Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Soul Calibur II Rocks!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-03, 02:24 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
I'm sorry but after a few hours of playing I found myself getting bored. I remember playing SC when the Dreamcast first came out..I was up all night with my bro playing it. We had a blast. I didn't have that same feeling after playing with SC2. Yeah it's pretty to look at and all but the 'fun' factor for me just isn't there...then again SC was the last fighting game I purchased before this one, so you could say I'm not big on games of the fighting genre. I'm not in anyway saying this is a bad fighting game cause I know most of you love it.....I just didn't find it worth my $50.

I will be taking it back tonight and exchanging it for Otogi. Anyone else pick this title up? I played the demo on the OXM disc and thoroughly enjoyed it.
Old 08-29-03, 02:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 234 Likes on 167 Posts
I wonder how MS would feel knowing their SCII XBOX disc demo sold me on the GC SCII game

I am loving this. First time I have to map controls on notepad, though.
Old 08-29-03, 06:39 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Kromax
What so funny? Man I still suck at this demo I just can't win worth a **** I have to fight that odd bondage dude like 8 times before I beat him. I mean I suck more then a hooker on a Friday night god I'm losing so bad and fast I'm not having fun they will knock me down and hit me so many times all my life is gone before I get the hell up. This crap is so hard to me I'm not having fun playing it.
Old 08-30-03, 12:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Okay.. I just have this to say:

5.1 sound in this game is FREAKIN NICE!
and why is EVERY female in this game obnoxious?
Old 08-30-03, 12:55 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Originally posted by GatorDeb
Ok I freaking hate this game. I just spent the last 10 minutes trying to do a B button attack. I finally looked at the controls and to do a B attack you have to press Y. Now tell me in which universe that makes sense

Loving this game!
I would assume it is to change stance. characters have different moves depending on different stance they are in. this is part of what makes it difficult to master, but easy to play.

as for the shirt.. Link nude isn't something many gamers are looking for.
Old 08-30-03, 08:43 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by TOPDAWG
What so funny? Man I still suck at this demo I just can't win worth a **** I have to fight that odd bondage dude like 8 times before I beat him. I mean I suck more then a hooker on a Friday night god I'm losing so bad and fast I'm not having fun they will knock me down and hit me so many times all my life is gone before I get the hell up. This crap is so hard to me I'm not having fun playing it.
Bro, I wasn't laughing at the substance, merely the form. You said that you got your ass HEADED to you. I think you meant handed, but headed was funny.
Old 08-30-03, 04:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by GatorDeb
Ok I freaking hate this game. I just spent the last 10 minutes trying to do a B button attack. I finally looked at the controls and to do a B attack you have to press Y. Now tell me in which universe that makes sense

Loving this game!
HAHHA! Me too! I was like "I AM PUSHING B!!!!!!" :-) Great game and it looks stunning!

Sam
Old 08-30-03, 10:36 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

This game rules!

I've gone through Weapon Master mode once and unlocked, Cervantes, Seung Mina, Charade, and Yoshimitsu.

Does anyone know how to get Lizardman, Inferno, Assassin, and Beserker?

Anyone?! MUST...COMPLETE...COLLECTION...

Thanks.
Old 08-30-03, 11:04 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
It's in the second wave of Weapon Master mode. pretty much in the same places where seung mina, cervantes, charade, and yshinitsu where at. great game. Almost got all the weapons myself.
Old 08-30-03, 11:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

This game definitely rocks. It made me go buy Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution. Both games are awesome.
Old 08-31-03, 02:07 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,207 Likes on 4,234 Posts
How quickly you change your tune on fighting games, Deb!
I'm still waiting for my KB toys order to ship

Now you need to complete the trifecta with DOA 3. It's a PH title so you can get it for $14.99 with the coupon in the summer game guide from BB. Don't forget to pick up the "booster disc", Exhibition #1. They still had some in stock last Wed at the BB at Lake Mead and Rainbow (Best in the West). They're $1.99, or free if you use a gamer coupon. Gives you extra costumes and such.

Enjoy!
Old 08-31-03, 08:10 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,884 Likes on 1,239 Posts
Originally posted by Abranut
Does anyone know how to get Lizardman, Inferno, Assassin, and Beserker?
I've unlocked all but the characters you've mentioned too. Dunno about Inferno (I'm tempted to say he's not unlockable), but you get the other three while playing through the extra missions on Weapons Mode.

