DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Heroes -- "Out Of Time" -- 11.05.2007 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/516329-heroes-out-time-11-05-2007-a.html)

Superman07 11-07-07 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by Judremy
I can't believe how many people posted here that couldn't figure out that Peter read his mother's mind. It was pretty obvious when they did the "Parkman" effect with the camera.

Also not saying you're wrong, but I don't think that's what happened, so I wouldn't say "couldn't figure out" since it's not fact.

As somebody else mentioned, I think it was his mother's power being applied to him rather than him using one of his acquired powers.

DJariya 11-07-07 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by cracksky
There's no way Hiro doesn't at least try to flip back through time and save his dad.

TV Guide says
Spoiler:
Hiro will attempt to go back and save Mr. Sulu.

I really liked Monday's episode. I agree as some have mentioned that it actually moved the story forward and thank God Hiro is back in present time. I wonder what are the repercussions of his acts from ancient Japan?

The preview for next week looks really intriguing explaining what happened to Peter after the bomb went off.

Draven 11-07-07 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by Snowmaker
Oh, that's right!

He's only shown it that once. It's such a lame power in general that I forgot all about it.

He is able to fund their operation - I'd say it's a pretty damn awesome power.

Xander 11-07-07 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by DJariya
Spoiler:

TV Guide says Hiro will attempt to go back and save Mr. Sulu.

The preview for next week looks really intriguing explaining what happened to Peter after the bomb went off.

Please spoiler tag things that weren't in the episode.

I really liked this episode. I was starting to have a feeling that Kensei and Adam might be the same person last week, but they threw me off when Bob was talking about how Adam changed weather patterns. I assume now he was talking about Adam manipulating someone who can control weather.

I also thought the Peter/Ma Patrelli scene was showing off her powers of persuasion. Kind of like mini-Bilson from last season.

DVD Josh 11-07-07 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by PopcornTreeCt
Isn't Suresh the biggest character without a power?

I'd say he, up until this episode, had a fairly large power, the power to cure Heroes with the Shanti virus.

DVD Josh 11-07-07 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by Jadzia
How about the ability to make men fall ga-ga over her despite having no redeeming qualities whatsoever?

Never underestimate the power of a unibrow.

Timber 11-07-07 01:46 PM

I can't believe how many people posted here that couldn't figure out that Peter read his mother's mind. It was pretty obvious when they did the "Parkman" effect with the camera.

I don't think Ma Patrelli's mind can be read? I though Parkman tried and the only thing he could get was what she wanted him to get?

nodeerforamonth 11-07-07 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by Snowmaker
Oh, that's right!

He's only shown it that once. It's such a lame power in general that I forgot all about it.

Hey, I wouldn't mind having that power!

pinata242 11-07-07 02:08 PM

Imagine if Bob would have known about his power earlier. He wouldn't have had to deal with Swearengen and those Yankton cocksuckers.

Deadpool 11-07-07 02:35 PM

I see...the payoff coming soon...and it looks good :D

DaveNinja 11-07-07 03:15 PM

I wonder who the Weather Man will be that worked with Adam Monroe?

micahs grandma? and some how she'll have caused the flooding in new orleans

pinata242 11-07-07 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by DaveNinja
micahs grandma? and some how she'll have caused the flooding in new orleans

I can hear it now...

Originally Posted by Kanye West
Lt. Uhura does not care about black people.

Michael Corvin 11-07-07 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by DVD Josh
I'd say he, up until this episode, had a fairly large power, the power to cure Heroes with the Shanti virus.

not to mention the ability to wipe out 98% of the world's population with a drop of his blood. :eek:

I'd say he has them all beat. :lol:

Draven 11-07-07 04:20 PM

I thought it was 93%.

I also wanted to mention that I like the fact they are dealing with a global crisis, so it's not really about New York being in trouble again - that's just where a lot of the characters happen to be.

This was a great episode of a great season, and I cannot wait to see where this goes. I'm hoping the writer's strike doesn't fuck the whole thing up too badly, since I think they are on a major roll right now.

