Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Marvel / Netflix projects discussion thread - news, rumors, etc.

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Marvel / Netflix projects discussion thread - news, rumors, etc.

Old 04-16-15, 01:11 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Marvel's Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron Fist & Defenders coming to Net

Originally Posted by bluetoast

Did anybody else see this and think Doggett from Orange is the New Black escaped?
I thought Doctor Who talking to his new companion.
Old 04-16-15, 02:30 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Marvel's Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron Fist & Defenders coming to Net

I've never seen that dude in anything so I thought who is that guy talking to Veronica Mars old friend.
Old 04-16-15, 03:41 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I suspect they'll be there for an all-on assault against Thanos. Should be epic.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/04/...medium=twitter

I hear from Marvel sources that Agent Carter is 75% confirmed for a second series. I hope so, I really enjoyed that show, especially it’s latter half. Possibly more than Daredevil.

Talking of which, because #ItsAllConnected, I understand that the Netflix Defenders characters will appear in the Avengers moves - Daredevil, Luke Cage, Jessica Jones and Iron Fist.

But not until the second Avengers Infinity War movie. Scheduled for May 2019.

So enjoy them on Netflix while you have them. You only have… four years to keep them to yourself.
Old 04-16-15, 04:17 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Navinabob
I suspect they'll be there for an all-on assault against Thanos. Should be epic.

That has always been my dream for Infinity War to be one massive battle with Avengers + Defenders + Guardians of the Galaxy versus Thanos
Old 04-16-15, 04:23 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It'll be interesting how they'll make use of characters like Widow, DD, Hawkeye, and the such against something like Thanos.
Old 04-16-15, 04:29 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,384 Likes on 943 Posts

My guess is that a lot of these appearances will be nothing more than cameos. No way they can have a cohesive movie with all those characters. Totally fine with that if we get to see them all.
Old 04-16-15, 04:33 PM
Banned

The Defenders maybe but the GotG are PERFECT for Infinity War. Especially considering their association w/ Thanos.
Old 04-16-15, 04:39 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Deftones
My guess is that a lot of these appearances will be nothing more than cameos. No way they can have a cohesive movie with all those characters. Totally fine with that if we get to see them all.
Well, Infinity War is going to be a 4-5 hour movie considering it's broken into two parts.

I doubt any brand new characters will be introduced in Infinity War, so all of the characters are going to be established beforehand and therefore won't need a lot of screentime for each of them.

The biggest thing for me is if Marvel will actually have the balls to kill some of these characters. Will Thanos kill Steve Rogers and then Bucky becomes the new Captain America in Phase Four?
Old 04-16-15, 04:45 PM
Banned

Yes and No. Feige has said it's not just one movie broken into two parts. Their two movies with the same thread to walk on but not just one story broken up.
Old 04-17-15, 03:07 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by dex14
I think Terry Crews was the ideal choice. Just a bit too old compared to the others cast. Oh well.
I think Henry Simmons (Mack from Shield) would have been perfect. Hes not too old and huge at 6'4". He was basically born to play a super hero.

Old 04-17-15, 06:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 825 Likes on 389 Posts

Originally Posted by Thrush
I think Henry Simmons (Mack from Shield) would have been perfect. Hes not too old and huge at 6'4". He was basically born to play a super hero.

He was totally born to play the character that he plays on SHIELD. Don't you see the resemblance?

http://marvel.wikia.com/Alphonso_Mackenzie_(Earth-616)

Old 04-17-15, 11:15 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Reading the newest hacked Sony emails it looks like multiple seasons of Daredevil was always the plan (instead of a miniseries) as Drew Goddard had already mapped out season two before he left as show-runner. They talked about Marvel threatening to remove his name so he wouldn't get royalties for future seasons if he left. Seeing how well it's been done I can't imagine why they wouldn't go through with season two.
Old 04-23-15, 01:47 PM

Received 4,752 Likes on 3,218 Posts

Daredevil has landed and if you’re anything like as binge-y as Empire, you’ll have seen and most probably relished its gritty take on the Marvel hero. Its star, Charlie Cox, stepped into the Empire Podcast booth this week and we quizzed him on the likely timeline for the second season, as well as his dream line-up for it.

