DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Survivor Season 39 Full Cast Revealed (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/648553-survivor-season-39-full-cast-revealed.html)

lwhy? 09-09-19 01:41 PM

Survivor Season 39 Full Cast Revealed

The full cast was revealed today. The new season premieres Wednesday, Sept. 25 at 8/7c

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/dvdtalk...7069aa300c.jpg

“LAIRO” TRIBE
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/dvdtalk...5ee1ef9295.jpg

Ronnie Bardah (35)
Hometown: Brockton, Mass.
Current Residence: Henderson, Nev.

Elizabeth Beisel (26)
Hometown: Saunderstown, R.I.
Current Residence: Saunderstown, R.I.

Missy Byrd (24)
Hometown: Decatur, Ga.
Current Residence: Tacoma, Wash.

Dean Kowalski (28)
Hometown: Westfield, N. J.
Current Residence: New York, N.Y.

Tom Laidlaw (60)
Hometown: Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Current Residence: Greenwich, Conn.

Aaron Meredith (36)
Hometown: Uncasville, Conn.
Current Residence: Warwick, R.I.

Vince Moua (27)
Hometown: Merced, Calif.
Current Residence: Palo Alto, Calif.

Karishma Patel (37)
Hometown: Philadelphia
Current Residence: Houston

Elaine Stott (41)
Hometown: Woodbine, Ky.
Current Residence: Rockholds, Ky.

Chelsea Walker (26)
Hometown: Marlton, N.J.
Current Residence: Los Angeles

“VOKAI” TRIBE
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/dvdtalk...fa80b58cb9.jpg

Lauren Beck (28)
Hometown: Bakersfield, Calif. and Rochester Hills, Mich.
Current Residence: Glendale, Calif.

Molly Byman (27)
Hometown: Boston
Current Residence: Durham, N.C.

Janet Carbin (59)
Hometown: Neptune, N.J.
Current Residence: Palm Bay, Fla.

Kellee Kim (29)
Hometown: Costa Mesa, Calif.
Current Residence: Philadelphia

Jason Linden (32)
Hometown: New York, N.Y.
Current Residence: New York, N.Y.

Jack Nichting (23)
Hometown: Newport News, Va.
Current Residence: Harrisonburg, Va.

Noura Salman (36)
Hometown: London, UK / Bethesda, Md.
Current Residence: North Potomac, Md.

Tommy Sheehan (26)
Hometown: Bayville, N.Y.
Current Residence: Long Beach, N.Y.

Jamal Shipman (33)
Hometown: Jersey City, N.J.
Current Residence: Providence, R.I.

Dan Spilo (48)
Hometown: New York, N.Y.
Current Residence: Los Angeles

Double_Oh_7 09-12-19 05:53 AM

Re: Survivor Season 39 Full Cast Revealed

Boston Rob. Again -rolleyes- Think I'm gonna pass on this season.

DWilson 09-12-19 06:26 AM

Originally Posted by Double_Oh_7 (Post 13606814)
Boston Rob. Again -rolleyes- Think I'm gonna pass on this season.

He'll be back next season, too. See you next year.

MysterioMan007 09-12-19 12:56 PM

Personally, I could watch Boston Rob every season, but he and Sandra are not actually playing the game. They're in "advisory" roles this season and will play in the All-Winners version for season 40....

mwbmis 09-12-19 04:08 PM

Then you must think like Probst because this is the first season since the casting director got fired last September (she was there from the beginning). Probst now has a lot more casting authority. The result...two straight seasons of Rob Mariano.

Bill Needle 09-12-19 05:18 PM

"Island of the Idols"? As opposed to every other season where contestants are almost literally tripping over idols.

windom 09-12-19 09:13 PM

The "idols" in the title refers to Rob and Sandra this year though!

Maxflier 09-13-19 12:11 PM

Looks like they skimped out on eye candy for this season.

brainee 09-26-19 09:43 AM

Will this serve as our "season" thread? It makes sense to me (since we already have the cast and pictures and general show info in the first post).

The giant Rob and Sandra head statues cracked me up! :lol: One episode in, so it's hard to get a bearing on things. Don't mind seeing Ronnie go since (as pointed out by players) it usually seems to be a woman and/or older person who goes first. Due to the overwhelming votes cast against him, I bet Ronnie was overplaying the game and trying to make deals with everyone right away (and it just took a little note-checking for the other players to figure out that he was a sneak and liar).

Bluelitespecial 09-26-19 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by MysterioMan007 (Post 13607038)
Personally, I could watch Boston Rob every season, but he and Sandra are not actually playing the game. They're in "advisory" roles this season and will play in the All-Winners version for season 40....

Has the All Winners season been comfirmed yet? I have't watched Survivor in years but I might watch that show.

DWilson 09-26-19 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by Bluelitespecial (Post 13613999)
Has the All Winners season been comfirmed yet? I have't watched Survivor in years but I might watch that show.

