DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   Soul Calibur II Rocks!!! (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/313864-soul-calibur-ii-rocks.html)

vhgong 08-26-03 10:56 PM

Soul Calibur II Rocks!!!

Got my copy of SC2 for the Xbox today and it rocks!!
Graphics is great, gameplay is excellent but only the sound is the one lacking. Personally i think it really doesn't matter which console you play on, this game is almost perfect. Load times on the XBox is really fast. Although if you have an Xbox, i think you should go for it but nevertherless, this is one game that should be in every fighting fan's collection. In conclusion, i think i would give it only a 9/10 only due to the fact that the sound could be better.

Jackskeleton 08-27-03 01:00 AM

Cool that you got it.

Man, if only I started a thread way back in the day to take all these threads.. oh wait, I did. ;)

evenflow 08-27-03 01:02 AM

Re: Soul Calibur II Rocks!!!

Originally posted by vhgong
Soul Calibur II Rocks!!!
Captain Obvious to the rescue. ;)

PalmerJoss 08-27-03 07:08 AM

Man I cannot wait to get the full version of this. I have the Xbox demo and it is frickin amazing. I have to wait until payday so I can pick up my copy. :(

Giantrobo 08-27-03 07:22 AM

What's the big deal with this game?

Did I see Spawn as one of the characters? What's that about?

PixyJunket 08-27-03 07:27 AM

Can you cut Sueng Mina's head off in this one? I've been waiting for that since the first game.

PalmerJoss 08-27-03 07:32 AM

Originally posted by Giantrobo
What's the big deal with this game?

Did I see Spawn as one of the characters? What's that about?

Each console has 1 exclusive character. Here's how it breaks down:

Gamecube--Link from Legend of Zelda
XBox--Spawn
PS2--Heihachi from the Tekken series

As for what's the big deal? Just play it and you'll see what the big deal is. I still have the original for Dreamcast and it is still one of the best fighters I've ever played.

Giantrobo 08-27-03 07:50 AM

ok , fair enough.

mtucker 08-27-03 07:53 AM

Indeed, Soul Caliber was the only 3D fighter I've ever been able to play. I'm looking forward to playing this newest installment.

claweight 08-27-03 08:02 AM

i'm going friday morning to get my copy at cc and i can hardly wait!

pixyjunket, i too would like the option of cutting off sueng mina's head!

kaiyouske 08-27-03 11:55 AM

What's up with all the Seung Mina hating? -.-

TOPDAWG 08-27-03 12:27 PM

I played the demo of it on the last OXM demo disk and I just could not get into it. I loved the one on DC but something just did not feel right when playing that demo. Does it play better then the demo version? I got no idea why I hated that demo something just did not feel right about it.

Gideon68 08-27-03 12:33 PM

Originally posted by TOPDAWG
I played the demo of it on the last OXM demo disk and I just could not get into it. I loved the one on DC but something just did not feel right when playing that demo. Does it play better then the demo version? I got no idea why I hated that demo something just did not feel right about it.
I feel the same about the demo (X-BOX) but I loved both SoulBlade (PS) and Soul Calibur (DC), so I'll definitely be getting this. For some reason it didn't feel as comfortable playing the game with the X-Box controller but I guess I could get use to it.

PixyJunket 08-27-03 12:35 PM

Originally posted by kaiyouske
-.-
Is that morse code?

Sueng Mina is obnoxious. Blah. I liked slapping her around with Rock using the biggest hammer he had. Now Taki, there's a girl with some class.

Cyberock 08-27-03 12:41 PM

Re: Soul Calibur II Rocks!!!

Originally posted by vhgong
In conclusion, i think i would give it only a 9/10 only due to the fact that the sound could be better.
I think the sound is terrific. What's wrong with the sound? Are you playing it on a dolby digital 5.1 surround sound system? I am and I think it sounds great. I hear the wind in the back speakers and the sound just really seems to immerse me into the game. I really disagree with saying the sound isn't good.

PixyJunket 08-27-03 12:44 PM

Re: Re: Soul Calibur II Rocks!!!

Originally posted by Cyberock
I think the sound is terrific. What's wrong with the sound? Are you playing it on a dolby digital 5.1 surround sound system? I am and I think it sounds great. I hear the wind in the back speakers and the sound just really seems to immerse me into the game. I really disagree with saying the sound isn't good.
Maybe I missed it the other threads, but does the Xbox actually have full 5.1? Or are we just getting Dolby Surround?

Jackskeleton 08-27-03 03:04 PM

Soo.. what # is your Link Litho if you got the GC version? mine is 85. :)

Giantrobo 08-27-03 03:35 PM

Re: Re: Re: Soul Calibur II Rocks!!!

Originally posted by PixyJunket
Maybe I missed it the other threads, but does the Xbox actually have full 5.1? Or are we just getting Dolby Surround?
XBOX FULLY supports DD 5.1.

However, it really depends on how well the game maker sets it up on the game. I have some really great 5.1 games like HALO, GHOST RECON, and MECHASSAULT and some not so good 5.1 games like BLOORAYNE where the sound is hollow and not very well executed.

Adam Tyner 08-27-03 03:47 PM

...has 5.1 if you use the optical cable and have a receiver that supports it, at least. The DD 5.1 indicator always pops up on my receiver whenever I play XBox, whereas it depends with DVDs.

Cyberock 08-27-03 03:52 PM

The game does support 5.1 unlike the PS2 and Cube version which is only Doby Prologic II.

Another bonus on the Xbox version is the support of 720p compared to only 480p on Cube and I believe 480p ( I did read somewhere 525p so I'm not sure) on PS2. The game looks amazing on my HDTV.

SpaceBoy 08-27-03 04:18 PM

Originally posted by Jackskeleton
Soo.. what # is your Link Litho if you got the GC version? mine is 85. :)
What are you talking about?

joltaddict 08-27-03 04:56 PM

Now Taki, there's a girl with some class.
Damn you are a serious dweeb. :lol:

kaiyouske 08-27-03 05:14 PM

Is that morse code?

Sueng Mina is obnoxious. Blah. I liked slapping her around with Rock using the biggest hammer he had. Now Taki, there's a girl with some class.

Morse code? Nah, it's a face. See? -.- or -_- ;p Anyways, taki? Sure I guess I can use her....when I wanna see 2 water balloons bouncing around.... ;p

Jackskeleton 08-27-03 06:58 PM

Originally posted by SpaceBoy
What are you talking about?

Link lithograph that came with EB preorder of the GC version. they are numbered on the back.

TOPDAWG 08-27-03 07:49 PM

Originally posted by Gideon68
I feel the same about the demo (X-BOX) but I loved both SoulBlade (PS) and Soul Calibur (DC), so I'll definitely be getting this. For some reason it didn't feel as comfortable playing the game with the X-Box controller but I guess I could get use to it.

HMM well I got no porb with the control it was the game play something about it just did not feel right to me. Maybe it was cause I'm just not good at the game now like I was on the DC I mean I was getting my ass headed to me really bad. They may also have changed the speed or something just something about the game play did not feel right I did not like that girl she was to fast moving and nightmare is god damn slow as **** now so he was hard to use I will rent the full game and I hope when I play it more and get deeper into it and used to the speed changes I'll like it as much as the one on DC. I do wish thay would bring back the in-game movies that was on the PSX game.