“I have to be careful because we just got commissioned so I have no idea who is going to turn up,” prefaced the Londoner, revealing, unsurprisingly, that he expects a new villain - or villains - to step into the Hell’s Kitchen underworld. “Based on the show we’ve created, which is very grounded in reality, I’d like to see Punisher maybe show up, a little bit of Elektra maybe. I wouldn’t mind Black Widow making an appearance, and you can’t think about Daredevil for too long without thinking of Bullseye. I don’t know when or if or how that would happen, but it’d be cool if it did."

It’s a heck of a rogues’ gallery to work with and a reminder of how nicely poised Netflix’s first foray onto superhero turf is. Season two has now shifted ahead of Defenders on Netflix’s giant studio call sheet. “We’ll begin shooting in the second half of the year,” Cox revealed. “It’ll be the same timeline as the last show, so season two will come out about this time next year. Again, I’m imagining all this, but there’ll probably do Iron Fist or Luke Cage at the same time, followed by the other one [of the two] in the first half of 2016 and then maybe Defenders in the second half of 2016 or the beginning of 2017.”

Before then, of course, there’s A.K.A. Jessica Jones, in which Krysten Ritter and David Tennant do battle, to air and a screenplay or two to write. Cox, unsurprisingly, is champing to get back into the red suit. “What’s exciting is to have a season where [Matt Murdock] is really embodying his alter-ego before we get to the Defenders."
http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=44112
Old 04-24-15, 08:55 AM

Received 4,752 Likes on 3,218 Posts

Rumor that Dr. Strange could show up somehow in Iron Fist: http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/04/...medium=twitter
Old 04-24-15, 11:49 AM

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

So Colter has been on the last few episodes of the following, and he looks decently intimidating. He was on the show in a previous season, but I don't remember him being so much taller than everyone. Maybe Kevin bacon isn't wearing lifts this season.

So I'm warming up to him as cage.
Old 04-24-15, 09:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Solid Snake
It'll be interesting how they'll make use of characters like Widow, DD, Hawkeye, and the such against something like Thanos.
Fighting his minions? Luke cage is considered street level, but doesn't he have super hero strength.
Old 04-24-15, 09:57 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by superdeluxe
Fighting his minions? Luke cage is considered street level, but doesn't he have super hero strength.
Yeah. He does. The guy is a tough motherfucker.

Luke Cage possesses superhuman strength and stamina, and has extremely dense skin and muscle tissue, which render him highly resistant to physical injury
Old 04-24-15, 10:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I remember in the early New Avengers issues I read, he had super-strength and "I breakable skin," which is presumably some sort of invulnerability.

If there was God, Corey Yuen would work on Iron Fist.
Old 04-25-15, 08:14 PM
Banned

Fuck. And considering these guys know how to film a fight... that'd be amazing.
Old 04-28-15, 06:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts

Fresh off the success of Marvels Daredevil, Marvel and Netflix have started to design “Phase 2″ of their Netflix shows our sources tell us. They also tell us that one of their focuses will be on Frank Castle's The Punisher.

The Punisher makes sense for Netflix there’s not as many restrictions and they could definitely could make it more grittier than Daredevil. What do you Geekdom? Could Frank Castle have Success on Netflix?
Link
Old 04-28-15, 06:49 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

I just saw this, but realized there was basically no information and not even from a website i've heard of.
Old 04-28-15, 07:35 PM

Plus they said "more grittier"
Old 04-28-15, 07:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts

Yeah. I started cruising their website after posting and realized they basically regurgitate info from other sites. Sorry about that.
Old 04-29-15, 05:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Is Ryan Phillipe our Iron Fist?

his morning on the Howard Stern show, actor Ryan Phillippe told Howard that he was in talks with Marvel for something on Netflix. The 40-year old actor is currently starring in ABC’s Secrets And Lies… and ABC is owned by Disney. The major role that hasn’t been cast yet in the Netflix / Marvel deal is of course Daniel Rand / Iron Fist, Phillippe would definitely be a name to lead the fourth of the planned series. There has also been a rumor floating around about The Punisher joining the Netflix family of originals… he would make an interesting Frank Castle. Or maybe he is inline to be a villain… maybe even Bullseye for the second season of Daredevil.

Usually when an actor starts admitting he’s in talks for something, the talks are pretty far along. Hopefully we’ll hear more soon.
Hrmmmmm. Don't know the character enough to know if Ryan would work.
Old 04-29-15, 05:08 PM

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, he kind of annoys me, but.... i could also see it working.

Last edited by Big Boy Laroux; 04-29-15 at 05:42 PM.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.