Reload this Page >

The Walking Dead (S5E06) -- "Consumed" -- 11/16/14

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 11-16-14, 02:46 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,543 Likes on 2,539 Posts

Cautiously, members of our group must venture into a familiar location on a heroic rescue mission. It's a huge stage, but so are the stakes.

Episode 6 of 16
Old 11-16-14, 03:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 67 Likes on 58 Posts
Re: The Walking Dead (S5E06) -- "Consumed" -- 11/16/14

I like how the photo captures Carol's badassness
Old 11-16-14, 07:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,220 Likes on 837 Posts

Does the letter "S" mean anything in that photo?
Old 11-16-14, 09:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 195 Likes on 151 Posts

I don't care what others think, this was a great ep. IMO. I am actually digging the approach of telling the story from different POVs per ep. as opposed to the intercutting attempted by other series. Except the Beth ep., I'll agree that one wasn't so great.
Old 11-16-14, 09:05 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Just the episode I was waiting for and it was kinda boring.
Old 11-16-14, 09:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I loved this one. About time we got to see them trying to move around inside a city.
Old 11-16-14, 09:36 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

The van falling off the bridge has to be the absolute worst thing ive ever seen on the show. First of all, no way the two of them would actually be able to rock it to fall with the small amount of the front end hanging off. Secondly, and this was more bizarre is once it began to fall it was about to flip over then they cut to it landing perfectly on all 4 tires.

Anyway, I posted this up 2 weeks ago after the Beth episode..
Originally Posted by JZ1276
Heres my theory on the Beth / Carol / Daryl story...
Daryl sees the car with the same symbol that took Beth (probably on the way to take Joan to the hospital). He goes with Carol to follow it which leads them to the hospital. They watch the hospital for awhile to see the procedures of getting people in and out. They decide to have Carol get captured, maybe fake an injury, and go in to take Beth. Daryl sees Noah escape and takes him back to the church. End of story.
Originally Posted by Abob Teff
Watching the hospital would give them no clue as to what is happening in there unless they watched it for weeks (again, TIME!). They would have only seen people being taken in. For all they know, there are more cannibals inside. They would have NO reason to believe Beth is alive. At best they saw Joan try to escape, but I doubt she made it outside. Terrible theory, unless ...
If they catch Noah on his way out, then they would have some intel. However, this theory is again fucked by TIME!
Not spot on, but it doesnt seem so terrible now does it?

Last edited by JZ1276; 11-16-14 at 10:02 PM.
Old 11-16-14, 09:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 112 Likes on 100 Posts

What was up with that van crash? The first angle had it doing a flip. The 2nd POV angle looked like it was about to crash hood first. And of course, the final angle was a completely safe landing on it's wheels.

Originally Posted by DthRdrX
I loved this one. About time we got to see them trying to move around inside a city.
I wonder if this episode was specifically inspired by the SDCC event. A lot of the scenery sure looked familiar.
Old 11-16-14, 09:43 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 909 Likes on 644 Posts

Two silly observations:

Where the hell are all the cars? Remember the first two seasons where they had to move cars off the road to get anywhere? Pretty much everywhere they go this season it's smooth sailing without a car in sight. Deserted roads/highways in Atlanta? Come on writers. Is there some stiff still working at the tow company clearing all the roads?

Two, also thinking back... I seem to recall everyone being excited about getting clean (on the farm, in the prison, etc.). Darryl's walking around with so much dirt on him he looks like a mechanic after a 12 hour shift who got into a nasty fight with a coworker that ended with two black eyes. Take some of that water in the Dr Office and splash a little on the face.

Originally Posted by Dr. DVD
I don't care what others think, this was a great ep. IMO. I am actually digging the approach of telling the story from different POVs per ep. as opposed to the intercutting attempted by other series. Except the Beth ep., I'll agree that one wasn't so great.
I like it too (liked the Beth episode over last week even), but man they need to up the episode count if they're going to slow it down to this snail's pace.
Old 11-16-14, 09:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Everything about that falling van was terrible.

Also, I don't think airbags would deploy in a van that doesn't have at least a key in the ignition.
Old 11-16-14, 09:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 44 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by TheMadMonk
Everything about that falling van was terrible.

Also, I don't think airbags would deploy in a van that doesn't have at least a key in the ignition.
Airbags go off no matter what. I've know car installers that have set of the steering wheel bag when working on the steering wheel, a messy expensive mistake.
Old 11-16-14, 10:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 69 Likes on 58 Posts

The highway going into Atlanta was the same as in the first episode. All the cars were trying to get out while the highway into the City was cleared. I liked the episode. I never would have expected Carol to be so badassed after the first episode. She has grown so much. I really hope they don't kill her character off.
Old 11-16-14, 10:25 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 273 Likes on 176 Posts

Agreed about the van scene, one of the worst in WD history.

A slow episode for sure, but I enjoyed it overall (despite the van scene).
Old 11-16-14, 10:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The van falling off the bridge has to be the absolute worst thing ive ever seen on the show. First of all, no way the two of them would actually be able to rock it to fall with the small amount of the front end hanging off. Secondly, and this was more bizarre is once it began to fall it was about to flip over then they cut to it landing perfectly on all 4 tires.

Give me lottery numbers now.
Old 11-16-14, 10:37 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Yeesh, that van scene was bad.

