TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Survivor Season 39 Full Cast Revealed

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-19, 08:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts
Re: Survivor Season 39 Full Cast Revealed

Originally Posted by DWilson
Some unusual editing choices in this episode. The scene with Karishma cutting her hand seemed "off". She cuts her hand and then it gets worse and she's crumpled over and the tribe is either ignoring her or giving her the side-eye. And then in her narration she lifts up her hand, now professionally bandaged by the Med Team. It seems like some information was left out to paint a particular picture (or maybe not). Also, it seems odd that they ignored Vince's return from the island and what happened thereafter.
Yeah, it was weird with the hand. It seemed like no one knew that she cut her hand, but then again she seemed to only be a few feet away, so how could they not know. If they knew and were ignoring her, then what a lot of assholes.

Agreed on the Vince return. Those seem like they would be interesting conversations with their tribe, with potential for conflict. Maybe they didn't show it because nothing remarkable happened. You would at least think they would have asked about an idol and he would have had to lie about it.
Old 10-17-19, 11:32 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

Why did the tribe pick who went to Idol Island? Didn't the previous person (Vince?) pick a name out of a bag for Rob and Sandra?
Old 10-19-19, 01:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 194 Likes on 156 Posts

I think in a game where you are still playing for tribal immunity letting one tribe know the immunity game before the challenge (just because it was their turn to go to stupid island) is an immense, unfair advantage. They won that challenge because they got to practice the blind fold part and build up a huge lead.

Dumb vote out. Sometimes making the easy vote is the right move, and you overthink yourself.
Old 10-19-19, 03:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by Double_Oh_7
Why did the tribe pick who went to Idol Island? Didn't the previous person (Vince?) pick a name out of a bag for Rob and Sandra?
They do seem to be pretty loosey-goosey with how they conduct the whole Idol Island thing.
Old 10-19-19, 09:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

I really hate the idols gimmick, and feel they are laying the groundwork for Sandra and Boston Rob having some role in choosing the winner. And if that happens, it will make the travesty of last season’s voted off winner look like small potatoes.
Old 10-24-19, 08:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Another surprising, and confusing, vote last night. I hope these idiots keep losing challenges and their tribe keeps getting whittled down because of their stupidity in keeping Karishma.
Old 10-24-19, 09:42 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

Tonight's episode brought to you by Applebee's!
Old 10-24-19, 10:23 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 217 Likes on 192 Posts

Originally Posted by Double_Oh_7
Tonight's episode brought to you by Applebee's!
And, according to Probst (though he didn't say it this directly) getting the plug in usurped the "Island of the Idols" gimmick for this episode.
Old 10-24-19, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts

Most Survivor contestants these days would rather blindside someone than make the move that is best for their game.
Old 10-24-19, 11:00 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Jeremy517
Most Survivor contestants these days would rather blindside someone than make the move that is best for their game.
A lot of them are over-thinking, -working toward the end of the game rather than working toward the next challenge. It's easier to get (Tom, in this case) now than later, but you might not get to "later".
Old 10-26-19, 01:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Karishma is the kind of sad sack Survivor that you would like to drag to the end, but trying to get her there can kill your game. It made sense in terms of this week I think b/c it doesn't matter if you lose the next couple of challenges for most of them, and Tom probably would have been loyal to the people he first pledged loyalty to.

Last week was still dumb.

Did not miss Island of the overexposed Survivors.
Old 10-29-19, 04:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, didn't know that this was still a thing. Hmm, wonder if I should check it out.
Old 10-29-19, 09:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 382 Likes on 307 Posts

Originally Posted by AfiLai
Wow, didn't know that this was still a thing. Hmm, wonder if I should check it out.
Patiently waiting for your inevitable spam... your posts all seem to be drivel. You didn't know Survivor was a thing in it's 39th season; so you posted?
Old 10-31-19, 03:41 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

entire Tribal Council I thought Elaine was going home. Aaron choosing to be bottom of a 5 person group over being ahead 4-3 made no sense to me at all. Glad he figured that out.
Old 10-31-19, 07:52 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Axeramm
entire Tribal Council I thought Elaine was going home.
For a bit there, it looked like Elaine playing her advantage had drawn attention to her and would send her home.
and, according to Jason, that's what happened. Aaron was the target until Elaine played her advantage (which they assumed meant she didn't have an Immunity Idol).That's what all the whispering was about.

Last edited by DWilson; 10-31-19 at 10:09 AM.
Old 10-31-19, 08:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Glad it played out like it did. I do not know the tribe names, but the 4 who thought they had the power were too cocky and operated as if it was a foregone conclusion that they would be sticking around a while. Getting comfortable in this game can get you sent home. Elaine seems likable enough and the guy who went home was kind of annoying asshole, so good riddance.
Old 10-31-19, 11:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts

With the tribes as they are, we're in a position where the majority on each side might want to lose the next couple immunity challenges on purpose.
Old 11-08-19, 03:27 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 108 Likes on 75 Posts

Wow no discussion at all about the most recent ep. Got a big laugh from Rob telling Sandra let's go make some rice. He looks chunkier every episode, no way they're just eating rice.
Old 11-08-19, 04:40 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 184 Likes on 127 Posts

I've been way behind since I was letting episodes pile on up my DVR over October (so I could make a run at 100 titles for the Horror Challenge). I'm finally caught up.

