TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Survivor: One World -- "Never Say Die" -- 4/25/12

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-12, 02:16 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Survivor: One World -- "Never Say Die" -- 4/25/12

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
I hope they have a final three of Christina, Kat, and Tarzan.
That would be the greatest f3 ever but it happening might mean the world would end but I am still rooting for it.
Old 04-26-12, 05:40 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by davidh777
Kim must have hoodwinked me too because I thought Sabrina was much higher in the pecking order, like almost Chelsea-esque.
Ditto, I thought Sabrina was the "real" #2 and the others were just sock puppets. Maybe she was and Kim no longer needs a number 2 (or maybe Survivor is misleading us as usual).
Old 04-26-12, 06:00 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

I'm sorry... did Kat say she's calling the shots? Did I hear her correctly??
Old 04-26-12, 06:26 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dfmaverick2
I'd watch a show of nothing but Kat, Chelsea and Christina lubed up in oil sliding around...wait...just did.
I'd watch a show of nothing but Tarzan in his blue speedo lubed up in oil sliding around.

The wild pig was the only part of this episode I enjoyed.
Old 04-26-12, 06:37 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by TimeandTide
Christina could very well be the dumbest Survivor contestant ever.
I really didn't think so before last night's episode.

But when Sabrina point-blank told her "We're throwing 2 votes your way, just in case Troyzan has the idol"...lol. She was perfectly okay with that. Either she knew Troy *definitely* didn't have an idol, or she just couldn't comprehend. After the reward challenge, she should have. Sad.
Old 04-26-12, 07:08 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I call bullshit on the pig. That's no wild pig. It was practically trained.
Old 04-26-12, 07:44 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,823 Likes on 1,942 Posts

Originally Posted by Nabalab
I really didn't think so before last night's episode.

But when Sabrina point-blank told her "We're throwing 2 votes your way, just in case Troyzan has the idol"...lol. She was perfectly okay with that. Either she knew Troy *definitely* didn't have an idol, or she just couldn't comprehend. After the reward challenge, she should have. Sad.
She's one of the most passive people they've had on, I think.

I don't know... maybe people like Kim and Boston Rob are just really good at snowing people, but I have a hard time believing that everyone thinks they're "number two." You're out there on an island 24/7 with nothing to do but interact with the people you're competing against. I can't imagine that these people wouldn't start picking up a lot of cues on just where sit on the totem pole.
Old 04-26-12, 07:47 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

12 hours and 46 minutes have gone by since the show aired and still no gif of Chelsea lubing herself up? Embarrassing.

I don't care what anyone says, i'm rooting for Christina and her incredible "assets". Best female survivor cast of all time.
Old 04-26-12, 08:18 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 628 Likes on 504 Posts

Originally Posted by Brian Gentz
This is heading towards my least favorite season, even in the truly awful seasons I've had players I liked... Not a single player to root for this season.
Yeah. For all the whining about bringing back former players and Redemption Island, I enjoyed the last several seasons far more than this one.

Even a revelations/pecking order reward challenge couldn't shake the inevitability up.

Christina might be the dumbest Asian person ever.

12 hours and 46 minutes have gone by since the show aired and still no gif of Chelsea lubing herself up?
What's hilarious is that there was no point to the slip and slide except to have the girls glisten. They could only slide about 1/3 of the way down and it really didn't make a difference in the outcomes.
Old 04-26-12, 08:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 385 Likes on 242 Posts

Kat frustrated that people don't think she's running the game. What an idiot.

Sabrina telling Christina that they were going to throw a couple of votes in her direction in case Troyzan had an idol, but she wasn't in danger. What an idiot.

Christina having no clue that this meant she could be in danger. What an idiot.

Alicia indicating she's a teacher and wondered if it's possible to have a zero IQ. What an idiot.

Tarzan... I don't need to say anymore.
Old 04-26-12, 08:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 388 Likes on 313 Posts

Troyzan completely boned himself by voting for Christina. He should have worked endlessly to corerce Kat to vote for either Chelsea, Sabrina or the disgusting chick. He could have formed a powerful alliance that way. By voting Christina he divided the votes three ways, completely wasted Tarzan's vote and had NO chance of staying alive.

