TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Big Brother 15

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-13, 02:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Re: Big Brother 15

Originally Posted by mwbmis
Howard's into dog fighting. He talked about it on the feeds a few weeks ago. I think that's a bigger offense that any of the other houseguests have made.
If Howard's into dogfighting that makes him one of the worst ones in the house. I don't see how he could reconcile this with being so religious when it is taking helpless animals that have no control over what they're bred for and putting them into fights to the death. They also use small bait dogs/cats, etc. to the get the dogs blood lust up. It's disgusting. If this is true, it totally changes my view of Howard and more should be made of it on the internet to expose him. This is the first I've heard of it...

Also, does anyone know what the scarring on his arms signifies? At first I thought it was just a cut that healed badly, but then noticed that he has similar cuts on both arms.
Old 08-02-13, 05:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 193 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by leeta
If Howard's into dogfighting that makes him one of the worst ones in the house. I don't see how he could reconcile this with being so religious when it is taking helpless animals that have no control over what they're bred for and putting them into fights to the death. They also use small bait dogs/cats, etc. to the get the dogs blood lust up. It's disgusting. If this is true, it totally changes my view of Howard and more should be made of it on the internet to expose him. This is the first I've heard of it...

Also, does anyone know what the scarring on his arms signifies? At first I thought it was just a cut that healed badly, but then noticed that he has similar cuts on both arms.
I don't have the feeds so I haven't watched the clip, but apparently he was talking about a friend of his who was involved in dog fighting, but Howard was able to talk in detail about it. Those who've heard have mentioned that that it's pretty damning.
Old 08-04-13, 04:33 PM
MrE
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mwbmis
Howard's into dog fighting. He talked about it on the feeds a few weeks ago. I think that's a bigger offense that any of the other houseguests have made.
Link, please? As I understand it, Howard talked about a friend of his that was into dog fighting, which isn't the same his being "into" it at all.
Old 08-04-13, 07:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 193 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by MrE
Link, please? As I understand it, Howard talked about a friend of his that was into dog fighting, which isn't the same his being "into" it at all.
That's what I said. See two posts above yours. He had a lot of details.
Old 08-04-13, 08:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts

I don't really like any of these people. I mean other then being in love with Jessie I don't think I'd be watching this show anymore.
Old 08-04-13, 11:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts

Agreed, this is an extremely boring cast to me. Feels like a bunch of scrubs other than maybe Amanda. Jessie keeps me watching too. Love her body.
Old 08-04-13, 11:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Finisher
Agreed, this is an extremely boring cast to me. Feels like a bunch of scrubs other than maybe Amanda. Jessie keeps me watching too. Love her body.
He didn't say he was bored by the cast as much as he disliked them. Amanda may prove to be worse than Aaryn, because I don't think Aaryn knows better.

However, while the producers have been willing to give Amanda the evil bitch edit, they haven't shown the overtly racist, violent and beyond trashy things she says on a regular basis.

I agree that Jessie is the only person that I can genuinely hope gets the $500,000. Elissa wouldn't be terrible, Judd wouldn't be terrible and that's about it, unless McCrae keeps up with showing the side he did in tonight's episode where he didn't let Amanda be cruel without calling her out a bit.
Old 08-08-13, 06:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Bumping for tonight's episode.

For those who haven't peeked into the AfterDark thread, after tonight's show would be a good time to to look at some of the compiled videos of the HGs' atrocious behavior and news articles about some of them... just a suggestion

This is the worst cast hands down in the history of BB.
Old 08-08-13, 07:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by leeta
Bumping for tonight's episode.

For those who haven't peeked into the AfterDark thread, after tonight's show would be a good time to to look at some of the compiled videos of the HGs' atrocious behavior and news articles about some of them... just a suggestion

This is the worst cast hands down in the history of BB.
The sex cast was pretty awful but this one is definitely worse. I hope they have the courage to not just give Amanda a bitch edit like last time, but also show the horrible things she's said. She's worse than Aaryn because she should know better. Aaryn is young and ignorant so she'll probably quit the KKK soon.

