Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Survivor: Cagayan -- 2 Hour Finale & Reunion Show -- "It's Do Or Die" -- 5/21/14

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
View Poll Results: Who will be the Sole Survivor?
Tony
55.00%
Spencer
35.00%
Kass
0%
Woo
10.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Survivor: Cagayan -- 2 Hour Finale & Reunion Show -- "It's Do Or Die" -- 5/21/14

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-14, 01:11 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,641 Likes on 2,613 Posts
Re: Survivor: Cagayan -- 2 Hour Finale & Reunion Show -- "It's Do Or Die" -- 5/21/14

at how stupid Woo was for bringing Tony to final tribal.

Tony was annoying sometimes, but he played his heart out in this game. Between those 2, he 100% deserved to win.

at Trish's really over the top speech to Tony. Talk about butthurt. Reminded me somewhat of Sue Hawk's ridiculously over the top speech in season 1.

I thought this finale was a little weird, especially how they intercut the live studio scenes with Jeff. I miss the old days with Jeff on the jet sky or sky diving to the finale. Those were really goofy, but fun.

So they're doing Blood vs. Water 2 in the Fall in Nicaragua. So this is going to be all newbies right? I don't mind the concept with family members battling each other, but I just don't want another All-Star edition again.
Old 05-22-14, 01:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Survivor: Cagayan -- 2 Hour Finale & Reunion Show -- "It's Do Or Die" -- 5/21/14

Originally Posted by DJariya
So they're doing Blood vs. Water 2 in the Fall in Nicaragua. So this is going to be all newbies right? I don't mind the concept with family members battling each other, but I just don't want another All-Star edition again.
Wouldn't surprise me to see RC Saint-Amour in this one. Wasn't she supposed to be in the last Blood vs. Water?
Old 05-22-14, 01:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Baron Of Hell
I doubt anyone changed their vote because of that speech. No one was directly asked if it influenced their vote but from the the interviews it didn't sound that way.
I don't think the speech affected the final outcome of Tony winning. But it may have won him a few votes. I doubt anyone would admit to being swayed by Spencer's speech. You'd have to be pretty easily swayed (as most of the jury members were) to let it affect you.
Old 05-22-14, 01:26 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Baron Of Hell
I doubt anyone changed their vote because of that speech. No one was directly asked if it influenced their vote but from the the interviews it didn't sound that way.
Believe what you want but I don't think Tony gets a vote from LJ, Trish or Sarah without it.
Old 05-22-14, 01:29 PM

Good finale nonetheless. I was hoping Tony or Spencer would win. Both of them played the best game and either one deserved it.
Old 05-22-14, 01:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
So they're doing Blood vs. Water 2 in the Fall in Nicaragua. So this is going to be all newbies right?
Yes, Blood vs. Water 2 is all new players.
Old 05-22-14, 01:50 PM

Received 118 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by Setzer
Russell and Tony played a very similar game. They both were willing to lie, cheat & steal their way to the end. The only difference was Tony didn't do stuff to ruin camp life for everyone like hide the machete or socks.
No Russell was a supergoat who played like Kass. To create #khaos.

Tony was never trying to be a villian or just be a dick to make "good tv", he was just playing a game where he knew he had to betray people to win.
Old 05-22-14, 02:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 184 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by windom
Yes, Blood vs. Water 2 is all new players.
I didn't watch the first Blood vs Water season since I couldn't stand a number of the returning players. Not that I have anything against All Star seasons ... but they should be rare (not every year).

Happy to see Tony win. He deserved it.

I wouldn't call Spencer's speech "sour grapes" at all. Spencer is a huge fan of the show, and probably hated to seasons end when a deserving winner gets screwed by a butt-hurt jury. And jurors have gone on little rants before rather than asking questions.

Kass still doesn't quite get it. She wasn't a villain because of her gameplay. She was a villain because of her horrible personality.
Old 05-22-14, 02:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 813 Likes on 687 Posts

I think Tony got very lucky he had a pretty trusting cast around him. In most seasons his behavior would have made him a huge target much earlier in the game.
Old 05-22-14, 02:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by brainee
I didn't watch the first Blood vs Water season since I couldn't stand a number of the returning players. Not that I have anything against All Star seasons ... but they should be rare (not every year).

