TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Walking Dead (S5E06) -- "Consumed" -- 11/16/14

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-14, 05:32 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 90 Likes on 70 Posts
Re: The Walking Dead (S5E06) -- "Consumed" -- 11/16/14

Originally Posted by Osiris3657
Agreed about the van scene, one of the worst in WD history.
Someone tweeted that 'Jump the Shark' adjective is now referred to as , 'Crash the Hanging Van.'

Although it was funny when all of the zombie's were dropping on the van after the crash.

I thought it was an OK episode, as I get what they were trying to do fleshing out Carol and in many ways Darryl too. But I thought they could have moved the plot along quicker to get where they were at the end of the episode.
Old 11-17-14, 06:24 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

saying jumping the shark nuked the fridge a long time ago. It's stupid and silly and I'm sure no one could survive that and walk away like nothing, but fuck it, man. When did realism have to be in my show about the undead coming back to life and consuming human flesh?
Old 11-17-14, 06:47 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

I almost forgot the most important scene of the episode! We got to see exactly how Carol magically got clean after invading terminus!

I know that bothered a lot of people. I'm so glad we got it spelled out for us. Whew!
Old 11-17-14, 07:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts

Y'all act like you have never seen a car jump go nose down in the stunt shot, and then land perfectly in the 2nd shot.

Good episode, I really like the dynamic between Darryl and Carol. Though I agree with Talking Dead, that Carol just happened to get hit by the only car driving around.
Old 11-17-14, 08:11 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,245 Likes on 856 Posts

Originally Posted by devilshalo
They followed the sound of both cars and could sense it as still warm?
I thought that too, but why would they go to the window and smack up against it? Their vision is not good and in both cases (this week) Carol and Daryl were pretty well sitting still (so no real movement to draw attention).

We are nitpicking on these things, but it shows how the writers could improve by paying attention to details.

One more ... How did the van crash through the concrete and metal guard rail without damaging its front end?
Old 11-17-14, 08:12 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by JZ1276
I'll give you a recap of the scene where they talk about watching the hospital and then actually WATCH THE HOSPITAL...

Carol: 'There's only 3 blocks between us & Grady'
Daryl:'We gotta find a place nearby, scope it out and see what we see'
Carol:'You really think we're gonna find out what we need to know just by watching'?
Daryl:'That's where we start'
They then proceed to watch the hospital through the building window so yeah I'd call that watching the hospital.

So I was right about that and I'm pretty sure I'm right about it being Noah that Daryl comes back to the church with. Other than how Carol ends up in the hospital I'm pretty sure I am more than 'remotely close'.
You should go into politics. I'll stop there.
Old 11-17-14, 08:29 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Two, also thinking back... I seem to recall everyone being excited about getting clean (on the farm, in the prison, etc.). Darryl's walking around with so much dirt on him he looks like a mechanic after a 12 hour shift who got into a nasty fight with a coworker that ended with two black eyes. Take some of that water in the Dr Office and splash a little on the face.
And finding new clothes would not be that hard, I've seen them pass clothes at least a couple times.
Old 11-17-14, 08:30 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by MoviePage
Season 1:

Season 5:
This was an awesome scene! Excellent callback!

Originally Posted by JZ1276
Yeah thing is the final showdown is going to be with this group of uninteresting hospital people that don't really feel like a threat at all. At least The Terminus people & especially the Governor felt like a real threat. I feel like Carol could single–handedly wipe out the entire hospital. I hope next season they change the formula a little where there is no group of villains where an entire season is dedicated to work up to the climax of the showdown.
This. I don't feel the hospital folks are a threat. There are a few bad eggs which need to be broken, but I think our hero group would be better served by joining forces with the hospital group, not storming the castle. Granted, they only know that Beth was kidnapped and don't really have a way of knowing ... Oh wait, Noah!

Originally Posted by mcnabb
Although it was funny when all of the zombie's were dropping on the van after the crash.

I thought it was an OK episode, as I get what they were trying to do fleshing out Carol and in many ways Darryl too. But I thought they could have moved the plot along quicker to get where they were at the end of the episode.
Yes, that part was pretty damned funny. I'll admit I jumped when the first one hit the windshield!

Very good assessment of the episode.

Originally Posted by stingermck
Good episode, I really like the dynamic between Darryl and Carol. Though I agree with Talking Dead, that Carol just happened to get hit by the only car driving around.
An interesting variation on the teachings of the Lori Grimes School of Driving ...

Last edited by Abob Teff; 11-17-14 at 09:17 AM.
Old 11-17-14, 08:52 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Abob Teff
An interesting variation on the teachings of the Lori Grimes School of Driving ...
Old 11-17-14, 09:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Old 11-17-14, 09:49 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
I
What are the odds that Everybody hates Chris or Noah survives to become part of the group?
We already lost the other tall skinny black guy...so I'd say pretty good. To a casual viewer they may not even know the difference.
Old 11-17-14, 11:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I thought that too, but why would they go to the window and smack up against it? Their vision is not good and in both cases (this week) Carol and Daryl were pretty well sitting still (so no real movement to draw attention).