I can't believe how far Judd has dropped. He's been horrible to Jessie. Yes, she's young and needy but he was more than happy to be with her when she was his only choice. Now that Aaryn feels like she needs male attention again, he's dumped her like a sack of potatoes. Not only has he been brutal to her, but if he can't see Aaryn for what she is (hell, as annoying as she might be, only Elissa seems to know who's poison in the cast), then I have zero respect for the guy.

I'm still on the fence about Andy. I hope he realizes how bad some of the people are and he's just keeping his mouth shut to move on in the game, but I'm not sure either way. His facial expressions when some of the worst stuff is being said, suggests he realizes it's terrible, but that could also be more of Grodner and teams creative editing. I am not even sure how I would handle Amanda or Aaryn winning. I'm pretty sure Amanda's parents won't even be able to protect her job. At minimum, she's going to get her license suspended and she can't believe why America doesn't love her. I so expected her to dump McCrae after the show but he'll be the one doing the dumping.
Old 08-08-13, 08:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,726 Likes on 1,882 Posts

Goddamn... that was an eviction. Thought Julie was going to have to go in there and break it up.
Old 08-08-13, 09:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,726 Likes on 1,882 Posts

...and HOLEE SHEEIT! That was a fucking blindside!

Presumably the Sunday episode will give the details of Judd's eviction.
Old 08-08-13, 09:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts

Updates from Jokers:

Judd is gone and Helen is giving them a pep talk about how good for their game it was to get him out.

They are talking about the way Candice left. GM says NY is so expensive she doesn't care that she lives with her parents

Helen + Amanda saying why Judd had to go so bad. They say he wanted to work w/McCrae + wanted the girls gone, Jessie most of all.
Old 08-08-13, 09:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What's with the black mark on Jessie's leg? I don't think it's there all the time, I only notice it on eviction nights.
Old 08-08-13, 09:33 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

After following the east coast feed, I don't even feel like watching GM bring even more hate to this terrible season.

Edit to add: very classy exit speech by Candice. It showed me a lot that she didn't take any cheap shots at anyone and even complimented Amanda's gameplay. Elissa and Jessie aren't very good at this game but they are the only people I have respect for. Not that my opinion matters, but I'm pretty sure the general public and a huge majority of the feeders feels mostly the same way.

Edit to add: ok, I know she's done and said awful things, but I actually felt bad for Aaryn tonight. She won to comps and she's completely afraid to make her own decisions.

Last edited by dolphinboy; 08-08-13 at 10:51 PM.
Old 08-08-13, 09:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts

In kitchen Aaryn is explaining her moves and logic behind it to Spencer. Said reason she is still in house is because Judd lied about a fake alliance and had Kaitlin evicted. so she feels bad putting Judd up and having him evicted but feels its justified because it needed to be done.
Old 08-08-13, 10:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 419 Likes on 303 Posts

These people are morons at this point, and stop voting think you are going to piss off Helen or Amanda. You might as well write either one the check at this point.
Old 08-08-13, 11:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
...and HOLEE SHEEIT! That was a fucking blindside!

Presumably the Sunday episode will give the details of Judd's eviction.
Basically Amanda is a paranoid nutjob and thought Judd was coming after her,Andy thought Judd was playing the same game as him and wanted him gone and Elissa and Helen had no deal with Judd and when they tried to get him to vote Candice he was having none of it so they were playing into Amanda's he is a shady mastermind paranoid when really he was just someone who was loyal to the Goof Troop and was quit the useless non threat.
Old 08-08-13, 11:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by dolphinboy
I can't believe how far Judd has dropped. He's been horrible to Jessie. Yes, she's young and needy but he was more than happy to be with her when she was his only choice. Now that Aaryn feels like she needs male attention again, he's dumped her like a sack of potatoes. Not only has he been brutal to her, but if he can't see Aaryn for what she is (hell, as annoying as she might be, only Elissa seems to know who's poison in the cast), then I have zero respect for the guy.

Jessie got the last laugh tonight. I didn't know that he was treating her so badly. I was glad that Jessie could vote Judd out w/o showing any emotion. She didn't say goodbye to him and he totally ignored her all evening. Lost a lot of respect for Judd and Jessie went up in my book.

I've pretty much given up hope that a "good guy" will win this season. They were idiots for not taking the opportunity to vote out Amanda.

