DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Heroes -- "Out Of Time" -- 11.05.2007 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/516329-heroes-out-time-11-05-2007-a.html)

rfduncan 11-06-07 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
The big question is, what can HRG do?

Shoot people. ;)

Now that I think about it, the only recurring characters without powers are:
The Bennets (except for Claire)
Ando
Nathan's wife
Micah's grandmother (maybe - though she had two "Hero" kids, DL and Monica)

Did anyone catch the "coincidence" in last week's episode? The remaining paintings for which HRG was looking were in Odessa, Ukraine. Last season, didn't the Bennets live in Odessa, Texas?

Snowmaker 11-06-07 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by pinata242
It looked like he just took the damage and then healed. I don't think he did anything special when he was struck.

Right.

the big train 11-06-07 01:37 PM

It must have been really hard for Adam/Kensei to not dash baby Hiro years ago. He's going to be deliciously evil, I expect.

He wanted to hurt Hiro they way Hiro hurt him. The vow he made to Hiro pretty much confirms for me that he would have wanted to personally dispose of Kaito, as opposed to using Maury or Pete.

kiddk1 11-06-07 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by C-Mart
I think he must have met up with Matt or his father at some point.

it was matt last season

superdeluxe 11-06-07 02:05 PM

I liked how Matt actually got awesome powers instead of just being able to read thoughts. Dude can be like Freddy Kruger.

superdeluxe 11-06-07 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by rfduncan
Shoot people. ;)

Ando
Nathan's wife

Did anyone catch the "coincidence" in last week's episode? The remaining paintings for which HRG was looking were in Odessa, Ukraine. Last season, didn't the Bennets live in Odessa, Texas?

What about the Irish Girl, she doesnt have a power does she?

superdeluxe 11-06-07 02:07 PM

Because Matt's father imprisioned them in a locale that he HIMSELF feared. Once Matt realized that he was a much better man than his father ever had been, he was no longer afraid of it, thus allowing Matt to turn the illusion into his FATHER'S nightmare prison while escaping with Molly. (That in and of itself was the coolest concept this season IMHO.)

Yeah that was very cool, how Matt totally became insanely much more powerful at that point.

Yavin 11-06-07 02:28 PM

It looked like he just took the damage and then healed. I don't think he did anything special when he was struck.

It sort of looked like Adam's hand had henna tatoos on the palm and Peter's force lightning was an instant tatoo remover. Sort of.

rfduncan 11-06-07 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by superdeluxe

You mean the girl who Peter left in the future? Not calling her a recurring character until we see him go back to get her. ;)

Dan1boy 11-06-07 02:45 PM

another mediocre/subpar episode from a once top-notch tv show...i'm definitely out if next week's promise of secrets revealed etc. doesn't come to pass...so bored.

Jadzia 11-06-07 02:59 PM

How about the ability to make men fall ga-ga over her despite having no redeeming qualities whatsoever?

Superman07 11-06-07 03:00 PM

I believe it is rare, but not entirely elusive "passive stuck in an alternate time line" ability.

Snowmaker 11-06-07 03:22 PM

She has the power to speak with an Irish accent.

"Peh-ter"

Groucho 11-06-07 04:09 PM

She's magically delicious!

Gasspasser 11-06-07 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by Groucho
Why did HRG say that the paintings were in random order, when they were clearly marked 1/8, 2/8, etc?

Well, I think that he knew that the paintings had an order to them but the issue was that they were FINDING them at different times, IE out of order.

Also, I totally missed last weeks ep. So what happened with the wonder twins?

Thanks!

xVladx 11-06-07 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by Gasspasser
Also, I totally missed last weeks ep. So what happened with the wonder twins?

Thanks!

Sylar did his usual "why don't you want to be special?" routine when Maya told him that she was going to Suresh to try and get rid of her powers. After a little more bonding, they drove across the border and were surrounded by a citizen's militia. Sylar convinced Maya to use her power to take the militia men out, which she did, then drove off, pissing Alejandro off.

After they were clear, they pulled over and argued a bit more. It ended with Sylar ranting to Alejandro (who he knew couldn't understand him) that once he gets his powers back he's going to kill them both, and if he doesn't get his powers back, Maya will just be his "shiny new toy" (ie: turn her evil).

Cartload 11-06-07 05:51 PM

About my "Sulu's death" theory

Spoiler:
Sure Peter was in the container, but Peter can travel through time like Hiro. So he goes back in time, pushes Sulu over the ledge and flies off. Or he falls, turns invisible and runs off. Of course, it's probably more likely that Adam was the culprit since he's more or less impervious to physical harm.

PopcornTreeCt 11-06-07 06:07 PM

Shoot people. ;)

Ando
Nathan's wife

Isn't Suresh the biggest character without a power?

And West killed Sulu.

Dash 11-06-07 07:52 PM

Shoot people. ;)

Ando
Nathan's wife

Look at the picture of the original heroes. Im pretty sure she is in the picture

Sorraffy 11-06-07 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by Dashed
Look at the picture of the original heroes. Im pretty sure she is in the picture

Here's that picture (from a previous thread)

- she's in the bottom left if it is her (and here's a possible comparison picture, just make her younger or find her S.T. picture to see if they would match)

Michael Corvin 11-06-07 09:53 PM

Shoot people. ;)

Ando
Nathan's wife

That is something that has bugged me since last season. I thought it was a much better show when the cast was peppered with normal people, but apparently every fucking person on the show has to do something now. It was truly groan worthy when it was revealed Micah and Linderman also had powers last season. Now Ma Petrelli, Sulu, Parkman's dad, Micah's cousin, etc. join the ranks. It kinda kills the suspense knowing everyone has some power and will likely survive any confrontation.

So like I said, it's only a matter of time before they give HRG some bullshit power to fit the story or get something done that the other super powers can't.

And yes about Odessa. I wonder what the true connection is. Two members of the Company living in like named cities.

cracksky 11-06-07 10:49 PM

There's no way Hiro doesn't at least try to flip back through time and save his dad.

Judremy 11-07-07 08:40 AM

I can't believe how many people posted here that couldn't figure out that Peter read his mother's mind. It was pretty obvious when they did the "Parkman" effect with the camera.

This episode was great for many reasons including starting the wrap-up to Volume 2. I can't wait to see what comes next. My friend called the Kensei = Head Bad Guy thing during the first episode. I wonder who the Weather Man will be that worked with Adam Monroe?

pinata242 11-07-07 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by Judremy
I can't believe how many people posted here that couldn't figure out that Peter read his mother's mind. It was pretty obvious when they did the "Parkman" effect with the camera.

I'm not saying you're wrong because I don't know, but if it were Ma Petrelli's memories he was seeing, then why did it all seem First-Person from Peter's view?

xVladx 11-07-07 09:35 AM

I'm not saying you're wrong because I don't know, but if it were Ma Petrelli's memories he was seeing, then why did it all seem First-Person from Peter's view?

Not only that, but before Parkman's recent power-up, did we ever see him do anything but hear what people were thinking about right that minute? I don't think we've ever seen him thumb through people's memories.

If anything the whole memory thing seems like something related to The Haitian, which could make sense considering that Peter was suffering from memory loss and was wearing the guy's necklace when he was found in the storage container.