Happy to see Tony win. He deserved it.

I wouldn't call Spencer's speech "sour grapes" at all. Spencer is a huge fan of the show, and probably hated to seasons end when a deserving winner gets screwed by a butt-hurt jury. And jurors have gone on little rants before rather than asking questions.

Kass still doesn't quite get it. She wasn't a villain because of her gameplay. She was a villain because of her horrible personality.
I think it was both. She not only voted for people because of how she felt about them, she did so even when it was to her detriment. Then she was smug about it like it was some brilliant move. She is just clueless.
Old 05-22-14, 03:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 243 Likes on 178 Posts

Bitch owned puzzles though.
Old 05-22-14, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by AaronHernandez
No Russell was a supergoat who played like Kass. To create #khaos.

Tony was never trying to be a villian or just be a dick to make "good tv", he was just playing a game where he knew he had to betray people to win.
I disagree. Russell and Tony played very similar games...both lied and betrayed and found idols to get to the end. Only difference was Russell liked making camp life miserable.

Kass doesn't even come close.
Old 05-22-14, 03:28 PM

Other then both being bald white guys and finding idols their games had nothing in common.Tony is a hard worker,likeable and social and won the game because he took the time to get to know people and bond with them so that they still would want to vote for him even after he betrayed them. Whereas Russell was lazy around camp and liked by almost no one.

Russell was an irrational little troll who comes from the same goat line as Kass,Sugar and Dreamz except fans were tricked into thinking Russell is a good player and "robbed by a bitter jury" cause he had tons of confessionals saying "this is my island" and everyone in Samoa besides him and Shambo were basically invisible and editing was basically narration from his perspective.
Old 05-22-14, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by brainee
Who said anything about his speech being "sour grapes"? I thought it was great. It was nice to see someone on the jury who knows it's just a game and they got outplayed and that's why they didn't win. Most of the time you end up with people who are butt hurt and bitter and they give the million to the least deserving player. That's why I think Spencer's speech helped Tony last night. There were several players who were butt hurt and probably didn't want to give Tony their vote.
Old 05-22-14, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by AaronHernandez
Other then both being bald white guys and finding idols their games had nothing in common.Tony is a hard worker,likeable and social and won the game because he took the time to get to know people and bond with them so that they still would want to vote for him even after he betrayed them. Whereas Russell was lazy around camp and liked by almost no one.

Russell was an irrational little troll who comes from the same goat line as Kass,Sugar and Dreamz except fans were tricked into thinking Russell is a good player and "robbed by a bitter jury" cause he had tons of confessionals saying "this is my island" and everyone in Samoa besides him and Shambo were basically invisible and editing was basically narration from his perspective.
Tony was likeable? Ha! That's why all the jury members loved him so much. Besides Trish and Woo, no one else liked him. And he even betrayed them at one point or another. Not going to get into an argument over this. Tony deserved to win and I'm glad he won. Russell deserved to win and didn't because of a bitter, butt hurt jury.
Old 05-22-14, 04:00 PM

Go read peoples interviews. Outside of Sarah no one personally hated Tony. Morgan complimented him,LJ,Trish and Jefra seemed more like battered spouses venting on the jury and Spencer not only liked him I think Tony was the player he wants to be when he grows up.
Old 05-22-14, 05:54 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by arminius
I think it was both. She not only voted for people because of how she felt about them, she did so even when it was to her detriment. Then she was smug about it like it was some brilliant move. She is just clueless.

Just think of how different the game would have been if Kass just stood strong with the Brains after that merge and they were on top. They did get other cop on their side but Kass' personal beef got in her way.

I'm so glad she got voted out. Woo bringing the KHAOS, bitches!
Old 05-22-14, 09:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 184 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by madcougar
I don't think the ONLY reason Tony won was Spencer's impassioned plea. And I agree that Tony deserved to win. I guess what I mean is that is sounded like sour grapes or a tantrum to me that he'd go off like that for either one of the contestants.
Who said anything about his speech being "sour grapes"?
That was the post that mentioned it.

