Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Marvel / Netflix projects discussion thread - news, rumors, etc.

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Marvel / Netflix projects discussion thread - news, rumors, etc.

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-14, 05:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 186 Likes on 129 Posts
Re: Marvel's Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron Fist & Defenders coming to Net

Interested in the show, but I just don't understand why they can't use the traditional costume. This is a Netflix series so they can be a bit more colorful than a big budget movie that has to be dark and edgy!
Old 10-13-14, 05:15 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Marvel's Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron Fist & Defenders coming to Net

Originally Posted by DaveyJoe
Interested in the show, but I just don't understand why they can't use the traditional costume. This is a Netflix series so they can be a bit more colorful than a big budget movie that has to be dark and edgy!
facepalm

How many times must it be said that the black street clothes are what Murdock wore BEFORE he becomes Daredevil?
Old 10-13-14, 05:17 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Yeah. WTF.
Old 10-13-14, 05:47 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm pretty sure it's what he's wearing before he goes out in the red costume but is there actual confirmation that it is just that?

I wouldn't mind that look. It's pretty cool looking.
Old 10-13-14, 05:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 186 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by taffer
facepalm

How many times must it be said that the black street clothes are what Murdock wore BEFORE he becomes Daredevil?
Okay, I get that, I just wish he was wearing the red costume in this show.
Old 10-13-14, 06:00 PM
Banned

We don't know that he won't either. Most likely he will...cuz it's Marvel.
Old 10-13-14, 07:41 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Solid Snake
I'm pretty sure it's what he's wearing before he goes out in the red costume but is there actual confirmation that it is just that?

I wouldn't mind that look. It's pretty cool looking.
No actual confirmation, but it is pretty obvious they are basing this TV series on Miller's work. Scott Glenn was cast as Stick a month or so ago.

There's a 99.9% chance he will wear the red costume. Again, these black clothes are what he wore BEFORE he becomes Daredevil.

Timeline for the clueless:

1. Matt Murdock is ordinary man.
2. Matt Murdock gets superpowers.
3. Matt Murdock fights crime but is not yet a superhero. (Wearing the black clothes at this part.)
4. Matt Murdock becomes an actual superhero and calls himself Daredevil. (Wears the classic red costume now.)

Has anyone seen or read Batman Year One? The exact same thing happened there. (And it was also written by Frank Miller.) Bruce fought crime in his street clothes before actually becoming Batman and donning the Batsuit.

Last edited by taffer; 10-13-14 at 07:46 PM.
Old 10-13-14, 07:47 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

Bruce Wayne went out with a ski cap and fake scar at first (also according to Frank Miller - Damn him!). Spiderman wore a ski mask. I prefer origin stories where a guy doesn't instantly make a costume with a logo on it the first time he runs out to fight crime. More realistic to me.
Old 10-13-14, 07:48 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

Ha taffer, was posting about Miller / batman year one but stepped away from the computer. You beat me to it.
Old 10-13-14, 07:53 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux
Ha taffer, was posting about Miller / batman year one but stepped away from the computer. You beat me to it.
Great minds think alike.

There's also the New 52 Superman I mentioned on the last page who fought crime in his t-shirt and jeans before he actually becomes Superman.
Old 10-13-14, 08:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 812 Likes on 686 Posts

Great minds think alike.

There's also the New 52 Superman I mentioned on the last page who fought crime in his t-shirt and jeans before he actually becomes Superman.
Which hopefully will soon get banished from DC continuity once Grant Morrison stops working for them.
Old 10-13-14, 09:01 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
Which hopefully will soon get banished from DC continuity once Grant Morrison stops working for them.
You didn't like his work on New 52 Superman? I thought it was better than most of the things Morrison has written. I don't particularly care for his Batman work other than the short-lived dynamic of Dick and Damian as Batman and Robin.
Old 10-13-14, 11:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

You didn't like his work on New 52 Superman? I thought it was better than most of the things Morrison has written. I don't particularly care for his Batman work other than the short-lived dynamic of Dick and Damian as Batman and Robin.
It was decent, I don't mind Morrison's stuff. I just don't think that particular piece of his narrative fits into Superman's mythos very well. I'm still dying for them to bring back Superboy, so no one is listening to me at DC. It looks like the lawsuit against DC has killed that chance. I think Morrison would have had an even better run if there wasn't such tight control over the Superman brand by editorial and corporate.
Old 10-14-14, 12:12 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Old 10-14-14, 11:19 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Because not everyone has supernatural sewing ability of Peter Parker, where they can bust out a suit that would take a team of professional costume designers weeks to put together, in one evening. I mean, Matt probably could pull off if he wasn't blind, but since he is, he's gonna have to just order crap off of Amazon and hope for the best.
Old 10-14-14, 11:28 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 987 Likes on 696 Posts

Originally Posted by Navinabob
Because not everyone has supernatural sewing ability of Peter Parker, where they can bust out a suit that would take a team of professional costume designers weeks to put together, in one evening. I mean, Matt probably could pull off if he wasn't blind, but since he is, he's gonna have to just order crap off of Amazon and hope for the best.
So wait, he's not going to be wearing the red costume in this? Ugh. I guess I'm out.
Old 10-14-14, 11:47 AM
Banned

We don't know that actually.

Stop being pissy little children about this shit. It's Marvel...they've shown love to the looks of the characters. Pretty big chance we'll see it come up. I just hope for a damn good show.
Old 10-14-14, 12:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 987 Likes on 696 Posts

Originally Posted by Solid Snake
We don't know that actually.

Stop being pissy little children about this shit. It's Marvel...they've shown love to the looks of the characters. Pretty big chance we'll see it come up. I just hope for a damn good show.
Fail.
Old 10-14-14, 12:47 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by rocket1312
Fail.
Yeah, I think they are just being sarcastic at this point. I'm slow but not that slow.
Old 10-14-14, 02:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

It would be really funny if the first time he stitches those D's on his costume they were crooked because he's blind.
Old 10-14-14, 02:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 746 Likes on 370 Posts

Since there's no way he could realistically make the costume himself, he should just walk into a tailor and say, "I need you to make me a skintight devil suit, with interlocking D's on the chest. Eyeholes are not important. Oh, and try to keep this on the down low."

Then the guy runs out of red fabric and makes half of the costume yellow, because he figures Matt won't notice.

Old 10-14-14, 02:26 PM
Banned

Peter Parker has been shown several times in the comics that he is not good at sewing. He always sticks his finger with the needle.

Also, he didn't actually create the costume from scratch. Remember it was given to him when he was doing that wrestling gig before actually becoming a superhero.

He really only does any sewing when he gets a hole in it or something.

In later comics, Black Cat and MJ have been shown to sew up his costume.

Old 10-14-14, 02:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Spidey was always getting holes in his cheap costume. I imagine the villains of New York City think he shops at K-Mart. My belief is that Mr. Fantastic or Tony Stark saw how cheap Spider-Man's costume looked and felt pity for the teenager, giving him a better outfit.
Old 10-14-14, 02:38 PM
Banned

Over time he did get better suits that weren't homemade from him. But he also later created his own special suits as well.
Old 10-14-14, 02:46 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
Spidey was always getting holes in his cheap costume. I imagine the villains of New York City think he shops at K-Mart. My belief is that Mr. Fantastic or Tony Stark saw how cheap Spider-Man's costume looked and felt pity for the teenager, giving him a better outfit.
Johnny Storm did give him this:

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.