I don't know that they'll confirm anything officially until the next finale night reunion. However, they film them back-to-back, so it can probably be confirmed in other ways.

bluesix 09-26-19 11:02 AM

Is it just me or was this the most boring cast ever. Probably because of the lack of any 'Alpha' types unless you count the Indian dude who got the boot.

It's almost like they decided on NOT having attractive people. Everyone just looks like regular people. Maybe some people prefer that but I watch these shows for the eye candy.
The whole Sandra/Rob Idols thing pretty much blew its wad the first episode. No reason to return to that every week and I can't see how that is going to help anyone win.

If you are stupid enough to go on this show without learning how to use a flint to make fire than you don't deserve to win.

Probst needs to rethink the casting director he picked cause this looks like a bunch of duds.

mugwump 09-26-19 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by bluesix (Post 13614015)
It's almost like they decided on NOT having attractive people.

I try not to be shallow but the show does revolve around a bunch of scantily clad folks on a tropical island. So yes, I would prefer that the majority of those people be attractive to look at. This cast is capital "H" homely.

brainee 09-26-19 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by bluesix (Post 13614015)
Is it just me or was this the most boring cast ever. Probably because of the lack of any 'Alpha' types unless you count the Indian dude who got the boot.

It's almost like they decided on NOT having attractive people. Everyone just looks like regular people. Maybe some people prefer that but I watch these shows for the eye candy.
The whole Sandra/Rob Idols thing pretty much blew its wad the first episode. No reason to return to that every week and I can't see how that is going to help anyone win.

If you are stupid enough to go on this show without learning how to use a flint to make fire than you don't deserve to win.

Probst needs to rethink the casting director he picked cause this looks like a bunch of duds.

I'm thinking there have to be some big "alpha" personalities. They'll just get a chance to show themselves later on. Something that fans have criticized previous seasons is they immediately focus on certain players, leaving other players as complete blanks to the audience even late into the game. This first episode seemed to try to give a little to everyone.

So the "right" play on "Island of the Idols" was to reject Rob's offer and see what the counter-offer was? I wonder what that would've been (maybe the weekly Probst Q&A with Dalton Ross at EW.com will address that).

I'm having trouble seeing exactly what Rob and Sandra contribute as well that's actually useful too. At this point there have been 38 previous seasons of Survivor (maybe 37 depending on when this was filmed) for players to learn about how the game works. What can they really say that players haven't heard before? I suspect this is just a gimmick to introduce more idols/advantages to the game, and let Rob and Sandra say snarky things.

Bill Needle 09-26-19 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by brainee (Post 13613970)
The giant Rob and Sandra head statues cracked me up! :lol:

When the woman came up on the statues and says, “It’s Boston Rob and Sandra!” I actually lol’d. There is zero chance any human first seeing those heads had any idea who they were supposed to be, including Boston Rob and Sandra.

Finisher 09-26-19 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by mugwump (Post 13614037)
I try not to be shallow but the show does revolve around a bunch of scantily clad folks on a tropical island. So yes, I would prefer that the majority of those people be attractive to look at. This cast is capital "H" homely.

I guess the twist this year is that there's no eye candy. Jesus, I don't need all hotties but even a couple go a long way toward making the show watchable. Literally fell asleep after 30 minutes and then couldn't finish when I restarted. That trucker looking gal with the massive midsection .. yikes. Gonna be a test of endurance this season.

Didn't Probst take over casting? Wonder if he didn't want any hotties there tempting him. Or they probably got a lot of complaints about too many model types and overcompensated in the other direction.

Josh-da-man 09-26-19 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by Bill Needle (Post 13614187)

When the woman came up on the statues and says, “It’s Boston Rob and Sandra!” I actually lol’d. There is zero chance any human first seeing those heads had any idea who they were supposed to be, including Boston Rob and Sandra.

Looks like that guy who made the Lucille Ball statue is still working.

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/dvdtalk...73cc1f5747.jpg

PhantomStranger 09-26-19 06:13 PM

I have no idea how Survivor has remained on the air this long.

Joeboo835 09-27-19 07:08 AM

Am I the only one that thinks Molly is attractive? :shrug:

devilshalo 09-27-19 02:15 PM

I wonder where this filmed. Probst was on my flight to Fiji back in May.

Brian Gentz 09-27-19 02:15 PM

It's Fiji, they've been there for a couple of years now.

windom 09-27-19 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by devilshalo (Post 13614800)
I wonder where this filmed. Probst was on my flight to Fiji back in May.

I'm guessing it was after the finale on May 15th. He would have been going back to film season 40 then.

SunMonkey 09-27-19 05:07 PM

If anyone jumped on the deal for the $3.99 season pass through Amazon, it looks like they are not fulfilling it, or even at the regular price. They now have the season walled off behind a CBS All Access subscription. Customer Service has no idea what is going on.

dstrauss 09-27-19 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by Bluelitespecial (Post 13613999)

Officially no, but the list was confirmed months ago. Season 40 is all winners.

Josh-da-man 09-27-19 09:27 PM

I wonder if Rob and Sandra will enter the game as players at some point (the merge?).

They did it on Big Brother 14, where they had returning players act as coaches.