Reload this Page >

The Ellen DeGenereres Show

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Ellen DeGenereres Show

Old 08-28-20, 01:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 207 Likes on 180 Posts
re: The Ellen DeGenereres Show

Everyone knows she loves Obama and is a liberal for years so I doubt a photo with Bush would start all of this controversy.
Old 08-28-20, 12:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 108 Likes on 81 Posts

Well it sure seemed to; cancel culture being what it is. The minute I saw it I wondered when something would come out and sure enough...
Old 08-28-20, 04:34 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 310 Likes on 227 Posts

Originally Posted by d2cheer View Post
Well it sure seemed to; cancel culture being what it is. The minute I saw it I wondered when something would come out and sure enough...
People on the right who hate her can seize an opportunity to stir up shit about her just as easily as the purity police on the left can fake outrage about her.

It's all just "people are saying" and "that's what I'm hearing." There are no facts or reason anymore, just unfounded opinions that trend on social media.
Old 08-28-20, 06:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

If she has a good gueat I will be watch.

I blame the people working for her and not her for most of these problems.
Old 08-28-20, 07:15 PM
Premium Member

Received 192 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by JeffTheAlpaca View Post
If she has a good gueat I will be watch.

Old 08-28-20, 10:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 399 Likes on 316 Posts

Originally Posted by The Cow View Post
NBC: Someone set up us the bomb.
Audience: Main screen turn on
Ellen: All your base are belong to us
Ellen: You have no chance to survive make your time
Accusers: Move Zig, for great justice!

I'm really bored tonight.
Old 09-21-20, 08:28 PM

Received 518 Likes on 311 Posts

Wow, a summer of speculation and not a single post about the big story today? Sounds like she's doing her best to handle it, here's hoping she's taking ownership and the new chapter is real.

Here's the AP:
Ellen DeGeneres makes on-air apology, vows a 'new chapter'
Ellen DeGeneres used her opening monologue of the new season of her daytime talk show to addressed allegations of a toxic work environment, apologizing for things “that never should have happened.”"I know that I’m in a position of privilege and power and I realize that with that comes responsibility, and I take responsibility for what happens at my show,” she said in a video posted Monday.

“The Ellen DeGeneres Show” started its 18th season in Los Angeles with the host on stage for the first time in months after taping from DeGeneres’s home during quarantine. There wasn’t a studio audience but a virtual one, with faces beamed in on monitors put in the audience seats.

“We have had a lot of conversations over the last few weeks about the show, our workplace, and what we want for the future," she said. "We have made the necessary changes and today we are starting a new chapter.”

Three of the show's producers exited over the summer amid allegations of a dysfunctional workplace that harbored misbehavior, including sexual misconduct and racially insensitive remarks. In her monologue, DeGeneres dryly joked that her summer was “super-terrific.”

An internal company investigation of work conditions was prompted by a BuzzFeed News report in July based on 36 interviews with ex-staffers, who complained about or said they witnessed improper and unfair treatment. The people making the claims were not identified.

“I learned that things happened here that never should have happened. I take that very seriously, and I want to say I am so sorry to the people that were affected,” DeGeneres said in her monologue.

The comedian and host had sent a memo to her staff after the BuzzFeed report, recalling her early promise of ensuring a workplace where “everyone would be treated with respect.” Something changed, she said, “and for that, I am sorry.”

In a July statement, Warner Bros. said parent company WarnerMedia’s investigation revealed what it called “some flaws in the show’s daily management.”

Although not all of the allegations were corroborated, the studio said it was “disappointed that the primary findings of the investigation indicated some deficiencies related to the show’s day-to-day management.”
Old 12-10-20, 11:47 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,117 Likes on 834 Posts

Ellen has coronavirus.

Should we just change this thread to the Ellen DeGeneres show discussion thread than her considering ending her talk show, which she has not and there's no plans to?
Old 12-10-20, 11:52 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 399 Likes on 316 Posts

Yikes that sucks. And yeah that seems like the way to go.
Old 12-10-20, 12:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 339 Likes on 249 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya View Post
Ellen has coronavirus
I wonder if she had filmed her 12 days of Christmas yet.
Originally Posted by DJariya View Post
Should we just change this thread to the Ellen DeGeneres show discussion thread than her considering ending her talk show, which she has not and there's no plans to?
I second this.
Old 05-12-21, 10:34 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 149 Likes on 114 Posts
Re: The Ellen DeGenereres Show

Ellen Degeneres is ending her talk show after next season.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv...nd-1234951571/
Old 05-12-21, 07:37 PM

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Good riddance, talk about overstaying your welcome.

I used to be a huge fan and watched her show every morning on DVR while on train to work but the show 10 years ago is not the show of today and I think most people totally believe all the stories that came out last year about the toxic environment behind the scenes and sexual harassment by her production team.