Judremy 11-08-07 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by Timber
I don't think Ma Patrelli's mind can be read? I though Parkman tried and the only thing he could get was what she wanted him to get?

Yes, that is true, but she was blocking him. She did however want Peter to get his memories back. So either A) she used her power to get Peter to remember her or B) she boosted Peter's power so that he could read her mind or C) I have no F-ing clue.

I may have to go with C...

Struz 11-08-07 01:00 PM

Do we know yet if Adam(Kensei) have any other powers besides regeneration ?
He is probably immortal due to his regentative abilities. Either that or he ages very very slowly.

Do we know for sure if he can time travel like Hiro and Peter ?

Wouldn't Peter be able to defeat Adam ?
Since Peter met Parkman he has his abilities as well. He could trap him in his own nightmare.

ugabuga 11-08-07 01:34 PM

Thats the problem with Peter, at his peak knowing his powers he can beat anyone or pretty much do anything. Basically Peter and Sylar will always have to be crippled by the writers somehow...

Timber 11-08-07 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by Struz

Wouldn't Peter be able to defeat Adam ?
Since Peter met Parkman he has his abilities as well. He could trap him in his own nightmare.

I think Peter's problem would be that he'll never be able to use any of the powers at there fullest because he only has them for a limited time. So he'd probably never have the time to figure out what Parkman's powers can really do. Adam on the other hand has had 300 years to play with his powers so I'm sure he can do more then just regenerate like Claire.

Struz 11-08-07 02:39 PM

I think Peter's problem would be that he'll never be able to use any of the powers at there fullest because he only has them for a limited time.

Peter first thought the powers he aquired we only temporary but Claude (Invisible man) taught him how to recall any one of his powers. So, Peter's powers are not limited.

Timber 11-08-07 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by Struz
Peter first thought the powers he aquired we only temporary but Claude (Invisible man) taught him how to recall any one of his powers. So, Peter's powers are not limited.

They're limited by the fact that he's not always using them and thusly will probably never use them more then in there most basic form.

FatTony 11-08-07 02:49 PM

I think Peter's problem would be that he'll never be able to use any of the powers at there fullest because he only has them for a limited time. So he'd probably never have the time to figure out what Parkman's powers can really do. Adam on the other hand has had 300 years to play with his powers so I'm sure he can do more then just regenerate like Claire.

But we learned in "Five Years Gone" that Peter's abilities do stick around. At least for 5 years.

Timber 11-08-07 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by FatTony
But we learned in "Five Years Gone" that Peter's abilities do stick around. At least for 5 years.

I think they stick around indefinately but unless he sitting there trying to figure out new things to do with each power he has he's not going to know how to use it as well as somebody with just one power. I think we're going to see with Adam that he can do more then just regenerate and we've seen that Parkman can do more then just read minds.

Ginwen 11-08-07 04:33 PM

'Heroes' Creator Apologizes to Fans
Tim Kring admits mistakes were made at the beginning of season 2, but promises to get back on track

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20158840,00.html

I haven't hated this year, but other than possibly the second item mentioned (just because the end of the world scenario seems like a bit of a repeat), I pretty much agree with what he says the problems are

Yavin 11-08-07 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by Ginwen
'Heroes' Creator Apologizes to Fans
Tim Kring admits mistakes were made at the beginning of season 2, but promises to get back on track

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20158840,00.html

I haven't hated this year, but other than possibly the second item mentioned (just because the end of the world scenario seems like a bit of a repeat), I pretty much agree with what he says the problems are

Sounds like Tim Kring's been reading these forums.

xVladx 11-08-07 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by ugabuga
Thats the problem with Peter, at his peak knowing his powers he can beat anyone or pretty much do anything. Basically Peter and Sylar will always have to be crippled by the writers somehow...

The thing with Sylar is that physically, he's still as vulnerable as any random person off the street. All his powers (when he had them) could help keep him from being injured, but as we saw with Hiro, he's still capable of being seriously wounded or even killed.

And as we saw with Peter, even if someone can regenerate they're not 100% invincible. They can still be "killed" through a severe enough brain injury.