We are nitpicking on these things, but it shows how the writers could improve by paying attention to details.

One more ... How did the van crash through the concrete and metal guard rail without damaging its front end?
I figured the zombies saw them going into the car.

My car was rear ended very hard by a truck with steel bumpers, my car was destroyed, he didn't even have a scratch.
Old 11-17-14, 01:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,028 Likes on 727 Posts

Originally Posted by mcnabb
Someone tweeted that 'Jump the Shark' adjective is now referred to as , 'Crash the Hanging Van.'

I mentioned to my wife that the van must've done a quick somersault to land on its wheels, then said 'wouldn't you think the walkers would be falling off the bridge?" and THUD!, down they poured.

As for the episode, overall, I thought it dragged too much. I knew when they started in with the music that it was going to be that kind of episode.
Old 11-17-14, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by andicus
As for the episode, overall, I thought it dragged too much. I knew when they started in with the music that it was going to be that kind of episode.

Same!

I think I just need to stop watching this show week to week. It's not bad per se, but I can't stand the narrative structure they've chosen and it's a real slog watching week to week. These slow moody episodes where nothing happens aren't satisfying at all. It was the same deal with the episodes following the prison battle last season. Every season this show is so uneven with its pacing and narrative development.
Old 11-17-14, 01:55 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts

How do they not get a serious case of the runs eating ancient potato chips ... what is the half life of a Lays chip?
Old 11-17-14, 02:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts

Originally Posted by BearFan
How do they not get a serious case of the runs eating ancient potato chips ... what is the half life of a Lays chip?
Does stale food give you the runs?
Old 11-17-14, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by majorjoe23
Does stale food give you the runs?
It does, I would not do well in zombie-land
Old 11-17-14, 02:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,028 Likes on 727 Posts

It does, I would not do well in zombie-land
At least they weren't Lays with Olestra! They don't need to be stale.
Old 11-17-14, 03:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 67 Likes on 58 Posts

The potato chip bags had not been previously opened, so the inert nitrogen gas was still protecting the chips in the bag from going stale and they probably were perfectly fine to eat, even if it was past the expiration date printed on the bag.
Old 11-17-14, 03:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 325 Likes on 243 Posts

Horrible episode...nothing of any importance happened - it was all 'filler'.

Two things really bothered me (aside from that BS van crash that injured absolutely no one):

- As they go across the skywalk the first time, Daryl kills all the walkers except the two that are still inside tents. There's absolutely no reason Daryl SHOULDN'T kill them except for the fact that leaving them 'alive' is a necessary plot point later on.

- They go into the office where they spot the van. Carol fills up her canteen and then says, "Well, we better get out of here." Wait...WHAT? They went through all that trouble just to get some water?
Old 11-17-14, 03:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt
Horrible episode...nothing of any importance happened - it was all 'filler'.

Two things really bothered me (aside from that BS van crash that injured absolutely no one):

- As they go across the skywalk the first time, Daryl kills all the walkers except the two that are still inside tents. There's absolutely no reason Daryl SHOULDN'T kill them except for the fact that leaving them 'alive' is a necessary plot point later on.

- They go into the office where they spot the van. Carol fills up her canteen and then says, "Well, we better get out of here." Wait...WHAT? They went through all that trouble just to get some water?
A wizard did it.
Old 11-17-14, 03:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

For some reason my DVR cheesed out for a minute or two during the broadcast. Who's body did Daryl burn up and why?
Old 11-17-14, 03:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by madcougar
For some reason my DVR cheesed out for a minute or two during the broadcast. Who's body did Daryl burn up and why?
There was a mother and a child zombie outside the door at the shelter. Carol had previously stayed (or visited) the shelter, so she was emotionally unable to dispatch them. Daryl took care of them and respectfully disposed of the bodies.
Old 11-17-14, 04:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt
And daryl takes a couple of pulls off his canteen, but doesn't refill on the way out the door. I guess good clean water is still everywhere.
Old 11-17-14, 04:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 731 Likes on 533 Posts

There was a mother and a child zombie outside the door at the shelter. Carol had previously stayed (or visited) the shelter, so she was emotionally unable to dispatch them. Daryl took care of them and respectfully disposed of the bodies.
Uh, Carol was ready and willing to do the deed, but Daryl stopped her saying that she doesn't have to, she's done so much already. (Probably referring to why the girls aren't with her when she and Tyreese meet back up with the group also with killing Karen to save the group from the swine flu).

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.