As much as Ellen has been a huge symbol of America's growing acceptance of gays, her show almost singlehandedly negated it. The stories about the producers (gay men) who sexually harassed the staff and her trying to get the waitress fired because she didn't have her nails polished nicely and Ellen's general 'bitchiness' burned off any goodwill that she had created. Its too bad because at her peak she was so beloved by Middle America and certainly broke barriers for my generation.

She needs to go away for a few years like Oprah did. We need a break from her. And take those horrible game shows along with her!
Old 05-12-21, 08:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 89 Likes on 76 Posts

The following users liked this post:
Boondock Saint (05-13-21)
Old 05-12-21, 09:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Maybe she had some faults but she did give a lot of money to charities and people in need.

I would watch occasionally for a good guest and remember when she had Tears for Fears on and some other musical acts.

I assume she was the queen of daytime once Oprah quit and wonder who will replace her?

Will Kelly Clarkson get that spot or will they find somebody new?

Old 05-13-21, 07:37 AM

You don't really think the money she gives away comes out of her own pocket do you?
It's all been extorted by her producers from companies who advertise on their show! All that 12 days of giveaways crap is all just a commercial for their brand/product. This has been done since TV started.

Sure, its great that some of her fans got free stuff and she enabled it to happen but she benefits more than they do in the long run from the huge bump of viewer interest to see what she is giving out.

I just read her statement about the show "no longer being a challenge"! That's pretty comical, altho she has been phoning it in for the past five years now. I hope her PR team isn't planning on that being the party line. Why not just admit she is quitting because her ratings have tanked and there is no way to recover!

Sad to see someone who is/was a talented comedian and gay icon going out this way.
Old 05-13-21, 09:05 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

It wasn't the show no longer being a "challenge"...it was no longer having ratings...bye girl!
The following users liked this post:
Dr. DVD (05-15-21)
Old 05-13-21, 08:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Maybe in the past it seemed like she had more energy when she did the interviews
Old 05-14-21, 08:21 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by bluesix View Post
She needs to go away for a few years like Oprah did. We need a break from her. And take those horrible game shows along with her!
I missed the part of life where you're forced to watch her.
Old 05-15-21, 10:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 70 Likes on 54 Posts

I saw some of her interview with Savannah Guthrie and while I will probably agree that the attacks on her were orchestrated, I don't think I buy into the "misogyny" part. In terms of crazy demands, that's just something celebrities can do and get away with while they're hot. I listen to a podcast where one of the hosts used to work for Sony music (whomever had J-Lo back in the late 90s or early 2000s) and he spoke about how whenever Lopez came to the building no one was allowed to make eye contact with her. He said that was okay as that made it easier to look at her arse.
Old 05-26-21, 07:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Kelly Clarkson will take her spot and probably a natural fit since her show airs before Ellen.

I assume she will have to leave the Voice eventually.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv...ot-1234959428/
Old 05-26-21, 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by TomOpus View Post
I missed the part of DVD Talk where you're forced to read my post and add this kind of dismissive comment....

I don't get why people do this...I was only posting my opinion which is what I think most of us come here to do, read comments about the TV shows. I'm sorry if I offended you or if you are some 'superfan' of Ellen that I pissed off. Like I said, I'm a fan of her too but lost respect for her a while back. I was just expressing my frustration and disgust with what she has done to her show which as I said, I used to actually watch every day.

In the future, I'd appreciate if you keep your comments about my posts to yourself. Sorry, I just didn't get what the point of your post was other than to point out how superior you are to me....
Old 05-29-21, 08:30 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by bluesix View Post
I missed the part of DVD Talk where you're forced to read my post and add this kind of dismissive comment....

I don't get why people do this...I was only posting my opinion which is what I think most of us come here to do, read comments about the TV shows. I'm sorry if I offended you or if you are some 'superfan' of Ellen that I pissed off. Like I said, I'm a fan of her too but lost respect for her a while back. I was just expressing my frustration and disgust with what she has done to her show which as I said, I used to actually watch every day.

In the future, I'd appreciate if you keep your comments about my posts to yourself. Sorry, I just didn't get what the point of your post was other than to point out how superior you are to me....
I don't understand why people CONTINUE to watch a show they don't like. But you be you. I'm not superior other than not watching something I don't like. I also don't listen to music I don't like. Surprise surprise.

Full disclosure, not a superfan of Ellen. Not that it's pertinent to a discussion about doing stuff you don't enjoy. Couldn't watch the show even if I wanted. I'm working. But I have a friend who's been to many tapings of her show..plus other shows. She enjoys doing that.
Old 06-02-21, 10:13 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

Anyone who's ever been in a dentist's waiting room has been forced to watch her.
Old 06-02-21, 10:42 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by ben12 View Post
Anyone who's ever been in a dentist's waiting room has been forced to watch her.
Waiting rooms are what magazines are made for.
Old 06-02-21, 10:57 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 1,939 Likes on 1,239 Posts

Waiting rooms are what magazines are made for.
Pre-pandemic, sure. Now most offices have removed magazines from their waiting rooms.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.