Spoiler:

Stuck in B2 of the sea king temple... I step on the switch to lower the spikes, and Im supposed to throw the boomerang to get a key, but there is no key. Am I do something wrong?
Spoiler:
On the left side of the map, there's a barrier of fire. You stand to the N of that barrier and send your boomerang through it and to the left to hit a switch. That drops the key, IIRC.

If that's not it, there's 2 switches around the stationary phantom in the upper-right that need to be activated together. Hit one and the phantom starts to move, run to the other and hit that before the other one deactivates. I'm pretty sure you've already done this, though.
Old 10-04-07, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by pinata242
Spoiler:
On the left side of the map, there's a barrier of fire. You stand to the N of that barrier and send your boomerang through it and to the left to hit a switch. That drops the key, IIRC.

If that's not it, there's 2 switches around the stationary phantom in the upper-right that need to be activated together. Hit one and the phantom starts to move, run to the other and hit that before the other one deactivates. I'm pretty sure you've already done this, though.
Thanks...

I figured it out that I was only hitting 1 one of the switches...
Old 10-04-07, 03:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

So I had it backwards. Glad you got it. I'm on my way to the next island. Took a small detour to get a cannon for the ship
Old 10-04-07, 04:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I found its easy to do a roll if you start a half circle at the edge of the screen in the direction you want to roll. Start the half circle on the edge of the screen and end on the edge.
Old 10-04-07, 06:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I registered my copy on Nintendo's website the other day and I got an email today to take the survey and get the stylus. Check your emails!
Old 10-04-07, 06:26 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Got my email too. Awesome. Can't wait!

Old 10-04-07, 07:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I am stuck and getting extremely pissed off right now. I'm on the Ghost Ship and
Spoiler:
I'm at the part with the 5 switches. It says the order is 2 4 5 1 3. I pull the switches in that order, and it gives me the wrong order sound. I pulled them backwards. I tried pulling them from right to left in order, and again backwards and nothing is working. I go to check an faq because I have no clue why this puzzle isn't solving, and it tells me that I am pulling them in the right order. Has anyone had this problem? Please help me!!!!
Old 10-04-07, 07:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

If anybody had my problem above here is the solution.

Spoiler:
I looked at an faq for the Japanese import walkthrough and the code there was 4 1 5 2 3. I don't know how this relates to the code so I'm very confused how I solved it wrong. Could my game just have had a glitch?
Old 10-04-07, 07:48 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Got the email too. Just finished and confirmed my freebie!
Old 10-04-07, 09:27 PM

Me too... here's the link for those of you who haven't gotten the email yet:

http://www.nintendo.com/hourglass/survey.jsp
Old 10-04-07, 09:33 PM
Video Game Talk Editor

Originally Posted by spainlinx0
I am stuck and getting extremely pissed off right now. I'm on the Ghost Ship and
Spoiler:
I'm at the part with the 5 switches. It says the order is 2 4 5 1 3. I pull the switches in that order, and it gives me the wrong order sound. I pulled them backwards. I tried pulling them from right to left in order, and again backwards and nothing is working. I go to check an faq because I have no clue why this puzzle isn't solving, and it tells me that I am pulling them in the right order. Has anyone had this problem? Please help me!!!!
It's tricky, but feels very obvious once you figure it out.
Spoiler:
The numbers don't refer to the order. You probably pulled (counting from the left) Second switch, Fourth, Fifth, First, Third.

The numbers refer to the placement. Counting from the left, the first switch is the number 2, hence pulled in second place. The order is Fourth switch (#1), First Switch (#2), Fifth Switch (#3), Second Switch (#4), Third Switch (#5).

It's not a glitch.
Old 10-04-07, 11:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Grrrr, I totally didn't even think of that Flay. I guess I wasn't even thinking and got so annoyed thinking the game had screwed up. I should have known better.
Old 10-05-07, 10:14 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by dizzlle01
or you can pick it up at Toys R Us. They are giving free guides with the purchase of this game. The guide retails for 19.99
thanks for the tip, just called my local TRU and will be picking one up with the guide today.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.