TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Hell's Kitchen---Discussion Thread for Remainder of Season

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-08, 07:45 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,641 Likes on 2,613 Posts
Hell's Kitchen---Discussion Thread for Remainder of Season

Photobucket

Well, it seems like the interest in this show has dropped considerably in this forum. I think it mainly has to do with the show not being on in it's usual summer timeslot and with there still being so many shows to watch. I remember creating individual episode threads last summer and it would get 4-5 pages of discussion. Anyways, here's a generic thread for the remainder of the season.
Old 04-22-08, 09:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's about time Craig went, but Matt served raw chicken to kids, thats alot worse than not knowing how to cook spaghetti in my opinion.
Old 04-22-08, 10:21 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Craig
I don't know what percentage is... but, just, over that.
Amazing. And Matt really needs to go. But so does Jen and most of them for all I care. Someone's said it before, but this lot of chefs seems fairly incompetent.
Old 04-22-08, 10:35 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Ben has had some problems, but he doesn't seem to be as big of a fuck-up of some of the other guys.
Old 04-23-08, 07:33 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
What is with some of these male cooks? They seem to be on xanax while cooking.
Old 04-23-08, 07:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Gordon yelling at them for celebrating while losing was classic.

I hated Craig since I saw him with that stupid tall chef's hat. The good part about them selecting all shitty cooks is that someone you hate gets kicked off every week.
Old 04-23-08, 09:00 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Most of them are pretty bad. Gordon seems to hate Ben with a passion, but he still seems to know what he's doing for the most part. Bobby doesn't screw up very much, but I don't think he has a ton of talent. Matt is awful and so was Craig so he was the logical choice to go.

I don't see how the women keep winning all the time. They don't seem that great either. I don't think any of them (men or women) could actually last a day in Gordon's real restaurant.
Old 04-23-08, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Amazing to see how different the caliber of chefs are between this show and Top Chef. I just can't imagine that these are the best of what is available to them.

Line of the night last night:
Craig: I don't know percentages... but more than that.
Old 04-23-08, 09:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Matt looks like a serial killer. He reminds me of Son of Sam. Gordon needs to stay out of the sun. JP is still the Man.
Old 04-23-08, 12:01 PM

Craig was a dipshit, however, I'm surprised Matt didn't get axed because I recall last season some dude served raw chicken and Ramsey went apeshit about killing people. Matt served the chicken to children....

Oh well. One more idiot gone.
Old 04-23-08, 01:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by chrisih8u
I hated Craig since I saw him with that stupid tall chef's hat. The good part about them selecting all shitty cooks is that someone you hate gets kicked off every week.
Except what is the point? None of these idiots is going to be able to run his restaurant as the "prize". Seems to me they'd win, run it into the ground for one evening and then be fired.

All of them just suck so bad. Like Jason was a complete f-ing moron. Every other thing out of his most was sexist - that's a chick's job in reference to desserts? WTF?

Who doesn't know how to make SPAGHETTI?!?!?!
Old 04-23-08, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I loved Gordon telling JP to take his tie off and the expression of JP's face was priceless!
Old 04-23-08, 01:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by rfduncan

Who doesn't know how to make SPAGHETTI?!?!?!
Cooking spaghetti is damn easy with store-bought noodle - but making it from scratch is whole different story.
Old 04-23-08, 02:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by McHawkson
Cooking spaghetti is damn easy with store-bought noodle - but making it from scratch is whole different story.
I believe that the fresh pasta was already prepared. All Craig had to do was bring it to a boil and he couldn't even get that right!
Old 04-23-08, 02:41 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by McHawkson
It has more steps but is extremely easy to make:

Pasta Dough
1 3/4 cups (8 ounces) all-purpose flour
6 large egg yolks
1 large egg
1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
1 tablespoon milk

I've made fresh pasta from scratch since I was out of college. It is a basic, basic thing to make! But certain something you make ahead of time so it can dry...
Old 04-23-08, 03:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
I believe that the fresh pasta was already prepared. All Craig had to do was bring it to a boil and he couldn't even get that right!
Right. As punishment for losing the challenge didn't the men have to prepare everything for both sides? Or was that last week? In any event, everything is always prepared and ready for them before they start so all they have to do is cook it. So, yeah Craig couldn't even bring water to a boil, add the pasta, strain it and then serve it.
Old 04-23-08, 05:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Didn't watch the whole thing last night - will watch it later tonight (TiVo'ed it ).
Old 04-23-08, 06:44 PM

The teams to have to prep. the food. Most of the time it is the losing team in the challenge. Most of these "chefs" are either currently doing something else other than cooking or are caterors. I think the whole thinking of Ramsey is that he can mold any chef into what he wants as long as they have a passion for food and listen to orders. He said as much during this weeks elimination and it makes sense since most of these contestants are young and would be willing to take directions for him.
Old 04-23-08, 06:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 799 Likes on 567 Posts
I'm dying to see Corey, Jen, and Matt get the boot. Can't stand them, especially those two on the girls' side. Of all the contenders, probably Bobby is the most likeable.
Old 04-23-08, 06:47 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts
This is the first season I've watched so I don't know if this complete lack of talent is par for the course or not but not a single one of those "cooks" seem to have any idea how to, well, cook. They're tasked with manning a single station with a very small number of incoming orders and they still can't hack it. I just don't get it. I just watch the show to see Ramsay go nuts. The sunburn only added to the hilarity.
Old 04-23-08, 07:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,303 Likes on 947 Posts
Originally Posted by SoSpacey
I just can't imagine that these are the best of what is available to them.
It's not the best available. Just like on "Survivor" none of them are true survivalists.

The show is about conflict between Gordon and the contestants. If everything went smooth it would one big boring show.
Old 04-24-08, 02:42 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by TomOpus
It's not the best available. Just like on "Survivor" none of them are true survivalists.

The show is about conflict between Gordon and the contestants. If everything went smooth it would one big boring show.

True, in every cast it looks like a scant few at most who can really cook. The rest are bumbling idiots, put there to screw up so Ramsey can brow beat them.
Old 04-24-08, 05:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I find this season for HK was definitely having the most annoying/unlikable contestants. It makes it harder to watch when there is no one to root for.
Old 04-24-08, 08:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by movieking
I find this season for HK was definitely having the most annoying/unlikable contestants. It makes it harder to watch when there is no one to root for.
I'm rooting for Gordon Ramsay.
Old 04-24-08, 09:00 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Thrush
True, in every cast it looks like a scant few at most who can really cook. The rest are bumbling idiots, put there to screw up so Ramsey can brow beat them.
Well that is one thing... but these bumbling idiots are f-ing ARROGANT as all get out! I mean each one of them thinks they're the pooh when they actually just stink like it. Every one of their aside interviews has them ranting about how great they are (except for a select few like Corey) when they really just suck (see Jason, Bobby, Jen).

There really is no one to root for. I'm simply excited to see any ONE of these assholes get the boot each week. That Ramsay doesn't chew them out and take their egos down a peg is disappointing. These people suck, and they need to know it.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.