DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Okay. No wonder these folks suck:

Originally Posted by Hell's Kitchen Website
IF YOU THINK YOU HAVE
WHAT IT TAKES TO WIN
“HELL’S KITCHEN” ….
THEN WE WANT TO MEET YOU!

Casting is searching for outspoken, competitive, and engaging men and women, 21 and over, with varying culinary experience. Applicants must be passionate about food and aim to become the next winner of “Hell’s Kitchen.” Food lovers, experienced chefs, cooks, fast food and cafeteria workers, private chefs, weekend gourmets, caterers, are all encouraged to email [email protected] for more information. Prior cooking experience preferred.
So they just want ego-driven, outspoken personalities... cooking experience "preferred".
Old 04-24-08, 11:10 AM
Needs to contact a mod about multiple accounts

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by rfduncan
Okay. No wonder these folks suck:

So they just want ego-driven, outspoken personalities... cooking experience "preferred".
Well you have to remember it's a TV show. The same applies to American Idol for example. They don't really care how good you are, they just want to make a good TV show and make money.
Old 04-24-08, 11:45 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone else think Craig looks like "E" from Entourage? I forgot about his big hat until my wife mentioned it last night. Glad to see him go though.
Old 04-24-08, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by C-Mart
Anyone else think Craig looks like "E" from Entourage?
Yes. Exactly.

Originally Posted by Howiefan
Well you have to remember it's a TV show. The same applies to American Idol for example. They don't really care how good you are, they just want to make a good TV show and make money.
Yeah but I mean the "stay at home Dad"? Craig didn't know that fresh pasta takes two minutes to cook? Vanessa can't get near the stove without causing a fire and slopping scalding oil on her own hand, disfiguring her? Ben doesn't know when salmon/meat is cooked correctly? These people claim to be chefs and sous chefs in their bios yet can't perform the simplest of kitchen tasks...

Again - why would Ramsay hire ANY of these morons to run his restaurant?
Old 04-24-08, 12:50 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by rfduncan
Again - why would Ramsay hire ANY of these morons to run his restaurant?
As a figure-head. The same reason AI winners sell Cds.

If I recall, a season or 2 ago the winner got a position equal to their abilities, and not actually "given" a restaurant.
Old 04-24-08, 02:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Craig losing it was classic. His "percentages" line killed me. That asshat needed to go, and Corey should be up next. That bitch is so full of herself, and she sucks.

I realize no one looks promising now, but just think of last season. No one there really seemed too good either until the last the final 7 or so episodes. This show is obviously edited so that they ALL incompetent. Something tells me that Lou Ross could emerge as the frontrunner once this gets down to the end.
Old 04-24-08, 02:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by KillerCannibal
Craig losing it was classic. His "percentages" line killed me. That asshat needed to go, and Corey should be up next. That bitch is so full of herself, and she sucks.

I realize no one looks promising now, but just think of last season. No one there really seemed too good either until the last the final 7 or so episodes. This show is obviously edited so that they ALL incompetent. Something tells me that Lou Ross could emerge as the frontrunner once this gets down to the end.
I was wondering about Louross, I think he may be the sleeper. He only gets shots of him yelling at the team. I don't recall any occasion where he completely screwed something up, like every other guy on the show.
Old 04-24-08, 07:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,298 Likes on 943 Posts
Originally Posted by jonw9
I was wondering about Louross, I think he may be the sleeper. He only gets shots of him yelling at the team. I don't recall any occasion where he completely screwed something up, like every other guy on the show.
He's so short, I don't think Gordon can actually see him at times. Out of sight, out of mind
Old 04-24-08, 08:34 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by KillerCannibal
When Craig said he "didn't know percantages" I started laughing so hard I was choking - took me a few minutes to compose myself and get back to watching. It's been a long time since I laughed at something so hard on tv.
Old 04-25-08, 12:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

This past week's epsiode was great. I'm actually shocked that Craig wasn't told to go home weeks ago. His attitude towards Ramsay, his inability to make simple foods, and cocky attitude would have been a sure thing to have Ramsay tell him to leave. I believe that happened last season with someone, no?

