Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Marvel Cinematic Universe shows on Disney+ Discussion Thread - news, rumors, etc.

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
Old 12-10-20, 07:49 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dex14
Available now:
WandaVision
The Falcon and the Winter Soldier
Loki (Seasons 1, 2)
What If...? (Seasons 1, 2)
Hawkeye
Moon Knight
Ms. Marvel
I Am Groot (animated shorts)
She-Hulk: Attorney at Law
Werewolf by Night - Halloween Special
The Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special
Secret Invasion
Echo
X-Men '97 (Season 1)

Upcoming:
Agatha All Along
Ironheart
Your Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man (animated series)
Daredevil: Born Again
Marvel Zombies (animated series)
Eyes of Wakanda (animated series)
Untitled Wakanda series
Wonder Man
Nova
Vision Quest
Print Wikipost

Marvel Cinematic Universe shows on Disney+ Discussion Thread - news, rumors, etc.

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-21, 03:09 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,458 Likes on 993 Posts
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe shows on Disney+ Discussion Thread - news, rumors, etc.

Very easy to bring all these character back with the multiverse stuff. Wonder if that was their plan all along.
Old 10-03-21, 10:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 375 Likes on 269 Posts
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe shows on Disney+ Discussion Thread - news, rumors, etc.

Originally Posted by Goldberg74
Echo is blind so that makes sense that MM would pop up and aid her.

Would be nice if it were true.
Echo is deaf, not blind. She can basically copy anyone’s fight moves by watching them.

Last edited by majorjoe23; 10-03-21 at 07:05 PM.
The following users liked this post:
IBJoel (10-07-21)
Old 10-03-21, 11:07 AM

Received 5,101 Likes on 3,443 Posts

deaf*
The following 2 users liked this post by dex14:
IBJoel (10-07-21), majorjoe23 (10-03-21)
Old 10-03-21, 01:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,183 Likes on 2,154 Posts

Originally Posted by dex14
Twitter seems to be going crazy today with some rumor that
Spoiler:
Charlie Cox and a bunch of others from Daredevil and the other Netflix shows

will pop in on the upcoming Echo show (a character that will introduced in Hawkeye).

I also saw something that said
Spoiler:
D'Onofrio will be in Hawkeye.

I would love that. I hope all of this is true.
If this is happening, it raises the question of what is going on...

1) Is the "multiverse" somehow bleeding and combining the various, preexisting universes? Was there some kind of event that broke the walls between worlds, or will there be one in the future that changed the past?

2) Did these other series/movies actually take place in the MCU all along?

3) Or do these characters exist in the MCU as different versions than the older ones, but played the same actors?

4) Or am I overthinking this, and it's not something that will ever be fully addressed?

We've already seen the J. Jonah Jameson from the Raimi Spiderman trilogy show up in the MCU. Is he same JJJ that appeared in those movies who crossed universes into the MCU, or is he the MCU equivalent of the character who was there all along but we just didn't see him until now?

Wandavision played fast and loose with this concept by casting Evan Peters (who played her brother Quicksilver in the FoX-Men films), but it didn't amount to anything in that story and he turned out to be just some random guy.
Old 10-03-21, 02:43 PM

Received 2,299 Likes on 1,346 Posts

...Or did he?!...
Old 10-03-21, 03:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2,694 Likes on 1,813 Posts

Is the rumor that Charlie Cox's DD is supposed to be in the new Spider-man movie still a thing?
Old 10-03-21, 10:16 PM

Received 919 Likes on 607 Posts

Originally Posted by majorjoe23
Echo is deaf, not blind. She can basically copy anyone’s fight moves by watching them.
My bad. 😵‍💫
Old 10-07-21, 11:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning.
Received 1,079 Likes on 676 Posts

No word on Daredevil butttt there's this:

'WandaVision' Spinoff With Kathryn Hahn in the Works at Disney Plus - Variety

Old 10-07-21, 11:37 AM
Banned

Received 378 Likes on 296 Posts

Originally Posted by ViewAskewbian
Disney going to milk those licenses for all they're worth.

In this case I don't mind, I'll watch anything with Kathryn Hahn.
Old 10-07-21, 04:12 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 419 Likes on 263 Posts

ugh. like the character i guess but would rather see her in something in an ensemble like the Dark Avengers.
Old 10-07-21, 04:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,183 Likes on 2,154 Posts

Originally Posted by TGM
ugh. like the character i guess but would rather see her in something in an ensemble like the Dark Avengers.
Agreed. I really hope they don't start franchising out all of the B- and C-list characters, which I fear they're going to end up doing, especially with Disney+.

They need to get the X-Men and Fantastic Four out fast. After losing Tony Stark, Steve Rogers, Natasha, and T'Challa, it sort of feels like they're coasting on fumes.
TGM (10-07-21)
Old 10-07-21, 09:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 264 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
Agreed. I really hope they don't start franchising out all of the B- and C-list characters, which I fear they're going to end up doing, especially with Disney+.

