The Ellen DeGenereres Show

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Ellen DeGenereres Show

Old 06-02-21, 02:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 415 Likes on 282 Posts
Re: The Ellen DeGenereres Show

Originally Posted by TomOpus View Post
Waiting rooms are what magazines are made for.
It's been a long time since I saw a television program shown in a doctor's waiting room. It's always a day-long commercial for a medical company, and it plays at top volume. I usually turn it down so I can read my book, but some advertisers are onto that trick and install monitors without volume controls.
Old 06-02-21, 06:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 99 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by Decker View Post
Pre-pandemic, sure. Now most offices have removed magazines from their waiting rooms.

Exactly...my wife works in an oncology clinic and they all have been removed. The employees basically take them home when they come in. WHICH I have asked her not to do she doesn't read them anyway.

Old 06-02-21, 11:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 280 Likes on 208 Posts

The waiting room in Cardiology at the VA is the only one I've been to during the pandemic. The tv was showing local news and most peeps were on their phones. And I was preoccupied with hoping to live through surgery.
Old 06-02-21, 11:25 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 282 Likes on 208 Posts

Originally Posted by bluesix View Post
I missed the part of DVD Talk where you're forced to read my post and add this kind of dismissive comment....

I don't get why people do this...I was only posting my opinion which is what I think most of us come here to do, read comments about the TV shows. I'm sorry if I offended you or if you are some 'superfan' of Ellen that I pissed off. Like I said, I'm a fan of her too but lost respect for her a while back. I was just expressing my frustration and disgust with what she has done to her show which as I said, I used to actually watch every day.

In the future, I'd appreciate if you keep your comments about my posts to yourself. Sorry, I just didn't get what the point of your post was other than to point out how superior you are to me....