Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Marvel / Netflix projects discussion thread - news, rumors, etc.

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Marvel / Netflix projects discussion thread - news, rumors, etc.

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-14, 12:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts
Re: Marvel's Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron Fist & Defenders coming to Net

Not a fan of either Ritter or Jessica Jones so it's the perfect match for me.
Old 12-05-14, 09:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Ropes Pierre
Alias - i came for the examination of the "hero" trope, and stayed for the implied anal sex.
Somehow think that will be omitted from this version.
Old 12-06-14, 03:36 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: Marvel's Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron Fist & Defenders coming to Net

Hey.... if we could get Mewling Quim in The Avengers... maybe we could get some neat wordplay in this too.

Not sure about Ritter. Not who I'd ever guess for Jessica Jones. She's very hit and miss. But I'd blame it more on the material than her.

Last edited by Solid Snake; 12-06-14 at 03:43 AM.
Old 12-20-14, 11:01 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.newsarama.com/23054-netfl...d-costume.html

The showrunner Steven S. DeKnight says the Netflix series will be the "exact opposite" of the Ben Affleck movie. Whatever the heck that means.

It's going to be more crime drama, less traditional superhero. It's much darker and grittier than anything Marvel has done before, but not Spartacus levels of violence of course.

The comic origin is retained, and DeKnight confirms that the black costume seen earlier is inspired by Frank Miller's Man Without Fear origin miniseries. DeKnight also confirms that Murdock will definitely get the classic red Daredevil costume as well.
Old 12-20-14, 11:21 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

No red costume, no sale!
Old 12-20-14, 11:25 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux
No red costume, no sale!

The last sentence of my post says that the red costume will be in it.

Personally, I hope the yellow costume show up too...
Old 12-20-14, 12:12 PM

Whoosh! haven't you been on this thread for a while?
Old 12-20-14, 04:57 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 809 Likes on 683 Posts

I read gritty crime drama as Hollywood speak for it is much cheaper to film a street-level Daredevil that avoids superheroes. Don't want to pay a costume designer? Go with Matt's ugly, improvised suit from one mini-series.

It will be interesting to see how these Netflix programs look in terms of production design. They didn't blow the budget out for Agents of SHIELD and that is on network television.
Old 12-20-14, 05:29 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
I read gritty crime drama as Hollywood speak for it is much cheaper to film a street-level Daredevil that avoids superheroes. Don't want to pay a costume designer? Go with Matt's ugly, improvised suit from one mini-series.

It will be interesting to see how these Netflix programs look in terms of production design. They didn't blow the budget out for Agents of SHIELD and that is on network television.
Gritty crime drama works very well for Daredevil. It is the closest character Marvel has to Batman. I expect this series to be somewhat similar to Nolan's Batman. And for the last fricking time, the black costume is temporary. It has been confirmed as much. The red costume will be in there as well. Good grief Charlie Brown. Comic fanboys are the absolute worst when it comes to this. They criticize everything no matter what.
Old 12-20-14, 06:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts

I can't believe there's absolutely zero chance of the red costume being used on screen!
Old 12-20-14, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by majorjoe23
I can't believe there's absolutely zero chance of the red costume being used on screen!
Seriously! I wish they'd release a statement about it at least.
Old 12-20-14, 07:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Seriously! I wish they'd release a statement about it at least.
I can't wait until they cast Nic Cage, He-Power Girl and Fisto.
Old 12-20-14, 08:54 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Wait, they're not using the red costume in this? Ugh, Marvel shitting the bed again
Old 12-22-14, 02:49 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I only half-read the last post in every thread. Personally, if having Daredevil shit his bed to make his series "dark & gritty" then I don't want any part of it. Seriously, I haven't shit the bed in years and I'm not even close to being a superhero!
Old 12-22-14, 02:51 PM

Received 4,558 Likes on 3,093 Posts

Mike Colter to Star as Luke Cage in Marvel's A.K.A. Jessica Jones:
http://marvel.com/news/tv/23866/mike..._jessica_jones
Old 12-22-14, 02:56 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Haven't seen anything he's done, but sounds good to me. Is the title really A.K.A. Jessica Jones? Weird.
Old 12-22-14, 03:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Dude looks pretty much how I pictured luke cage.
Old 12-22-14, 03:08 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by fumanstan
Haven't seen anything he's done, but sounds good to me. Is the title really A.K.A. Jessica Jones? Weird.
Yeah, that title is really dumb.

Also known as Jessica Jones? Luke Cage is also known as Jessica Jones? Is he a cross-dresser now?

Seriously, though wasn't Luke Cage supposed to get his own series? This sounds like he is just appearing in Jessica Jones' series. I thought all four (Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, and Iron Fist) were getting their own series.

I was really hoping they would cast the guy who played Doakes on Dexter. Surprise motherfucker!
Old 12-22-14, 03:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 186 Likes on 129 Posts

Old 12-22-14, 03:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by taffer
Yeah, that title is really dumb.

Also known as Jessica Jones? Luke Cage is also known as Jessica Jones? Is he a cross-dresser now?

Seriously, though wasn't Luke Cage supposed to get his own series? This sounds like he is just appearing in Jessica Jones' series. I thought all four (Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, and Iron Fist) were getting their own series.

I was really hoping they would cast the guy who played Doakes on Dexter. Surprise motherfucker!
Luke Cage and Iron Fist are each getting their own series according to the initial announcement. But Cage is showing up in AKAJJ first.

I think they're kind of screwed with the title. Jessica Jones by itself is kind of boring and Alias is too associated with the Jennifer Garner series.
Old 12-22-14, 03:52 PM

I mentioned this in the Agents of SHIELD thread, but the guy they cast as Mack (Henry Simmons) would have made a great Cage. I wonder if he gets confused on set with people saying "Simmons" all the time...

oh well, moot point.

but let's see what Colter looks like beefed up (most of the pictures I've seen, he looks more on the slender side).
Old 12-22-14, 03:56 PM

Luke Cage and Iron Fist are each getting their own series according to the initial announcement. But Cage is showing up in AKAJJ first.

I think they're kind of screwed with the title. Jessica Jones by itself is kind of boring and Alias is too associated with the Jennifer Garner series.

They should have gone with Jessica Jones: I.A.S.
Old 12-22-14, 04:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

They should have gone with Jessica Jones: I.A.S.
The International Accreditation Service? Institute for Advanced Study? International AIDS Society?

Is that something from the comic?
Old 12-23-14, 08:09 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 723 Likes on 528 Posts

I'll miss the 'fro, chain belt and yellow satin shirt.
Old 12-23-14, 09:53 AM

The International Accreditation Service? Institute for Advanced Study? International AIDS Society?

Is that something from the comic?
Implied Anal Sex

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.