According to http://www.gamewinners.com/xbox/SoulCalibur2.htm :

To unlock Assassin, you must already have weapon master mode completed once. In chapter 8, complete the stage "Crystal Mine", in both the extra and normal missions. This will open up a path to sub-chapter 3. The second mission in sub-chapter 3 is called "Castle Of The Damned". Since you hav already completed the game once, you will have an extra mission for "Castle Of The Damned", in which your opponents are faster. You must defeat the enemies, who are (in this order): Voldo, Ivy, Yoshimitsu, Taki, and Assassin. Complete the level to unlock Assassin. He is available in all two player modes except for arcade and extra arcade. He is also available in practice and extra practice modes. Assassin has six costumes to choose from, and some of the best combo and juggling moves in the game.
Successfully complete all 10 chapters, then replay sub chapter 1. This should be a dungeon where you fight lots of berserkers. Defeat the Boss to unlock Berserker in all modes except weapon master mode.
Successfully complete sub-chapter 2 in weapon master mode. Lizardman will only be available in two player team battle mode, versus mode, extra versus mode, and basically any mode that involves two players. The only single player mode he is in is practice mode. Lizardman does not have a move list, but most of his grapple moves are similar to Nightmare's.
Old 08-31-03, 10:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Decker
How quickly you change your tune on fighting games, Deb!
I'm still waiting for my KB toys order to ship

Now you need to complete the trifecta with DOA 3. It's a PH title so you can get it for $14.99 with the coupon in the summer game guide from BB. Don't forget to pick up the "booster disc", Exhibition #1. They still had some in stock last Wed at the BB at Lake Mead and Rainbow (Best in the West). They're $1.99, or free if you use a gamer coupon. Gives you extra costumes and such.

Enjoy!
Well, DOA3 had actually been my only exposure to fighting games and I didn't like it because I lost. As I've said before, I suck at games but love playing them, so the Action Replay levels the field. I won't be getting DOA3 unless the XBOX gets a cheating device (and no, the AR for XBOX is just to transfer saves, so that's not a cheating device).

I AM thinking of getting Tekken Tag and Tekken 4 once they reach the $15-$30 range (which they may be already, I haven't priced them yet).

I did pick up the demo discs 1 and 2 for $1.99 each Lake Mead and Rainbow is the one I go to since I'm live less than 10 mins North of BBuy on Rainbow. Disc 3 rang at $4.99 so I left it.
Old 08-31-03, 11:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Tekken Tag Tournament is $15. I'll be picking that up. Tekken 4 is $25. I'll be waiting for that one to drop another $10 before picking it up, if at all. The concensus seems to be that Tekken Tag is the better game.

NOW I understand what the whole Heihachi thing is about

So far I think the best fighter for the PS2 is definitely VF4:Evo, and the best fighter for the GC is hands down Soul Calibur II.

I haven't played Tekken yet so I may change my mind, but so far I think including Jacky from VF would have a better exclusive character for SCII PS2.

Last edited by GatorDeb; 08-31-03 at 11:49 AM.
Old 08-31-03, 01:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 404 Likes on 304 Posts
Tekken Tag is not better then Tekken 4, trust me

I got rid of Tag a week after buying it.
Old 09-01-03, 08:19 AM
Banned

OK I need some help in the game. OK when I get knocked down by the computer it will hit me like 5 more times before I even get up and by then %80 of my health is gone how the hell do you block while your in the ground getting up? I mean I'm getting killed right and lift in master quist cause of this crap. I try and hold block but it does not seem to work when you're on the floor and I try and get up fast but I'm almost dead by the time I make it. Sometimes I get knocked down with full health and I don't even make it back up cause I'm killed with a damn ground juggle combo.

OK here is what happened when I was playing this morning I got knocked down with the first hit the guy got on me then he did a power move and knocked the **** out of me then he just bounced me like a damn ball and killed me I never even got a shot to get up. I mean geez I don't mind something being hard but it's just making me feel like the game is getting cheap to rise the skill level.

HMMM after playing some more it seems the computer can get up just fine unlike me. The computer will get up and hit me as they getting up yet I can't do this crap on them. Like WTF I'm I doing wrong!? I sure hope I can find a way to do this cause the game is just feeling cheap to me now with this crap. For the Love of God and everything good in the world someone damn help me here.

