Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Call of Duty 2

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-06, 08:15 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Are you skipping around?? It shows you only have two veteran achievements.. D-Day is the 7th level..
Old 05-18-06, 08:48 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by tbird2340
Are you skipping around?? It shows you only have two veteran achievements.. D-Day is the 7th level..
Yes, I am skipping around. Turns out I did a few on Hardened instead of veteran and I didn't realize it until after I finished. I think you get the achievement for either though.
Old 05-18-06, 08:51 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by edstein
Yes, I am skipping around. Turns out I did a few on Hardened instead of veteran and I didn't realize it until after I finished. I think you get the achievement for either though.
Nope.. I thought that at first too but the only achievement you get for Veteran OR Hardened is the "War Hardened - Complete the entire Single Player game on Hardened or Veteran difficulty setting" other then that you have to complete them on Veteran...
Old 05-18-06, 09:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Check out what happened to me last night!!

I'm working on the buildings in D-Day. It took me like 2 hours to clear house C.. I then have D - E - F left.. It takes me a while to clear D and then suprisingly I clear E & F back to back rather quickly.. I meet my team at the rally point and get my orders to climb the silo..

WOW. This is flippin hard! I play about 10 times lasting about a minute each time.. You really have to make EVERY bullet count because reload times will kill you.. On about the 11th try I acutally make it to the 2 minute checkpoint so I'm like "AWWW YEA!!" Well.. That's not the case. Right as it says checkpoint I happen to be out of bullets in my guy starts reloading. Also at this same time there are still 3 artilleries launching shells at me.. So what happens is I die like 4 seconds after the "checkpoint" and when it starts back at the same place I'm reloading and I die before I even get done reloading.

I ended up having to turn off my 360 (not saving it because this would just keep happening). In turn that cost me losing houses E & F because I beat those in the same session.

So..... I beat E rather quickly but have been on F for about 45 minutes!!
Sucks about the checkpoint thing. I would always get to a checkpoint and have no ammo.

Whenever you actually get to complete the Silo sniper, for the love of god, be careful when you have to climb back down the ladder, or you'll be starting over when you die from falling!
Old 05-18-06, 09:38 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by matome
Sucks about the checkpoint thing. I would always get to a checkpoint and have no ammo.

Whenever you actually get to complete the Silo sniper, for the love of god, be careful when you have to climb back down the ladder, or you'll be starting over when you die from falling!
If that happens to me I can guarantee you something will be breaking..
Old 05-18-06, 11:52 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by matome

That happened to me MULTIPLE times when I played through the game on Normal. I was so terrified that it would happen when I beat it on Veteran, but I guess I was just lucky that day.
Old 05-21-06, 11:32 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Here's my story: Yesterday I made it to the 2:00 checkpoint up on the silo on veteran setting. I got frusturated and quit for the rest of the day. Today I power up Call of Duty 2 again to give it another try and it turns out that I forgot to save, so I had to do houses e and f over again to get to the Silo. Here's the good news, when I did complete the houses, I got to a better checkpoint than the first time I was doing the silo and I completed D-Day on the veteran setting. Off to do the Battle of Caen now.
Old 05-22-06, 01:05 AM

Just finished the Silo, I had to do it 2 times since I fell down the ladder and died. That really sucked I thought there was a checkpoint when the tanks arrived.

I can't wait for Hill 400 since I have read how fun that is on Veteran.
Old 05-22-06, 06:36 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Finished The Battle for Caen last night.. On Hill 400 now..
Old 05-22-06, 07:33 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I finished the battle for caen last night as well. I just need to finish the silo portion of d-day and I'll be ready for hill 400.
Old 05-22-06, 09:36 PM

I'm now one of the few and the proud, I won the game using veteran setting the whole time!!! I did it in about a week too. It really does feel good to get the acheivments under the hardest setting. You feel like you acomplished something. There were times I was stuck on the same point for hours trying to figure out what the hell to do not to die.

Last edited by Michael Ballack; 05-23-06 at 05:41 PM.
Old 05-23-06, 12:46 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I have cleared all the buildings on the silo level but, I cannot take out all those fucking mortars. I've tried at least 20 times. Any pointers?
Old 05-23-06, 01:39 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I have cleared all the buildings on the silo level but, I cannot take out all those fucking mortars. I've tried at least 20 times. Any pointers?
Here's a tip. Quit sucking!

