Soul Calibur II Rocks!!!

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Soul Calibur II Rocks!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-03, 09:25 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Under the Star of Destiny
2 History Unfolds
3 Unwavering Resolve
4 Guided by Wind
5 Evil Reborn
6 Raise Thy Sword
7 Brave Sword, Braver Soul
8 Chasing Death
9 Destiny Awaits No One
10 No Turning Back
11 Eternal Struggle
12 Hubris
13 Confrontation
14 Sword of the Patriot
15 Ordinary Pain
16 If There Were Any Other Way
17 Nothing to Lose
18 Hellfire
19 Healing Winds
20 Tales of Souls and Swords
21 Quest for Glory
22 Windshadow
23 Maze of the Blade
24 Labyrinth of Moonlight
25 Whispers of the Sword
26 Path of Destiny
27 Healing Winds- Reprise
28 Hubris- Reprise

Lets see if I didn't double post one of them. these I assume will be the 5 tracks.

the noble blade
the battle ends
slave and desire
the burning soul
the journey continues
Old 09-12-03, 10:33 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by GatorDeb
Ok, I played the XBOX demo and got hooked on this game.

Does anyone know if this will become a Platinum hit in 6-7 months? If it falls to $19.99 I can wait to buy it. Right now I can get it for $39.99 plus tax and get a free shirt, so I don't know if this is a great deal now and also a few months from now.

The thing is, I don't have to have it NOW, but I remember paying $40 for Zelda used and kicking myself that I didn't buy it for $50 new with the extra disc.

So buy now or later?
Deb...about a month ago, the Best Buy at Charleston and 215 was selling the Zelda bonus disc for 10 or 15 dollars (can't remember which). They didn't have it out though...you had to ask for it.
Old 09-13-03, 02:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 234 Likes on 167 Posts
Thanks, I'll call tomorrow! It took me a second or two to realize you meant the new BBuy where my sister lives

What's the GDR for?

Another Vegan! We can hold Soul Calibur 3-player tourneys now! And Dance Dance Revolution contests once my pad gets here later this month
Old 09-13-03, 07:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Has anyone unlocked a "Extra Vs. Mode", where you can use your acquired weapons against your friends?

I think i have Versus Team (extra), but I want the normal version. Does it even exist?
Old 09-13-03, 09:01 PM

Originally posted by Abranut
Has anyone unlocked a "Extra Vs. Mode", where you can use your acquired weapons against your friends?

I think i have Versus Team (extra), but I want the normal version. Does it even exist?
Beat Extra Arcade once.
Old 09-13-03, 10:30 PM
Doctorwho

Does anyone else think this game is way to easy. And I dont mean pressing the same button easy, but in story/ battle mode its really easy to beat. it was the same way with sc2.

And I know its mostly for multiplayer, but still...
Old 09-14-03, 01:11 AM

Originally posted by Galanthas
Beat Extra Arcade once.
Thanks!

How about Lizard Man and Inferno?
Old 09-14-03, 02:41 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Lizard man is a matter of reaching lvl 72 in weapon master mode and beating the map given then.
Old 09-14-03, 02:18 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Arggghhhh!! My thumb has a big freaking blister from playing this game and i can't stop playing this game.
Old 09-14-03, 04:41 PM

Originally posted by Jackskeleton
Lizard man is a matter of reaching lvl 72 in weapon master mode and beating the map given then.
Got him, thanks Jack!

edit: Just to clear this up for the other folks, you have to be at least level 72, then beat Chapter 4 stage 3, which will open up a new subchapter. Defeat the subchapter to get Lizardman.
Old 09-14-03, 06:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Doctorwho
in story/ battle mode its really easy to beat. it was the same way with sc2.
Isnt this about sc2?
Old 09-19-03, 10:58 PM
Retired

Finally found one gripe with the game.

It's hella lame that Beserker, Assasin (and I"m guessing Lizardman as I haven't gotten him yet) can't be used in every monde.

I'm playing solo, and was pissed as hell that it had said I'd unlocked assassin and Beserker, yet they weren't selectable in arcade or weapon master mode. I thought it was a glitch or something until I checked Gamefaqs to see what the deal was.

WTF the point of unlocking characters I can't use in the main single player modes as I have no one to play multiplayer with rightnow?