Loved Candice's exit!
Old 08-09-13, 11:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts

These people are driving me crazy. They've given the same reason for each of the last few evictions and talking about that persons shady game play. Howard was dumb as a box of rocks and wasn't coming after anybody. Candice wasn't going after Amanda or McCrae. Jessie isn't the brightest bulb in the drawer yet they want to come after her. This whole group think is worse then it's been in every previous season I think. I mean we're still having unanamous votes this late in the season?
Old 08-09-13, 12:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,932 Likes on 1,494 Posts

Yeah, I don't understand why Aaryn is so beholden to Helen at this point that she seemingly concedes all her power to her every single time. Maybe it's just the edit. But she's got one rock solid ally in GM, and at this point you'd think she'd start exploring her options, because it's not like Helen wouldn't turn on her in an instant.

Also, I don't remember ever seeing a unanimous vote where it seems like at least half of them did it "because that's what everyone else wanted." The next episode is going to have to do a lot of work to make sense of all of this to casual viewers, I think.
Old 08-09-13, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 740 Likes on 366 Posts

Originally Posted by Howie2000
Basically Amanda is a paranoid nutjob and thought Judd was coming after her,Andy thought Judd was playing the same game as him and wanted him gone and Elissa and Helen had no deal with Judd and when they tried to get him to vote Candice he was having none of it so they were playing into Amanda's he is a shady mastermind paranoid when really he was just someone who was loyal to the Goof Troop and was quit the useless non threat.
Howie, you're alive! So when is Tennis Sheep starting?
Old 08-10-13, 07:00 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by dolphinboy
Edit to add: ok, I know she's done and said awful things, but I actually felt bad for Aaryn tonight. She won to comps and she's completely afraid to make her own decisions.
She's not afraid to make her own decisions. She knows if she doesn't follow the house they're just going to vote her out.

She knows all the horrible things she's said and has started to get the idea that she doesn't want to leave the house for fear of it.

She has no power whatsoever in that house and she knows it. That's why they're all thinking of taking her to Final 2 because no one will ever vote for her.

And America can't stand that.
Old 08-15-13, 05:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I've suspected they read off of cue cards in the Diary Room for years, Elyssa's painful expanation of estimating the amount of items was laughable. Way to mispronounce words Einstein.
Old 08-15-13, 06:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Evan Meadow
She's not afraid to make her own decisions. She knows if she doesn't follow the house they're just going to vote her out.

She knows all the horrible things she's said and has started to get the idea that she doesn't want to leave the house for fear of it.

She has no power whatsoever in that house and she knows it. That's why they're all thinking of taking her to Final 2 because no one will ever vote for her.

And America can't stand that.
Amanda and McCrae will never take her to the F2 and those are the biggest allies she's aligned herself with.

There are other people in the house, you know like Jessie, GM, Spencer and Aaryn could have easily made a power move. Right now, only winning several more comps could get Aaryn a victory in the F2 (imo) and probably only against Amanda. If she had anything else on her resume besides winning comps, she at least would have a powerful argument at the end no matter how the jury views her or how the viewers think of her. Which I don't think she has much of an idea of either. From what I've read, she's only worried that Candice and Howard complaining (wrongfully in her crazy mind) that she did some racist things might have given the viewers the wrong impression of her.

It also seems like Amanda has no sense of how she's perceived. I have more suspicions about what production might share with the jury, but it doesn't look like they've been tipped off.

Aaryn didn't make any kind of bold move because she hated the idea of working with certain people, not because there weren't other options that could have worked and shown that she had a spine. Now, whether she makes the F2 or not, she will always be perceived as Amanda's puppet (and as a racist b*tch).
Old 08-19-13, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Maybe it's the edits, but like Amanda or not, she really does seem to be running the house, with McCrae as her sounding board.

I think Judd had some game, but she got him out. Helen has a LOT of game, but she's been truly fooled by this latest alliance Amanda brainstormed between Helen, McCrae and Andy. I think the game is Amanda's to lose at this point...but again, that's based on what we're seeing through editing.

If Judd makes it back in the house this week from the jury house competition, it could certainly shake things up though.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.