What are you having problems with? Too many guys coming out and eventually shooting a mortar on top of the silo? If it helps, the way I did it was to try to take out the guys in the order that they appear. I'm sure you already know this, but make sure you are reloading when waiting for mortars to appear. Also, if I'm not mistaken, I think only one out of the two guys at each mortar actually "shoots." When you do eventually beat it, CAREFUL GOING DOWN THE LADDER!!!

There's another level near the end of the game where you have to take out mortars again, I think its Hill 400. I found that one much harder because you have to run around the top of the hill rather than move across that narrow silo.
Old 05-23-06, 06:46 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yea, I just got done with Hill 400 and the sniping on that part was hard as well. What sucked majorly is that I somehow beat it rather easily and I kept playing that level.. My internet was jacked up so I tried re connecting to xbox live and it somehow took me back to the opening game screen. I had to do that all over again and this time it took me like an hour..

I'm now on crossing the rhine..

Side note.. I know this is the "hardest" level but does that mean it has to be flatout unrealistic? For example.. In Hill 400 when you have to protect the bunker so the Germans don't get in.. The first thing I tried was to just hide tucked in by the door... The second it starts like 6 friggin grenades come flying in the little door.. Come-on now...
Old 05-23-06, 06:48 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I only beat the game on Hardened and several of the levels were extremely frustrating. I'm not sure my blood pressure could handle the Veteran difficulty level but all this talk makes me want to give it another shot sometime.
Old 05-23-06, 06:54 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yea xmiyux... If you have blood pressure problems this might put you over the edge... If you don't, you will have problems by the time your done.. My head has turned purple many of times from frustration...
Old 05-23-06, 07:00 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Yea xmiyux... If you have blood pressure problems this might put you over the edge... If you don't, you will have problems by the time your done.. My head has turned purple many of times from frustration...
I beat the game on hardened with a little difficulty here and there (in particular the tank level in the desert oddly enough) but nothing too too terrible. Then i switched it to veteran and couldn't even make it out of the first room on the first level. The jump in difficulty is ridiculous. So i commend all of you who are actually able to beat the thing on veteran.
Old 05-23-06, 07:34 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Clearing the houses was very tough on veteran. But at least you have some options. You can pick your house and entry points. When your setting on top of the silo you can't go anywhere to take cover. At first I was just picking off the mortar crews that the spotter was telling me to. That does not seem to work. If you time it right you can take out both men on the mortar crew with one shot. I noticed a few people mentioned having trouble falling off the ladder so I practiced that a little before I got to this point. The trick there is to walk backwards over the ladder, not forwards. Oh and eatntae I'll try not to suck anymore. Next time we're on live I'm sticking my bayonet up your ass.

Last edited by edstein; 05-23-06 at 09:24 AM.
Old 05-23-06, 07:40 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Oh and eatntae I'll try not to suck anymore. Next time we're on live I sticking my bayonet up your ass.
Yikes

That sounds kinky..
Old 05-23-06, 08:33 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Defintely try to remember the order that the mortar guys appear (when your buddy calls them out). You gotta keep switching to the ones that appeared first or you'll get blown to crap. Somehow I actually managed to end up with two sniper rifles when I was up there, so that may have helped me a bit.

This is a level that definitely helps to have HD!
Old 05-23-06, 12:10 PM

Side note.. I know this is the "hardest" level but does that mean it has to be flatout unrealistic? For example.. In Hill 400 when you have to protect the bunker so the Germans don't get in.. The first thing I tried was to just hide tucked in by the door... The second it starts like 6 friggin grenades come flying in the little door.. Come-on now...

Ha Ha, we come from the same school, I hid under the bunkers as well and had 100 grenades thrown at me at the same time. The one complaint I have about COD2 is how sometimes enemies would just spawn behind you. Complete Bullshit if you ask me.
Old 05-24-06, 06:42 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Finally!!! I Won The War!!!!
Old 05-24-06, 07:03 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Congratulations! That is indeed a badass achievement!
Old 05-24-06, 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by xmiyux
Congratulations! That is indeed a badass achievement!
yes yes excellent work
Old 05-24-06, 09:10 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I would like to take a minute and thank all those who have helped me in this journey.. The road was long and tough but with your support we were able to pull through..

If I only felt a sence of satisfaction when I was done.. I was more like "Man, I'm glad I'm done with this!!"

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.