TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Ink Master (Paramount Network)

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-14, 02:42 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
re: Ink Master (Paramount Network)

Originally Posted by madcougar
Have no clue why I'm a sucker for this show (as I have no ink of my own), but I sure wish they do a better job of finding artists next season. This bunch was not very good. And the fact Jason won kinda taints the already thin premise of finding an "ink master" on a televised competition.
Jason won?! WTF? I rarely watch finales of reality competition shows, because as a general rule they're drawn out and boring. But I assumed clean rock was going to walk away with this.
Old 12-18-14, 11:05 AM

yes, Jason won. And actually he was the right choice. He by no means was the best artist nor did he have the best tattoo of the night. But he was the only artist who stayed within the tattoo challenge type that he was given. Had to kill these guys to declare Jason the winner.
I am not a big fan of these guys arguing about the lamest stuff...Just gets so old and annoying.. I think the reason that this show allows crappy artists on is just so that they can eliminate most of them easily. I can not understand how they find people to allow most of these artists to just blindly tattoo them.
Oh well, I am in for next season...
did anyone see that tattoo therapist show that followed the finale? WTF????
Old 12-18-14, 07:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by metman86
did anyone see that tattoo therapist show that followed the finale? WTF????
Didn't see that....will look for it. Gaw! The finale was a fucking bore with the same assholes (contestants who got the boot) STILL fighting (or coaxed into it by producers). As others have posted, I hope next season is back to actual talent!
Old 12-19-14, 11:44 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Cleen was def the best artisit IMHO, but I agree with what Dave said. The team that wins the Superbowl, may not have been the best team all year, but they did what took to win it all, and showed up in the finale.
Old 12-20-14, 12:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

In England at the moment and not had a chance to see the final. Hearing Jason won makes me laugh. The perfect end to a piss poor season. The worst out of the final three wins. Jason cannot draw for shit. This show has better improve next season with its choice of artists as I started losing interest this season.

Oh and I have no ink as well, but like the show and appreciate good work.
Old 06-13-15, 05:25 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

New season begins 6-23-15 on Spike TV. I really hope they cut down on the asinine "drama" and focus more on the tattoos (like earlier seasons).
Old 06-14-15, 01:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 799 Likes on 567 Posts

I like this show a lot, even though I find tattoos thoroughly déclassé. Also highly enjoyable is that show about building furniture.
Old 06-14-15, 10:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

I wish they would bring back the truly best artists and have an all-stars season without all the contrived stuff. There would be more than enough egos in that group to ensure plenty of drama, while still delivering week after week of solid tattoos and real competition.
Old 06-14-15, 10:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

I just checked and the first episode of Season 6 is available On Demand on Directv.
Old 06-15-15, 06:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by leeta
I just checked and the first episode of Season 6 is available On Demand on Directv.
Cool. Thanks for the info. Will watch tonight.
Old 06-16-15, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Watched the first episode On Demand. I was very impressed with most of the artists. Most of the tattoos were very good. Just a few stinky ones in the bunch and of course one of the artists who did the worst work was sent home.

Looking forward to this season. Wish there was more eye candy though.
Old 06-16-15, 06:22 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Watched on On Demand as well. Enjoyed the episode.
Old 06-24-15, 02:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Anyone catch the Master vs Master one off before the season premier? They had Steve Teff, Joey Hamilton, Scott Marshall and the Troll (Jason Clay Dunn) compete for 10K. Shane O'Neill was no where to be seen. I think he'd have won. If this one off proved anything it's that Jason Clay Dunn is the worst Ink Master ever. How he won I"ll never know.
Old 06-24-15, 03:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Fuck that little whiny garden gnome.
Old 06-25-15, 01:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by madcougar
Anyone catch the Master vs Master one off before the season premier? They had Steve Teff, Joey Hamilton, Scott Marshall and the Troll (Jason Clay Dunn) compete for 10K. Shane O'Neill was no where to be seen. I think he'd have won. If this one off proved anything it's that Jason Clay Dunn is the worst Ink Master ever. How he won I"ll never know.
That pretty young woman with the 4-on-1 ruined herself, and she'll regret it in the future.
I was highly dismayed that that ubertool Scott won. I do think his final tattoo was better than Steve's downright boring skull, but Steve was right in contending that both Obama tats were much better than either Bush tat, though Jason's was hands-down the worst.
By the way, why does everyone here hate Jason?
Old 06-25-15, 07:44 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Enjoyed the first ep.

Originally Posted by Norm de Plume
That pretty young woman with the 4-on-1 ruined herself, and she'll regret it in the future.
I was highly dismayed that that ubertool Scott won. I do think his final tattoo was better than Steve's downright boring skull, but Steve was right in contending that both Obama tats were much better than either Bush tat, though Jason's was hands-down the worst.
By the way, why does everyone here hate Jason?
Because all he does is whine and hes not a very good tattoo artist.
Old 06-25-15, 10:55 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Thrush
Because all he does is whine and hes not a very good tattoo artist.
This. The guy is delusional. I don't think he ever did a truly great tattoo.
Old 06-25-15, 06:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Oh, I didn't detect Jason's whinging. I can't stand arrogant people who think they're better than everyone else and don't hesitate airing that thought.
Old 06-26-15, 10:19 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Norm de Plume
Oh, I didn't detect Jason's whinging. I can't stand arrogant people who think they're better than everyone else and don't hesitate airing that thought.
As a general rule, it doesn't bother me too much when they can put their money where their mouth is. The troll can't. The other three guys definitely can.
Old 07-02-15, 07:11 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

What an interesting dynamic this season (master/apprentice), in having someone actually speak up defending another artist. Of course they then had to go the manufactured drama route with "shut up man, I can fight my own battles".

Week 1 had better tattoos overall than week 2. I think because no one can really do good American traditional anymore (we've seen this on pretty much every season). When done well, they can look really good, but it's definitely not a very popular style anymore. These days, people go for new school and photo realism. Only true tattoo nuts would get an American traditional tattoo, for history reasons only.
Old 07-02-15, 09:52 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yeah I'd be shocked if I saw an American traditional tattoo on someone under 60.
Old 07-02-15, 11:28 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

I saw a 20-something year old in the airport one time with a sleeve composed of multiple small American traditional tatoos. And they were all done VERY well, so it was a very cool-looking sleeve.

But yeah, definitely not too common on young-uns these days.
Old 07-02-15, 02:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Let's all get an American traditional tattoo in honor of 'Merica's birthday this weekend! Who's with me!?
Old 07-03-15, 07:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

Well I managed to finally see the Masters episode. It really showed how bad Jason is. He is truly terrible but thinks he is amazing. Just totally delusional. I was really happy that Scott won. He is cocky for sure, but he is possibly the best artist ever on this show. Only Shane O Neil comes close. I love how the other three were hanging up and complaining about him...I think they knew they were up against it.

As for the new series, good to see some better artists this time around. Glad to see the return of the black guy for a previous season (name escapes me right now). He is very talented and I think he will certainly be in the final if not win the whole thing.
Old 07-30-15, 07:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Anyone watching? Gaw! The losing tattoo was horrible!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.