I realize, after having typed this that Kat is a moron and will probably finish 3rd or 4th by default either way.
Old 04-26-12, 09:06 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
I don't know... maybe people like Kim and Boston Rob are just really good at snowing people, but I have a hard time believing that everyone thinks they're "number two." You're out there on an island 24/7 with nothing to do but interact with the people you're competing against. I can't imagine that these people wouldn't start picking up a lot of cues on just where sit on the totem pole.
Agree completely. There's just no justification, no matter how dumb you are, to follow along like a lost puppy dog...if I was playing the game, post-merge I would be making damn sure I'm calling the shots one way or another, because you simply cannot trust anybody in this game. You do it diplomatically, but good lord the way these people are following the leader instead of trying to control their own destiny these last few seasons has just gotten ridiculous.
Old 04-26-12, 09:31 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 762 Likes on 493 Posts

Originally Posted by misterchimpy
That's not true at all. I was totally rooting for the pig in tonight's episode--it had more personality and intelligence than the rest of the cast combined.
Me, too. In past seasons, I would have been happy for the contestants to have found some food. This time, I was rooting for the pig to get away. It definitely seemed like Troyzan was half-assing it trying to catch the pig. I loved how he explained how the girls thought they would be able to eat the pig. It probably isn't too far from the truth. They are pretty dumb.
Old 04-26-12, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Rob V
Troyzan completely boned himself by voting for Christina. He should have worked endlessly to corerce Kat to vote for either Chelsea, Sabrina or the disgusting chick. He could have formed a powerful alliance that way. By voting Christina he divided the votes three ways, completely wasted Tarzan's vote and had NO chance of staying alive.
That was the best thing Troyzan could have done with his vote. He found out they were splitting the vote and Christina was one of the votes against him, but she was switching her vote to Chelsea. That leaves 6 votes that are being split between Troyzan and Christina. If Kim had decided to split the votes 4-3 (4 going to Tarzan), then Troyzan's vote for Christina would have worked perfectly. Instead, Kim split the votes 5-2 and sealed Troyzan's fate.

I'm not sure what you mean by saying he completely wasted Tarzan's vote. Tarzan has been voting with Kim since the tribe's merged. In last week's episode, he even told Troyzan to his face that he was trying to get him out.
Old 04-26-12, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by dino88
That was the best thing Troyzan could have done with his vote. He found out they were splitting the vote and Christina was one of the votes against him, but she was switching her vote to Chelsea. That leaves 6 votes that are being split between Troyzan and Christina. If Kim had decided to split the votes 4-3 (4 going to Tarzan), then Troyzan's vote for Christina would have worked perfectly. Instead, Kim split the votes 5-2 and sealed Troyzan's fate.
Exactly why he should have really focused his attention on swaying Kat -- she was already disenchanted with Kim from the reward challenge. Like others have said, this cast is mostly stupid and ball-less (no pun intended).
Old 04-26-12, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 385 Likes on 242 Posts

Exactly why he should have really focused his attention on swaying Kat -- she was already disenchanted with Kim from the reward challenge.
It was a long shot, but I would have picked up on the fact that Kat wants so much to be seen as a strong player and a leader rather than a follower. I would have approached her and asked, "Who do you want to vote out? What should the plan be?"
Old 04-26-12, 11:10 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Exactly why he should have really focused his attention on swaying Kat -- she was already disenchanted with Kim from the reward challenge. Like others have said, this cast is mostly stupid and ball-less (no pun intended).
He was trying to sway Kat for several days. We even saw him trying last week. I think when someone refuses to talk to you, tells you to shut up, and walks away, you must know things are not going your way.

Even if Kat had flipped, Troyzan would have still gone home. If her vote was supposed to be one of the Christina votes, then Troyzan would still be voted out 4-3-1. If she was meant to be a Troyzan vote and switched, all she would do is cause a tie (3-3-2). They would revote and those two votes for Christina would turn into votes for Troyzan. He's gone either way.

Troyzan played it as best as he possibly could in his situation.
Old 04-26-12, 11:38 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know I'm in the minority, but Alicia lubed up

I haven't watched survivor since the first season, but flipped the channel waiting for Modern Family, saw her in her leopard bikini bottoms, and have been watching ever since.
Old 04-26-12, 12:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by joliom
Agreed.
Old 04-26-12, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by hasslein
Alicia lubed up
Fixed
Old 04-26-12, 12:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts

Releasing tame pigs has been occasionally happening (allegedly) on Survivor since season two.

Last edited by Jeremy517; 04-26-12 at 12:53 PM.
Old 04-26-12, 12:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Also, at playing Sheep for the reward challenge. Jeff did a poor job of explaining it to viewers though.
Old 04-26-12, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WOMGdFKAqzg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Troy agrees that this is the dumbest cast ever.
Old 04-26-12, 01:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Jeremy517
Releasing tame pigs has been occasionally happening (allegedly) on Survivor since season two.

I wouldn't say Jerri Manthey was tame. Maybe when she returned for All-Stars.
Old 04-26-12, 02:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 332 Likes on 248 Posts

Yep, definitely a "planted" pig by the producers...which is probably why it didn't get killed.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.