They need to get the X-Men and Fantastic Four out fast. After losing Tony Stark, Steve Rogers, Natasha, and T'Challa, it sort of feels like they're coasting on fumes.
My concern is this multiverse thing is going to become a confusing, contradicting mess.

Old 10-08-21, 07:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning.
Received 1,079 Likes on 676 Posts

Originally Posted by Jason
My concern is this multiverse thing is going to become a confusing, contradicting mess.
Which is perfectly in-sync withe comics.

All I gotta' say, if the multi-verse gives us Leah Thompson with modern day Howard the Duck...now THAT'S a show I'd watch.
story (10-08-21)
Old 10-08-21, 04:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,167 Likes on 715 Posts

So is Hawkeye the next Marvel show? Anything else coming before it?
Old 10-08-21, 05:18 PM

Received 919 Likes on 607 Posts

Originally Posted by Cellar Door
So is Hawkeye the next Marvel show? Anything else coming before it?
Yes, it’s the next series but there’s nothing else before it on D+, but we will get The Eternals before and Spider-Man: NWH after.

In 2022, we are supposed to get Ms. Marvel, Moon Knight, She-Hulk, and What If… Season 2.
Cellar Door (10-08-21)
Old 10-14-21, 11:28 AM

Old 10-14-21, 01:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 264 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by Eric F
Disney going to milk those licenses for all they're worth.

In this case I don't mind, I'll watch anything with Kathryn Hahn.
Yeah, they bought an IP with literally hundreds of characters, but let's not get carried away and use more than a dozen or so of them.
Old 10-14-21, 02:09 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,458 Likes on 993 Posts

SLJ posted that they started filming Secret Invasion.
Old 10-24-21, 01:43 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 4,078 Likes on 2,903 Posts

Poster for Hawkeye

Old 10-24-21, 07:59 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 419 Likes on 263 Posts

had no real interest in this when announced, but the premise, and setting during Christmas has me hooked. damn you MCU.
Old 10-28-21, 11:13 AM

Old 10-28-21, 11:34 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,579 Likes on 2,272 Posts

^ That actually looks pretty good. The poster kiddies it up a little too much.

catching the Molotov cocktail and throwing it back.
Old 10-28-21, 04:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 333 Likes on 272 Posts

The gleeful look on Hailee Steinfeld's face when Hawkeye says we're out of regular arrows and she says trick arrows(!), that is just wonderful.
Old 11-04-21, 12:13 PM

Marvel Studios’ search for a Latino lead for its as-yet-untitled Halloween special has ended, with Golden Globe winning Mexican actor Gael García Bernal set to lead the cast of werewolf-focused show that will air on Disney+, TheWrap has exclusively learned.

The Halloween Special is eyeing to begin production in early 2022.

While details about the project are being kept strictly under wraps, individuals with knowledge say the character may be based on “Werewolf by Night,” the name used by two separate Marvel characters.
Marvel Studios Halloween Special Werewolf by Night Jake Gomez

The first, Jack Russell, was created by Gerry Conway and Mike Ploog based on concepts by Stan Lee and Roy Thomas, and first appeared in a 1972 issue of “Marvel Spotlight.” Russell starred on an ongoing “Werewolf by Night” series that ran for 43 issues and ended in 1977.

Russell is a descendant of the mystically-altered offshoot of humans known as Lycanthropes, who eventually becomes capable of transforming on his own volition even without a full moon, and retaining his intellect while transformed. Among other things, that series is notable for having the first appearance of Moon Knight, a character whose own Disney+ series, starring Oscar Isaac, will stream in 2022.

Marvel introduced a second incarnation of the character, Jake Gomez, last year in “Werewolf by Night” (Vol. 3) #1. Created by the writing team of Taboo, Benjamin Jackendoff and Scot Eaton, Gomez, a member of the Hopi Native American tribe whose family has been cursed with lycanthropy, comes in conflict with a nefarious pharmaceutical company exploiting members of the tribe.
gael garcia bernal desierto trump debate president hillary clinton amores perros

It’s not clear which, if either, version of “Werewolf by Night” will serve as inspiration for the TV special.

With the introduction of Disney+, Marvel Studios is able to explore different narratives and storytelling on the streaming platform. Shows such as “Wandavision” (which had a Halloween themed episode), “The Falcon and the Winter Soldier” and “Loki” launched to great success on the platform. Marvel Studios most recently ventured into animation with “What If?,” which recently aired its first season. “The Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special” most recently wrapped and will premiere during the 2022 holiday season.

Bernal most recently starred in M. Night Shyamalan’s “Old,” Pablo Larraín’s “Ema” and “Wasp Network” for Netflix. Bernal won a Golden Globe for his role as Rodrigo in “Mozart in the Jungle.” Bernal will next be seen in “Station Eleven,” the miniseries adaptation of Emily St. John Mandel’s hit novel which debuts Dec. 16 on HBO Max.

Bernal is repped by WME and Hansen Jacobson.

Marvel could not be reached for comment.
https://www.thewrap.com/gael-garcia-...oween-special/
Old 11-05-21, 04:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 879 Likes on 642 Posts

Too bad they couldn't do Man Wolf since they introduced JJJIII in the first Venom.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.