Corey I don't mind.. she can be annoying, but I think she has talent. Why the hell is Matt still there? He's almost as bad as Jason.. he's just obnoxious and annoying.

I have to say last week.. seeing Jason leave.. was awesome. Was he like living in the 1800s or something? Every word that came out of his mouth was sexist, and I swear he thought he was the coolest thing to grace the planet. Bah. I hate people like that.

Looking at the preview for next week, it looks like Louross is going to get into an altercation.. kind of surprising to me, the dude is so quiet you wouldn't know he's there except when he speaks up and yells at Craig. hahaha
Old 04-25-08, 04:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 798 Likes on 566 Posts
I actually liked that Craig didn't grovel, unlike the others. I felt sorry for him that he was picked on by the others on the men's team.
Old 04-29-08, 01:41 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,626 Likes on 2,603 Posts
Bump

New episode tonight
Old 04-29-08, 01:43 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,626 Likes on 2,603 Posts
Synopsis:

Spoiler:

The first challenge facing the 11 remaining chefs: make a gourmet pizza. The winning team enjoys a gourmet meal in Santa Barbara while the losers must take pizza orders and deliver them during dinner service, at which one contestant has a serious accident and is rushed to the hospital.

Old 04-29-08, 01:53 PM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by DJariya
Bump

New episode tonight
I am 100% sure I am going to watch tonight. Or maybe 110% sure. Or something. I don't know -- I'm not good with percentages.
Old 04-29-08, 04:27 PM

The ad today on the radio for tonight's episode says
Spoiler:
one chef has an announcement that leaves Ramsay speechless for the first time.
Old 04-29-08, 09:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

"You're quitting?"

"Uh...I'm leaving."

Nice try. Word it however you want, but you quit.

Next week:

Spoiler:
Someone joins Hell's Kitchen? Or comes back?
Old 04-29-08, 09:51 PM

As soon as they both did so well in service, it was obvious what the outcome was going to be.

The men finally pulling it together and looking somewhat competent in the kitchen finally.

No idea on what next week will bring, but it's going to be interesting no matter what.
Old 04-30-08, 06:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I thought they kept reusing the same footage of Matt making that face, but I guess he just makes it a lot.
Old 04-30-08, 07:06 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,298 Likes on 943 Posts
Originally Posted by starman9000
I thought they kept reusing the same footage of Matt making that face, but I guess he just makes it a lot.
He looks like a kid who just got scolded by his dad and had his favorite toy taken away.
Old 04-30-08, 07:45 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Any thoughts on who comes back? If I remember correctly from last night, it looked like a woman.
Old 04-30-08, 08:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by j123vt_99
Any thoughts on who comes back? If I remember correctly from last night, it looked like a woman.
Spoiler:
My guess is that girl who did really good last season (or the season before) but got voted off and Ramsay sent her to culinary school.
Old 04-30-08, 09:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by chrisih8u
Spoiler:
My guess is that girl who did really good last season (or the season before) but got voted off and Ramsay sent her to culinary school.
Spoiler:
Julia. If it is her, she better not be part of the competition, as that would be patently unfair(plus, I never liked her).
Old 04-30-08, 01:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I've been a loyal viewer of the show since the first season, and I'm also a little upset by the timing of the season. All previous seasons, I'd grill outside right before the show started, but it's still a little too cold in Iowa for grilling, so the show just doesn't feel the same. Oh well, I'm still enjoying it.

I just really hope that David Berkowitz (aka Matt) gets booted next.
Old 04-30-08, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by TomOpus
He looks like a kid who just got scolded by his dad and had his favorite toy taken away.
The only way I can describe his expression is that it looks like he is filling his pants while someone else goes on his face.
Old 04-30-08, 03:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 798 Likes on 566 Posts
Maybe that Melissa skeez is coming back to cause more strife with this season's women's team.
Matt does look like a budding serial killer with his pursed lips and comically knotted unibrow.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.