Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Atlanta (FX) -- created by and starring Donald Glover -- Series Discussion Thread

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Atlanta (FX) -- created by and starring Donald Glover -- Series Discussion Thread

Old 09-29-22, 01:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 183 Likes on 106 Posts
Re: Atlanta (FX) -- created by and starring Donald Glover -- Series Discussion Thread

Yeah, this show is still firing on all cylinders and I'll miss it when it's gone. The way they brought together the two storylines in the second episode was perfect.
Old 09-30-22, 05:33 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 133 Likes on 101 Posts
Re: Atlanta (FX) -- created by and starring Donald Glover -- Series Discussion Thread

Last night’s episode was fantastic.

I about died when Earn’s mom gunned it out of the parking lot
The following users liked this post:
lisadoris (09-30-22)
Old 11-07-22, 09:48 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 133 Likes on 101 Posts

I'm a few episodes behind, but I am going to miss this show so much.

I just watched "Crank Dat Killer" and the sudden conclusion to the part with the wannabe rapper was great
Old 11-09-22, 05:08 PM

Received 3,430 Likes on 2,329 Posts

I let the season build up and have started going through it since the finale is this week. What I've watched so far is IMMENSELY better than Season 3, IMO. A return to form and really great stuff.
Old 11-12-22, 08:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 164 Likes on 109 Posts

Was nice to have everyone together for the finale. Well done episode in a great season. I laughed so many times. Iíll miss this show. It was never boring and always unexpected. A rare thing these days. I hope they release it on 4K UHD.
Old 11-12-22, 10:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 193 Likes on 142 Posts

Not pulling any punches with the Tyler Perry episode.

Someone on this show hit just the right notes. When tracking down her daughter, I felt upset too. Some filmmakers just get it right.
The following users liked this post:
bunkaroo (11-12-22)
Old 11-12-22, 11:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 164 Likes on 109 Posts

Agreed. Even if you donít like the stories they did, I donít think you can say this show isnít made extremely well. Great writing, direction and acting.
Old 11-16-22, 04:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 548 Likes on 400 Posts

We haven't watched the finale yet but the safe farm episode was some of the best TV I've seen in a long time. Everything about it was perfect and hilarious.