Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Call of Duty 2

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-06, 10:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Finished on Veteran last week

The House storming is the hardest, but once you get used to it you will blow through them with ease

Spoiler:
the enemies on these stages respawn constantly, you have to keep pushing forward, or they will keep coming.

throw a smoke grenade at the door. step foot inside the house then step back outside the door. Your guys will run in, and will clear the downstairs (follow them after a few seconds just to make sure)

then comes the hard part, you will have to clear upstairs by yourself, your men wont go up. Toss a few grenades and shoot whomever comes running. then sneak up the stairs a little and toss a grenade at different angles and shoot, repeat. make sure you are crwaling up the stairs and shoot at doorways immediately, usually guys waiting for you

dont worry about wasting grenades you can pick more up off of dead jerries
Old 01-03-06, 07:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I made it past where I was stuck thanks to having hours to waste and being able to crawl on my belly during most of the level. I simply give up on the last part where you the silo comes into play. I'm sniping as fast as I can and it's still about half as fast as I need to be. 3

Normally I refuse to buy a game where extensive sniping comes into play because it's just not my thing. Luckily I have a buddy who is insane with a sniper rifle in most every game he plays.

Edit:

Later that evening.....

So my buddies came over, drunk I might add, and wanted to try the end of the level. We slowly chipped away at the end and finally beat it. Then my friend
Spoiler:
went to walk down the ladder of the silo and fell to his death
So I ended up getting really pissed and after 20 or so more tries I finally beat the level.

Last edited by MasterofDVD; 01-04-06 at 12:21 AM.
Old 02-07-06, 08:00 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

So - I went back through and played the Russian campaign on Veteran mode (OK - so I'm lame for starting in "Normal"). Anyway - It seems like I should have gotten 3 new achievements for "Veteran of Winter War", "Veteran of Stalingrad '42", and "Veteran of Fortress Stalingrad". The missions screen shows I completed at Veteran level, but I never got the achievements. Am I missing something here?
Old 02-08-06, 08:06 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Did you beat ALL the missions within each Russian campaign? i.e. did you beat all (10?) Russian missions on Veteran?
Old 02-08-06, 08:23 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts
I've played through COD 2 on every difficulty, some levels several times. I decided to go back and play the original COD on Veteran as well but the game is kicking my ass. Mostly because there doesn't seem to be any health packs on the hardest difficulty. Argh. And for some reason I can't get United Offensive to start up. Guess I'll just wait until COD 3.
Old 02-08-06, 08:44 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Did you beat ALL the missions within each Russian campaign? i.e. did you beat all (10?) Russian missions on Veteran?
Yep - all missions on the Russian campaign. I'll see if I can post some screenshots tonight.
Old 02-08-06, 12:06 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I also posted a question at Activision's support site. We'll see what they have to say.
Old 02-08-06, 12:57 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Here's what Activision had to say:

Response (Dov Carson) - 02/08/2006 10:27 AM Hello Nosmo, thank you for contacting Activision Customer support. Call of Duty 2 has 1000 possible achievement points. Points can be acquired by finishing missions on Veteran mode (60 points per mission), completing Moscow Training (50 points on any difficulty), and completing the game (150 for any difficulty, an extra 200 for Hardened or Veteran).
Some players have reported instances of progress through the game being lost. These reports arose in connection with a player logging into, or changing, his/her Profile after launching the game.

We have developed an update to resolve this issue.

If you have experienced this issue:

Launch the game, and connect to Xbox Live. A prompt will appear on the main menu that states: "An update is available for this game. Do you want to download it?" Select Yes, and the update will download. Do not turn off your system while this happens.

NOTE: This update does not restore lost save games or achievements. It only prevents the issue from occuring again. If you continue to experience this issue, you will need to start a new campaign.
I was pretty sure when I launched COD2 to re-start the campaign it did it's thing to update before I started. I'll try one of the British campaign missions tonight to see what it does. I'll also give them kudos for a quick response.
Old 04-17-06, 01:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Time to ressurect this thread because I finally picked up a used copy of this game for the XBox 360.

My main question is, if I have 4 people in my living room wanting to play this, can we all get on XBox Live and play against other players, just like Halo 2? The guide doesn't seem very clear on this and I have tried different ways of getting 4 people onto XBox Live for this game.

Also, when playing against the computer A.I. is it only a single player game or can 2 to 4 people play against the A.I. as a team?

Or is multiplayer the only way for more than 1 person to play? What if we all pick the American side, does that mean we don't have a viable game?