I thought it was great. It was nice to see someone on the jury who knows it's just a game and they got outplayed and that's why they didn't win. Most of the time you end up with people who are butt hurt and bitter and they give the million to the least deserving player. That's why I think Spencer's speech helped Tony last night. There were several players who were butt hurt and probably didn't want to give Tony their vote.
And I'm with you (and Spencer) on this one. All the players have to know by now that deception and lying are part of it. Whenever I hear a jury member all upset about being lied to, I hear someone who's really mad at themselves for making a mistake in the game (but won't admit it).

I don't think Russell deserved to win his seasons. That went beyond a bitter jury ... he treated people like crap, and you can't expect to have those same people give you a million dollars. Tony did make a mistake in the elaborate swearing (on family, badge, etc), since some people saw that as crossing a moral line beyond simple gameplay. If he made "regular" promises, I wonder if some of the jurors would've been so hostile. Fortunately for Tony, he was able to overcome that (helped out by the fact that Woo had practically no gameplay of own that he could claim).
Old 05-22-14, 11:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Tony deserved it. The lie about the HII was perfectly done. He made all the right moves.

Woo didn't deserve it but he really came off as likable. The sapp in me wouldn't have minded if he won. Stupid, stupid move though.

I don't think Spencer's speech swayed the jury much. I think the editing made it seem like more people would vote for Woo. Tasha probably voted for him out of sympathy. Plus the final tribal is usually more about airing grievances anyway. We've seen plenty of people rip into a player only to vote for them.

At everyone calling Kass the goat.

Last edited by Goat3001; 05-23-14 at 12:37 AM.
Old 05-23-14, 06:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did anyone else get some serious Wynn Duffy vibes from Probst tonight? I mean it looks like he had some serious work done. He even had the eyebrow thing going on a few times.

Old 05-23-14, 09:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Maxflier
I hope Woo doesn't beat himself up too much about his choice because of the jury members who claimed they would have voted for him. Keep in mind they were saying that many months after the fact. As much as I hate ****face Kass, I have a hard time believing they would have given the million to Woo over her when it was time to actually cast their votes.
I think they would have given it to Woo. Kass really came off as a shitty person and it seems that everyone there agreed. At the end of the day you're still voting to hand over a million dollars to someone. Not giving that million to someone that played the game well and stabbed people in the back to do it is bitter. Not giving that million to someone who is a shitty person is justifiable.
Old 05-23-14, 04:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also, I am really shocked at all of those in this thread saying as matter a fact about Spencer's speech not having an impact. Between Sarah, Trish, Jeremiah and Jeffra, a good portion of that jury was EXTREMELY butt hurt. Spencer spoke the absolute truth and his appeal to the jury was very refreshing. Not sure what the final vote was but I have to think it made a bit of an impact and maybe brought some people back to the real world to consider how they would look if they were all sour-pusses once the show aired.
Old 05-23-14, 06:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,303 Likes on 947 Posts

Originally Posted by thebunk
Not sure what the final vote was but I have to think it made a bit of an impact and maybe brought some people back to the real world to consider how they would look if they were all sour-pusses once the show aired.
Considering they only showed one vote for Woo, I would guess the rest went to Tony.
Old 05-23-14, 07:50 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by thebunk
Also, I am really shocked at all of those in this thread saying as matter a fact about Spencer's speech not having an impact. Between Sarah, Trish, Jeremiah and Jeffra, a good portion of that jury was EXTREMELY butt hurt. Spencer spoke the absolute truth and his appeal to the jury was very refreshing. Not sure what the final vote was but I have to think it made a bit of an impact and maybe brought some people back to the real world to consider how they would look if they were all sour-pusses once the show aired.
Lets put it this way would one speech move you vs 30+ days you spent in the wild with someone? Don't you think they talked about the game at Panderosa. Heck there is video of them talking about the game. That wasn't the first time they heard that from Spencer. The moment in time you see on the tv is just a fraction of what is filmed. They film hours of QA and use only a few minutes. The only reason you believe that speech moved the jury is because they chose to show it to you. Its a manipulation to boost ratings and get people talking. Survivor isn't basketball game where every second is shown, 95% of it is off camera or on the cutting room floor.
Old 05-24-14, 12:19 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 813 Likes on 687 Posts

I don't think the speeches ever change a single vote. Everyone has already made up their mind going into them. Survivor likes to edit it to seem they have a huge impact.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.