Lame game design.
Old 09-20-03, 01:21 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

the point is to have them to play VS someone. in all, they are just gimmick characters, slightly altered models of other characters and maybe they threw them in at last minute and could not throw in the story behind them. they need an ending you realize.
Old 09-20-03, 08:19 AM
Retired

I realize the reasoning. It's still lame. All the stories are pretty simplistic. It's not like it would have taken them any time to come up with three more. Just decide whether they want Soul Edge for themselves or to destroy it, through a lame little back story in there and it would be all set.

I'm really just pissed about Assassin, as I liked Hwang (or whatever his name was) in the original.
Old 09-20-03, 09:17 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,946 Likes on 1,506 Posts
Ah, but it's just a bonus anyway. They'd have to come up with the new storyboards, which wouldn't take too much time, but the characters are basically ciphers anyway. Otherwise, they would've put in Hwang, Rock, etc. for real. Besides, it's something we get that the Japanese release didn't have (as I understand it, they still got to play against all three bonus characters, but never as them)
Old 09-20-03, 09:31 AM
Retired

I know it's a bonus, I was just looking forward to using them and it was the main reason I was playing through Weapon Master mode (which I don't find all that fun). So it's lame that I, not having any one to play with, won't get to use them much.
Old 09-20-03, 11:55 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

You can still play as them, just not in single player story mode. It's pretty funny to see someone complaining that they have a fighting game and no one to play with. the would also have to set up the second to the last battle for them both and have the other character they meet to react. it would have taken more time and you can play with them so to complain about it just because you dont play in those modes is sort of a moot point.
Old 09-20-03, 12:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I thought fighting games were multi-player?
Old 09-20-03, 03:37 PM
Retired

Whatever guys. I said it was a minor gripe. Enough to knock the game down from a 10 to a 9.5 in my eyes, so really no big deal. It's still a great game. Still, $43 is a lot of money to me, so I have a right to bitch.

I go to a grad school, in which my department is over 80% girls, so it's tough to find people to game with, not to mention I generally don't get along with hardcore gamer types to begin with. The few guy friends I have up here are only into sports games, and when I hang out with them we usually have things we'd all rather do than sit at home and play games (like bar hop).

Not to mention that I prefer playing games by myself anyway. Games are more something for me to do when I'm stuck at home by myself. They're not in my top 5 "hobbies" to begin with, much less when I'm haninging out with other people. Not that there's anything wrong with people who's favorite pastime is gaming, that's just not my bag.

Thus, for me personally, it's a huge let down to not be able to use them in the arcade or story mode, as that's the only two single player modes I like, and it will be few and far between when I play multiplayer.
Old 09-22-03, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

IMHO if a person doesn't plan on playing a fighting game competitively and consistently with other people, then he should reconsider buying fighting games. Fortunately I have friends who like playing SC2, but if I didn't, I would never buy the game for single player.
Old 09-22-03, 12:44 PM
Retired

Well, that's your opinions. I have plenty of fun playing the computer, enough to justify the $. I'd love to have some friends that love fighters (had a blast with Tekken 3 in the dorms) but I'm a big enough fan of the genre to enjoy playing the computer. I just wish I could use the all the characters in the single player mode.
Old 09-22-03, 09:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: Where the sky is always Carolina Blue! (Currently VA - again...)
Originally posted by Josh Hinkle
Well, that's your opinions. I have plenty of fun playing the computer, enough to justify the $. I'd love to have some friends that love fighters (had a blast with Tekken 3 in the dorms) but I'm a big enough fan of the genre to enjoy playing the computer. I just wish I could use the all the characters in the single player mode.
I'm in total agreement. I beat the game a number of times with different characters, played through most of the weapon master mode then sold it. I'll use the cash and gift card to pick up Otogi. I'll get SC2 again down the road sometime, it's fun in single player, but I'd rather play with someone else - nobody right now, or play a single player only game.
Old 09-25-03, 10:23 PM
dgc

I just got SC2 for the xbox. With 720p, is the game suppose to fill my widescreen HDTV?

Or is it 720p at a 4:3 ratio?!?!

I've got the component cables and my xbox set to widescreen 480p, 720p, 1080i.
Old 09-25-03, 11:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

720p is 4:3. I have no Idea why this was done.
480p is 16:9 and fills my entire 65" HDTV progressive.