Thanx for your answers, Chris
Old 04-17-06, 01:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Since it was resurrected, I'll ask a different question. I'm playing on veteran and haven't played any of the other difficulties. I just completed the Russian missions, are the US/UK missions easier or harder? I'm playing the first UK mission and I'm completely stuck not too far in. I'm climbing out of a bunker and there's an enemy staring at my exit point with a mounted gun. I can climb over to the ditch, but from there if I go left it's a mine field and going right takes me right to the guy with the gun. Totally stuck, too frustrated to try again, maybe in a few days.
Old 04-17-06, 01:47 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Location: Austin, Texas XboxLIVE Gamertag: Golucky Timezone: Central (CST)
I'll just comment that I'm having a ton of fun with COD2 online since the patch!
Old 04-17-06, 01:56 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by bravesmg
Since it was resurrected, I'll ask a different question. I'm playing on veteran and haven't played any of the other difficulties. I just completed the Russian missions, are the US/UK missions easier or harder? I'm playing the first UK mission and I'm completely stuck not too far in. I'm climbing out of a bunker and there's an enemy staring at my exit point with a mounted gun. I can climb over to the ditch, but from there if I go left it's a mine field and going right takes me right to the guy with the gun. Totally stuck, too frustrated to try again, maybe in a few days.
Smoke grenades are your best friend when trying to flank MG42's.
Old 04-17-06, 01:57 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by goLUCKY
I'll just comment that I'm having a ton of fun with COD2 online since the patch!
Not when you have a ping count of 240 and everyone else has less than 100.

Old 04-17-06, 03:06 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Everytime I go to play a ranked match I see that text prompting me to "improve my TrueSkill rating". However I have no idea what that is, or where to find it. I figure that it was an idea that must have gotten abandoned or something when they put in the patch. Can anybody shed some more light on this? I'm only asking because I wish that there were leaderboards of some type for this game seeing as it is the only one I'm decent at. Thanks.
Old 04-17-06, 03:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by bravesmg
They're all pretty hard on veteran but it's the house clearing mission on the U.S. levels that will kick your ass. Then to top it off you get the next hardest part right after that, sniping mortars from the silo. Defending the beachhead from swarms of Jerries is another tough one.

As far as that MG42 facing you, if you don't have any frag or smoke grenades, either see if you can edge up to sight it by crawling and be quick with a rifle (machine guns are too inaccurate to get these guys from a distance). You're gonna be facing a lot of these bastards in the coming missions.
Old 04-17-06, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by goLUCKY

I second that!!!
Old 04-17-06, 03:12 PM

[wonders to himself] I wonder how long it will be before someone answers my easy to answer questions! [/wonders to himself]

Chris
Old 04-17-06, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by mrpayroll
[wonders to himself] I wonder how long it will be before someone answers my easy to answer questions! [/wonders to himself]

Chris
You won't get an answer... I only know about Call of Duty 2 on PC, not 360.
Old 04-17-06, 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by McHawkson
You won't get an answer... I only know about Call of Duty 2 on PC, not 360.
Well I know that this is not a specific XBox 360 Call of Duty 2 thread, but hopefully with the hundreds of thousands of buyers of the 360 version, of which there are maybe 10 that post here, that someone can answer my question!

Chris
Old 04-17-06, 04:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Chris
Sorry to piggyback more questions after your pulling the thread back to life, but suffice to say I cannot answer any of your questions

Hopefully somebody with more online knowledge can help you out.
Old 04-17-06, 04:57 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Time to ressurect this thread because I finally picked up a used copy of this game for the XBox 360.

My main question is, if I have 4 people in my living room wanting to play this, can we all get on XBox Live and play against other players, just like Halo 2? The guide doesn't seem very clear on this and I have tried different ways of getting 4 people onto XBox Live for this game.

Also, when playing against the computer A.I. is it only a single player game or can 2 to 4 people play against the A.I. as a team?

Or is multiplayer the only way for more than 1 person to play? What if we all pick the American side, does that mean we don't have a viable game?

I'm pretty sure that you can't play the single player game with a team. And like you said, multiplayer is the only way to go if you want to play with a buddy. I'm not sure however if you can get more then one person on live. I'll have to leave that one for someone who knows more about that kind of stuff.
Old 04-17-06, 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by Eric D.
I'm pretty sure that you can't play the single player game with a team. And like you said, multiplayer is the only way to go if you want to play with a buddy. I'm not sure however if you can get more then one person on live. I'll have to leave that one for someone who knows more about that kind of stuff.
We're getting closer to finding out the truth!

Chris
Old 04-17-06, 06:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

While i can't answer definatively after playing around with it some this afternoon here are the answers as i can puzzle them out.

1. Can't log in guests like in Halo 2 so buddies sitting next to you playing online with you.

2. 2-4 people can't just play against the AI. This is the one feature that bums me out when games don't allow a decent co-op or just fight against the AI.

3. If you are all online and pick the same side, you don't have anything to do until someone joins the opposite side.
Old 04-17-06, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by xmiyux
While i can't answer definatively after playing around with it some this afternoon here are the answers as i can puzzle them out.

1. Can't log in guests like in Halo 2 so buddies sitting next to you playing online with you.

2. 2-4 people can't just play against the AI. This is the one feature that bums me out when games don't allow a decent co-op or just fight against the AI.

3. If you are all online and pick the same side, you don't have anything to do until someone joins the opposite side.
Thank you!

Chris
Old 04-17-06, 07:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by xmiyux
That's only one disadvantage for console online game... To my experience with PC COD when I was in control of clan with our own servers (yes, we had 3 servers), I had to set up the confirguation to force anyone to pick a team to balance the team or encouraged them to use auto-assign team.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.