Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Survivor Season 39 Full Cast Revealed

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-19, 06:17 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 217 Likes on 192 Posts
Re: Survivor Season 39 Full Cast Revealed

I was "yelling" at Kellee to play her idol, since she had two. Then later Janet played an idol that she didn't need to. I can understand the hesitancy, -you just have to be aware of your situation.
Old 11-14-19, 08:12 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It’s getting to be a cringeworthy season, with every episode becoming a ‘teachable’ moment for CBS.

Survivor Snowflake Season - everyone is a victim and CBS will let you know which one you are. We don’t need to be lectured on racism, bullying, women’s rights, ‘’me too’,.. just play the game.

Maybe next episode someone finds a gun in a hole in a tree, and everyone can sit around tribal and discuss ‘gun violence’.
Old 11-14-19, 12:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by DWilson
I was "yelling" at Kellee to play her idol, since she had two. Then later Janet played an idol that she didn't need to. I can understand the hesitancy, -you just have to be aware of your situation.
Three idols basically thrown away in one episode. Just shows how trivial they have become. Never fear, another handful will be 'found' next week.
Old 11-14-19, 01:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

Didn't Janet just expose herself to her tribemates without their consent last week?
Old 11-14-19, 04:45 PM

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by AaronHernandez
There is literally footage in episode 1 of Dan Biden being told by Kellee she feels uncomfortable with how touchy he is. I don't blame Janet for wanting to stick up for the women,I don't even blame some of them who exploited the situation to make Janet the villian.After all it's a game for $1Mill and all ethics and morals for some people go outside the window. To me this is on Production for not warning Dan a helluva lot earlier so this environment would never have contiued festering
Whats even more damning is Dan never seems to be touching or stroking the 'less attractive' girls. Why didn't we hear any stories from the little fat truck driver chick? Why is it the only women with 'Dan stories' are the ones with the best bodies?

It's possible the producers decided to edit out all the footage of him petting the little fat girl but I'm guessing it's because it never happened.

When a pervert like Dan shows a clear pattern of only having these incidents occur with the most attractive women in the group its pretty much a smoking gun.
I'm just amazed at how easily everyone bought into it when he was denying it and using his family and employees as cover.

The guy is slime and the three girls that used this as gameplay against Janet are no better than prostitutes. Way to set women's rights and the me too movement back ladies! And all to win a stupid reality TV game. It makes you wonder if they realize America is watching and what shitheads everyone will think they are.for doing that.
Old 11-15-19, 06:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 325 Likes on 243 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Needle
Poor Jamal was pretty hard done with this. First - as you point out - he would be a fool not to grab the note. Second, besides losing his vote he was basically coerced on the spot to come up with some "sabotage" hokery. It was a no-win situation. Given time to consider it I feel pretty confident he would have said "Pass." Now I don't think Jamal was in play to win and was probably getting voted out anyway, but the note was a kill shot.
Yes! The smartest thing Jamal could have done with that piece of paper is to give it right back to Rob. Just go back with nothing. Sure, you'd still have a target on you, but less so I would think.
Old 11-15-19, 12:55 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Did anyone get the feeling after the 2nd tribal that they didn't show all the footage? Like there is a lot more going on than the show is letting on? I felt like Jeff knows a lot more and was pretty pissed off at him, as in "We're well aware of what you did and we don't believe a word you're saying" type of thing
Old 11-15-19, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

They never show all the footage from tribal council. Reportedly, they can go up to 1-2 hours.
Old 11-16-19, 06:12 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

It looks like both Missy and Elizabeth are in full damage control mode:

Old 11-16-19, 08:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts

This season sponsored by:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/adPXDTvADD0" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 11-16-19, 12:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,748 Likes on 1,893 Posts

This whole thing makes Survivor and Mark Burnett look like sleazy as fuck.

Hard to tell what really happened out there since we're only seeing an edit (it's not like Big Brother where you have 24/7 live feeds), but if Dan was creeping on another castaway, they probably should have ejected him instead of using it to drum up drama for the viewing audience.
Old 11-18-19, 06:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
This whole thing makes Survivor and Mark Burnett look like sleazy as fuck.
Jeff Probst as well, but he has a slightly different story:

Probst quoted from the Hollywood Reporter:
Though it was revealed that those two women admitted that they exaggerated the claims in order to get Dan voted off. However, Footage of the questionable touching was caught on camera and was replayed. Although Kellee voiced sincere concern about Dan's lack of boundaries, he wasn't voted off immediatly. Meanwhile, after a blindside, she was sent packing after a vote to remove her from the island, as was her advocate Jamal Shipman. In light of the allegations, Survivor's producers spoke with each cast member separately, as well as with the group to ensure everyone felt safe enough to continue on the program. The cast felt that further interference from the producers was unneeded. The producers also served Dan with a warning about his behavior. Although he had initially disputed the claims that his behavior was anything less than honorable, he accepted the reprimand and told the producers he understood.
So Probst is saying that every cast member was talked to, but some cast members are saying they had no idea how bad things were. Someone isn't telling the truth.