It's interesting that every single person coming back from Island of the Idols is keeping the Rob/Sandra part a secret. Eventually someone is going to blow the story. Although what Janet told them was essentially the truth (there was a gamble for a advantage ... she didn't think it was worth the risk).

So Noura was the other vote for Jack (besides Dean). That wasn't explained at all, was it?I get that Kellee voted for Dean knowing it wouldn't matter since Dean had the idol (and she cover for pulling the blindside).
Old 11-09-19, 01:06 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The editors tricked me. The minute Aaron was shown saying "There's no way I'm getting voted out tonight", I was sure he was the one.
Old 11-10-19, 01:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Wolf359
Wow no discussion at all about the most recent ep. Got a big laugh from Rob telling Sandra let's go make some rice. He looks chunkier every episode, no way they're just eating rice.
I have never been less interested in a season of Survivor. I'm a BR fan but the season itself is so boring that it feels like its been on for six months already and I just want it to end and get to the next one.
Old 11-10-19, 11:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by brainee
So Noura was the other vote for Jack (besides Dean). That wasn't explained at all, was it?I get that Kellee voted for Dean knowing it wouldn't matter since Dean had the idol (and she cover for pulling the blindside).
I think there was a line in there somewhere where Kellee said she would get Noura to vote for Jack. Really I don't think it would be hard to explain. If Noura knows that she is who Dean was told they were voting for then throwing her vote on someone just in case he pulls an idol and his one vote decides it makes sense.

Not sure if I like the move for Kellee. Certainly it's a bold move. From everything we've seen Jack seemed like a malleable player. It can be good to have those in your back pocket. Maybe she thought he was too loyal to Jamal, but that's a reason to get rid of Jamal not Jack. And keeping Dean in this way means Kellee in effect has to "show him her cards". Is having Dean as an ally really worth that? I think she got caught up with having the idol and wanting to do something with it. I would have liked the move much more if she had used it to take out Jamal. Jack just didn't seem like much of a threat.
Old 11-13-19, 10:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 184 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by DWilson
The editors tricked me. The minute Aaron was shown saying "There's no way I'm getting voted out tonight", I was sure he was the one.
And the editors back to their usual game. Kellee: "I don't want to be the idiot going home with two idols in her pocket." Later that evening ... Kellee is the idiot going home with two idols in her pocket.

Stupid Island of the Idols trick. Who isn't going to grab a letter hanging in the jungle? Yet Rob chastises Jamal for taking it. The fake scribbled in pencil note Jamal got out of it didn't seem to convince anyone.

I really could've done without the rest when it turned into a "very special episode". Felt awful for Janet, who seemingly just wanted to be protective to the other women. Only to have it spun around on her, making her out to be the villain. We have all of this footage of multiple women saying these things about Dan. Then they turn around and say they love hanging out with Dan at camp (trying to make it seem like Janet made it all up). Just unpleasant stuff to watch. I get that there's deception in this game. But I find using deception along with accusations of misconduct to be disgusting. And I believe Dan, who just seems to be lacking awareness that what he does bothers others.
Old 11-14-19, 01:20 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 118 Likes on 94 Posts

There is literally footage in episode 1 of Dan Biden being told by Kellee she feels uncomfortable with how touchy he is. I don't blame Janet for wanting to stick up for the women,I don't even blame some of them who exploited the situation to make Janet the villian.After all it's a game for $1Mill and all ethics and morals for some people go outside the window. To me this is on Production for not warning Dan a helluva lot earlier so this environment would never have contiued festering
Old 11-14-19, 02:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

And the editors back to their usual game. Kellee: "I don't want to be the idiot going home with two idols in her pocket." Later that evening ... Kellee is the idiot going home with two idols in her pocket.
Yeah, Kellee out-kicked her smart coverage. At least James has company now (voted out with two idols in their pocket).

And for the umpteenth time, enough with the Johnny Idol-seeding around the camps. Can't they at least do something to earn one besides tripping over it? It has become a complete farce.

Stupid Island of the Idols trick. Who isn't going to grab a letter hanging in the jungle? Yet Rob chastises Jamal for taking it. The fake scribbled in pencil note Jamal got out of it didn't seem to convince anyone.
Poor Jamal was pretty hard done with this. First - as you point out - he would be a fool not to grab the note. Second, besides losing his vote he was basically coerced on the spot to come up with some "sabotage" hokery. It was a no-win situation. Given time to consider it I feel pretty confident he would have said "Pass." Now I don't think Jamal was in play to win and was probably getting voted out anyway, but the note was a kill shot.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.