But overall, I liked the episode. Cool to see how efficient they've all become in maneuvering and dispatching zombies.
Old 11-16-14, 11:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Heres my theory on the Beth / Carol / Daryl story...
Daryl sees the car with the same symbol that took Beth (probably on the way to take Joan to the hospital). He goes with Carol to follow it which leads them to the hospital. They watch the hospital for awhile to see the procedures of getting people in and out. They decide to have Carol get captured, maybe fake an injury, and go in to take Beth. Daryl sees Noah escape and takes him back to the church. End of story.
Watching the hospital would give them no clue as to what is happening in there unless they watched it for weeks (again, TIME!). They would have only seen people being taken in. For all they know, there are more cannibals inside. They would have NO reason to believe Beth is alive. At best they saw Joan try to escape, but I doubt she made it outside. Terrible theory, unless ...
If they catch Noah on his way out, then they would have some intel.
However, this theory is again fucked by TIME!
Not remotely close ...

I suppose you could say the car led them to the hospital, if you discount the fact that they lost the car, found an ambulance, read the tag on the stretcher, and deduced which hospital.

They did not watch the hospital.

I missed the part where Daryl said "OK Carol, go get run over ... Wait ... NOW!"

I don't think she was faking getting run over.

Daryl didn't see Noah escape.

It does look as if Daryl is taking Noah back to the church, so YES, YES, YOU ARE RIGHT!

(note the bold line in my quote)

Old 11-16-14, 11:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Two silly observations:

Where the hell are all the cars? Remember the first two seasons where they had to move cars off the road to get anywhere? Pretty much everywhere they go this season it's smooth sailing without a car in sight. Deserted roads/highways in Atlanta? Come on writers. Is there some stiff still working at the tow company clearing all the roads?
I think you may have hit on the subject matter for the spin-off series ... It is going to be about two groups: a group of tow-truck drivers whose impound lot is getting very full, and the illegal Mexicans who are continuing to mow the grass.

Actually, what has bothered me is how much stuff there is on the streets. Remember, the military firebombed (napalm) the streets of Atlanta. They used the helicopters that sounded like jets.
Old 11-16-14, 11:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I'm guessing the writers are Red vs. Blue fans ...

Hop in my car it don’t have any doors
It’s build like a cat
It lands on all fours
My cars like a puma
It drives on all fours

Here is another continual nitpick: the survivors have covered themselves in guts (or used other walkers) to mask their scent. It has been established that smell is one of the zombies' primary senses. So how do the zombies keep finding people inside of cars with the windows rolled up?
Old 11-16-14, 11:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 708 Likes on 516 Posts

I
Here is another continual nitpick: the survivors have covered themselves in guts (or used other walkers) to mask their scent. It has been established that smell is one of the zombies' primary senses. So how do the zombies keep finding people inside of cars with the windows rolled up?
They followed the sound of both cars and could sense it as still warm?
Old 11-17-14, 12:26 AM

Not remotely close ...
They did not watch the hospital.

It does look as if Daryl is taking Noah back to the church, so YES, YES, YOU ARE RIGHT!

(note the bold line in my quote)

I'll give you a recap of the scene where they talk about watching the hospital and then actually WATCH THE HOSPITAL...

Carol: 'There's only 3 blocks between us & Grady'
Daryl:'We gotta find a place nearby, scope it out and see what we see'
Carol:'You really think we're gonna find out what we need to know just by watching'?
Daryl:'That's where we start'
They then proceed to watch the hospital through the building window so yeah I'd call that watching the hospital.

So I was right about that and I'm pretty sure I'm right about it being Noah that Daryl comes back to the church with. Other than how Carol ends up in the hospital I'm pretty sure I am more than 'remotely close'.
Old 11-17-14, 12:47 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Two silly observations:

Season 1:

Season 5:
Old 11-17-14, 01:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Great episode. Loved some background of Carol, and her interaction with Daryl. Also liked that they did move the plot up a bit to now where we are setting up the table for the final showdown.
Old 11-17-14, 01:46 AM

Originally Posted by superdeluxe
Great episode. Loved some background of Carol, and her interaction with Daryl. Also liked that they did move the plot up a bit to now where we are setting up the table for the final showdown.
Yeah thing is the final showdown is going to be with this group of uninteresting hospital people that don't really feel like a threat at all. At least The Terminus people & especially the Governor felt like a real threat. I feel like Carol could single–handedly wipe out the entire hospital. I hope next season they change the formula a little where there is no group of villains where an entire season is dedicated to work up to the climax of the showdown.
Old 11-17-14, 03:07 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,543 Likes on 2,539 Posts

I thought tonight's episode for the most part was pretty good. Yes, physics wise, the van scene was flawed. But I don't need to go off on something so minor and petty.

I'm loving the non-linear storytelling and filling in the blanks from different point of views. Seeing some of the missing pieces of what happened to Carol was pretty interesting.

What are the odds that Everybody hates Chris or Noah survives to become part of the group?

at how she ended up getting carted into the hospital. She forgot to look both ways.
Old 11-17-14, 03:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They need to take over the hospital because it has power, safety, medical supplies & food. They need to keep the doctor alive as I'm sure they'll need him. They need to either leave some folks behind at the church in case the D.C. crew come back or leave them directions to the hospital.

I also still think Morgan is Noah's uncle and they meet up with him while going through the woods.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.