TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Ink Master (Paramount Network)

Old 10-12-16, 09:35 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

re: Ink Master (Paramount Network)

Glad one of the girls got eliminated. I cant stand the chick with the dark hair. She has something to say to the judges every time they dare to criticize any of the girls tattoos.
Old 10-13-16, 08:04 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Yeah that girl (Nikki i think is her name) is annoying as shit. Its clear that she is at best an average artist that feels safer with others with more skill sets protecting her. Thats why she is fighting to hard to defend any of the girls. Glad to see Gia go as she was not much better. I do have to admit that i thought her tattoo was a lot better than Bonefaces. The tattoo he did was horrible. Gian is proving to be possibly the best artist, which is surprising. But he has done solid work.

It was funny when Boneface in one of the last episodes said to Nikki "Why do people think you look 50 when you're only 24." She does look old as hell and the judges need to tell her to shut the hell up. No way in hell she gets anywhere near the final though and will be happy to see her go.

And it doesn't surprise me that Spike is trying to gear this show towards women. So many women these days destroy their bodies with horrible tattoos that it obviously appeals to a lot of them. I think in my life i have only ever seen about 3 women with tattoos and found that they suit them. The rest simply look like trailer trash.
Old 10-13-16, 09:56 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

No way in hell shes 24.
Old 10-15-16, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by james2025a View Post

And it doesn't surprise me that Spike is trying to gear this show towards women. So many women these days destroy their bodies with horrible tattoos that it obviously appeals to a lot of them. I think in my life i have only ever seen about 3 women with tattoos and found that they suit them. The rest simply look like trailer trash.
This is not my attempt at a personal attack but why would someone who feels this way watch a show about tattoos?

I don't mind this season. I do agree Nikki is annoying as hell and looks way older than 24. I'm just glad there isn't a St. Mark "character" this year. Gian really impressed me with that pinup. He might be a tough one to beat. I'm pulling for Eric Gonzalez. He's flying under the radar and doing good tattoos.
Old 10-15-16, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by Toddarino View Post
I don't mind this season. I do agree Nikki is annoying as hell and looks way older than 24. I'm just glad there isn't a St. Mark "character" this year. Gian really impressed me with that pinup. He might be a tough one to beat. I'm pulling for Eric Gonzalez. He's flying under the radar and doing good tattoos.
Agree on Eric - this has been a weird format with only half the artists tattooing each week. At least now we can get to see all of them at once.

Ryan is obviously nice to look at, but her face alternates between ok and like really super-duper wide. I don't mind her face tattoos - but geez, Gia's forehead tattoo was hoooooorrible. eek.

As for women and tattoos, i personally love it. Good tattoos can be damn sexy. My wife doesn't have any tattoos, and i consider that beautiful as well. so i guess my viewpoint is, if you're attractive, tattoos don't ruin it.
Old 12-07-16, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Re: The Finale

Spoiler:
No surprise, -a woman has won "Ink Master". It seemed a forgone conclusion since they've been beating us over the head about it all season. Interesting finale, with the crowd clearly backing Kelli Doty, but the TV audience voting her out. It's sexist, sure, but I can't help wondering if her "look" worked against her when compared to Ryan.

Last edited by DWilson; 12-07-16 at 10:01 AM.
Old 12-07-16, 05:06 PM

WTF was with the Dave Navarro body suspension opening?
Old 12-07-16, 08:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Toddarino View Post
This is not my attempt at a personal attack but why would someone who feels this way watch a show about tattoos?
I have a very low opinion of tattoos, but I watch this show because of the artistry, and because I am an artist myself.
Old 07-13-17, 11:44 AM

I decided to check out a couple of episodes of the new season with the shops going against each other. No longer am i gonna check this show out. Its just utter bullshit now. All fighting and alliances and shit like that. If they just concentrated on the actual art and work i would stick with it. But its so repetitious now with them saying the same shit over and over and them trying to convince us that each week they are testing the artists on something different. Its all the same shit.

No more, unless this show gets seriously overhauled. Which i doubt.
Old 07-15-17, 12:36 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

My viewership of this show has been reduced to the last 5 minutes. I FF to the finale judging and then I'm done.
Old 03-27-18, 08:56 AM

The original tattoo-competition "Ink Master: Angels" has been renewed for a second season by Paramount Network. The series from Truly Original features three of the top female competitors from Season 8 of flagship series "Ink Master" - Ryan Ashley, Kelly Doty and Nikki Simpson - who travel the country and go up against some of America's most talented tattoo artists. Competitors will face a variety of tattoo-based challenges to see who has what it takes to beat the "Angels." The second season of 10 hour-long episodes will debut on the Paramount Network in March 27, 2018.
Old 04-24-18, 09:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Ink Master (Paramount Network)

I have the last two episodes, including tonight's, PVRed. If I find out that cocky asshole Josh won, I'll just erase them. He's the biggest knob since St. Marq.
Old 06-11-19, 06:53 AM

Season 12 of Ink Master, titled Ink Master: Battle Of The Sexes, will premiere Tuesday, June 11 at 10 p.m. ET/PT (watch the trailer here). The new season features teams of male and female artists competing against each other in the ultimate battle for a chance to win $100,000, an editorial feature in Inked and the coveted "Ink Master" title. Past contestants and fan favorites will return throughout the season to coach the teams in various challenges during the competition. Season 13 is slated to premiere in 2020. Each season will consist of 16 one-hour episodes. Produced by Truly Original and hosted by Dave Navarro, Ink Master continues to be a ratings powerhouse for Paramount Network.
Old 06-11-19, 07:41 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

My DVR shows the episode, but lists a different season, different episode, -I took a chance and plugged it in anyway. Apparently, they're not doing an "ink"-related show following the episode, as has been tradition.
Old 06-11-19, 12:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I might be done with this show. Watched every season so far but I hated the last couple. Some of the tattoo criticisms and decisions, plus the teams and alliances/advantages has taken away too much from the actual tattooing. I'll give it a try and see.
Old 06-11-19, 06:39 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

I only know this is back on from you guys here, as I don't have the channel anymore..