Last edited by TOPDAWG; 09-01-03 at 10:52 AM.
Old 09-01-03, 01:42 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

You can indeed attack from the ground while getting up. you just have to find out the move for the character.

as for being attacked on the ground. best advice is to roll out of it to the sides and get up as soon as possible. you are playing master quest so the difficulty level might be extremely high.
Old 09-01-03, 02:44 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I need help with one mission in Chapter 6, Crytomeria Ridge. The mission says "Guard Impact against the enemy's attacks." What is that? Thanks.

Ryan
Old 09-01-03, 03:09 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

press guard and then the direction of the attack that is coming at you when it is about to hit. It creates a green spark and leaves them open for a few seconds.
Old 09-01-03, 03:12 PM
Banned

Originally posted by deadlax
I need help with one mission in Chapter 6, Crytomeria Ridge. The mission says "Guard Impact against the enemy's attacks." What is that? Thanks.

Ryan
Far as I know that is something you learned in the first training master quist just do that again and it will teach ya how to do it. I myself can't do it during a fight to save my damn life. I think you just hit guard and push towards the person or away I'm not sure truth be told. So you hit B and -> or <- as the person is about to hit ya and you will smack the attack away and gives you a opening to attack them. I'm not sure if you have to push forward towards them or away form them.

Guard Break: Some moves have properties called Guard Breaks. A
Guard Break occurs when a move successfully hits his/her opponent, which then knocks their weapon out of the way, leaving them completely vulnerable for another attack. The only way to counter this is to use a Guard Impact on an impending attack.
Old 09-01-03, 10:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

This game kicks ass. I'm becoming a Voldo master, that guy has some sweet animation and extremely unpredictable range, his ranged attacks are really quick and explosive. He must be a pain in the ass to fight against in 2 player with someone who knows what they're doing. Second choice: Rapheal with the heavier sword: he's good for an aggressive style and has serious speed.

The game looks a little better than the original DC version, but it's not the quantum leep that SC was over Soul Blade.

DOA3 is still the fighting game with the best graphics on any system. Too bad it's not a better game...

Last edited by Hiro11; 09-01-03 at 10:32 PM.
Old 09-01-03, 10:35 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Actually, I know a guy named Chops who I've played with along with zero. this guy is a nightmare with Voldo. won first place at E3's tourny with Voldo. Used right he could be a pretty unstoppable character.
Old 09-01-03, 10:56 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I hate playing against both Voldo and Ivy. They are quick with long range. Very hard to defend against. I personally like Mitsurugi and Link with the Staff.

Does anyone else find it near impossible to use the control pad (directional) in the game. Why they decided to use that as some extra set of buttons is beyond me. Analog and guard should do the guard counter. My one complaint about the game.

Peace.
Old 09-02-03, 12:21 AM

originally posted by deadlax
I hate playing against both Voldo and Ivy. They are quick with long range. Very hard to defend against. I personally like Mitsurugi and Link with the Staff.

Does anyone else find it near impossible to use the control pad (directional) in the game. Why they decided to use that as some extra set of buttons is beyond me. Analog and guard should do the guard counter. My one complaint about the game.

Peace.
Eh? Which version are you playing? Analog stick and Guard does the guard impact on GC.
Old 09-02-03, 03:47 AM
Banned

Man this game is pissing me off like no tomorrow. I'm pretty damn far into master mode and some of the crap is just cheap. It makes me mad that the computer does not have to follow the same rules as you do to me that is BS. Also I'm sick of getting knocked down and never even hiving a shot to get back up I tried to roll to the side but it does not work. Namco better learn while the computer can react in a heart beat I can't my fingers only move so fast.

Before it was like oh cool I find a way to beat some of the master stuff cause I'm getting better at the game. Now I feel like I beat that mission cause I was damn lucky. Allot of the missions don't take any skill to beat but luck to beat them. I don't like the fact no meter how many levels I'm at I'm at 37 so you know the computer still seems to do just as much damage to me so WTF is the point of hiving the level up system!? I also want back to the first set of quests and I still lose just as much health as when I was level 5. This crap is just pissing me off and ruining the game for me. The computer is doing 3 times as much damage on me as I can them that is getting old real damn fast and like I said sometimes when I get knocked down I can't recover and I don't see how you could do it yet the computer does it fine and can jump out of the way of my stakes lift and right.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.