Last edited by Shannon Nutt; 11-18-19 at 06:54 AM.
Old 11-18-19, 07:10 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

As is often the case, the truth is probably somewhere down the middle. Mind you, all this happened a while ago during filming, and now that it's being aired the context is different. Now there are direct accusations, and film that presents other angles, and there's not a game being played. We don't know if these talks mentioned specific situations and names, or they were like the yearly presentation you get from HR on Sexual Harassment in the workplace.
Old 11-18-19, 08:48 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by windom
They never show all the footage from tribal council. Reportedly, they can go up to 1-2 hours.
I meant the whole "Dan touching" stuff, not tribal. I feel like Jeff knew more than they're letting on because he seemed extremely pissed at Dan.
Old 11-18-19, 11:15 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts

I think it was pretty telling when Kellee said Dan groped her head/hair, then we see footage of Dan casually touching her hair to compare how it felt versus how she was describing it. It was totally innocent and not how Kellee described it. I think Dan is just touchy feely and Kellee and Liz over exaggerated how uncomfortable he made them feel to easily target him if they felt endangered game wise; basically weaponized metoo.
Old 11-18-19, 02:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Finisher
I think it was pretty telling when Kellee said Dan groped her head/hair, then we see footage of Dan casually touching her hair to compare how it felt versus how she was describing it. It was totally innocent and not how Kellee described it. I think Dan is just touchy feely and Kellee and Liz over exaggerated how uncomfortable he made them feel to easily target him if they felt endangered game wise; basically weaponized metoo.
Uh no. Kelley didn't say Dan groped her hair there, she said he touched her hair after she repeatedly told him that she didn't like being touched, all of which is confirmed by video. If that was the only time he touched her, she wouldn't have reacted the way she did, but it wasn't.

Elizabeth and Missy were the ones that were lying about it to get further in the game. Kelley's complaints were obviously legit.
Old 11-18-19, 02:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Jeremy517
Uh no. Kelley didn't say Dan groped her hair there, she said he touched her hair after she repeatedly told him that she didn't like being touched, all of which is confirmed by video. If that was the only time he touched her, she wouldn't have reacted the way she did, but it wasn't.

Elizabeth and Missy were the ones that were lying about it to get further in the game. Kelley's complaints were obviously legit.
If I cared more, I'd rewatch to hear her exact wording. She didn't like him touching her and he literally touched her but I didn't see any ill intent on his part. Just seems like a touchy feely idiot to me. If any lines were crossed I would think Kellee or anyone would've spoken up at tribal to clear the air when Jeff kept bringing it up.
Old 11-18-19, 03:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 194 Likes on 156 Posts

I was enjoying this season and many of the players. The first hour irritated me so much that I didn't watch the second hour, which upon reading afterwards I understand is worse. I cannot stomach the thought of watching any of these players who can win getting rewarded so I'm out this season. After the Edge of Extinction thematic disaster last year, this means I am close as I have ever been to dropping this show for good.
Old 11-18-19, 04:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts

If I cared more, I'd rewatch to hear her exact wording. She didn't like him touching her and he literally touched her but I didn't see any ill intent on his part. Just seems like a touchy feely idiot to me.
You're talking like the hair thing was the only incident, but it wasn't. It started in the first episode of the season and hasn't stopped since. He kissed Kellee on the head after she got back from Island even after she told him that she doesn't like to be touched. He touched people's toes. He touched people while they slept. He's a creep.
Old 11-20-19, 06:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 184 Likes on 127 Posts

So from last week's preview, this week:
Spoiler:
there's a double elimination.Sometimes that's a way for the show to get past a stretch where there are predictable vote-outs (with Karishma, Janet, and Noura on the chopping block).

My enthusiasm for this season is effectively dashed. I'll probably let it sit on the DVR (maybe for multiple weeks) ... maybe spoiling myself a little just to hear if its worth continuing. I just don't want to see most of these people. I won't be able to stomach a Dan/Missy/Liz/Aaron post-tribal celebration.
Old 11-20-19, 10:13 PM

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts

Well, your wish has been granted since 2 of the 4 people you mention got voted out.

Got to hand it to this show...they still manage to surprise you, I did not expect this episode to go the way it did at all.

Not sure what the point of Boston Rob and Sandra are at this point. They don't even visit them for several episodes and then show them only to serve as a 'Greek chorus' voicing what the TV viewers are probably already thinking in their heads. What was Probst thinking with this?
Old 11-21-19, 01:30 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

I like how Missy was telling Tommy that she wasnt coming after him even though only the two of them had votes. Yeah Missy wrote her own name down and didnt vote for Tommy at all.
Old 11-21-19, 06:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

So glad Missy is gone...she was annoying as hell.

Can the producers just admit that they plant idols for people that need them? I mean this has been going on for a long time on the show, but it was never more obvious as it was with Karishma - who wasn't even out LOOKING for an idol.
Old 11-21-19, 07:57 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt
So glad Missy is gone...she was annoying as hell.

Can the producers just admit that they plant idols for people that need them? I mean this has been going on for a long time on the show, but it was never more obvious as it was with Karishma - who wasn't even out LOOKING for an idol.
Yeah Missy got on my nerves at tribal. I bet she was like that at camp and they just didn't show it.

Karishma was gone an hour and only had two coconuts, so I'm sure she was looking. Just very slowly and lazily.

This show is such trash now. They need to throw a blank check at the people who produce MTV'S Challenge and let them try to fix it.
Old 11-21-19, 08:46 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yeah Missy got on my nerves at tribal. I bet she was like that at camp and they just didn't show it.

Karishma was gone an hour and only had two coconuts, so I'm sure she was looking. Just very slowly and lazily.

This show is such trash now. They need to throw a blank check at the people who produce MTV'S Challenge and let them try to fix it.
Contestants blame the editing, but I think you get a pretty decent sketch of what a person is like; I'm sure we got a pretty good picture last night of what both Missy and Karishma are like most of the time.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.