DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Heroes -- "Out Of Time" -- 11.05.2007 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/516329-heroes-out-time-11-05-2007-a.html)

Rogue588 11-05-07 03:05 AM

Heroes -- "Out Of Time" -- 11.05.2007

"Out Of Time"

When one of his forgotten abilities suddenly manifests, Peter and Caitlin get thrown into a crisis situation, and learn first-hand just how deadly the mysterious virus striking people with abilities can be. To fend off the "nightmare man's" attack Suresh, Matt, Nathan, Niki and Bob band together. Despite Claire's best efforts to keep them apart, West learns that the man who kidnapped him as a child is her father. Meanwhile, in feudal Japan, Hiro and Kensei's legendary journey takes a dramatic, final turn.

DJariya 11-05-07 04:10 AM

Kind of ironic episode title. Kinda describes this show and TV season overall.

Looks like we'll be getting an 11 episode season 2.

Doughboy 11-05-07 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by DJariya

Funny, that's the first thing I thought of too. :)

aktick 11-05-07 08:55 AM

I haven't been following these threads or any TV news lately - why do you say only 11 episodes? Just because of the writer's strike? Or because of poor ratings?

Doughboy 11-05-07 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by aktick
I haven't been following these threads or any TV news lately - why do you say only 11 episodes? Just because of the writer's strike? Or because of poor ratings?

Because of the strike. They're reportedly filming an alternate ending for a December episode that could be used to wrap up the entire season if the strike continues.

Tom Banjo 11-05-07 09:36 AM

aktick: The ending to the first episode in December has been re-shot to serve as a possible season finale in case the strike continues. So yeah, we may get an 11 episode season. :(

EDIT: What doughboy said...

madcougar 11-05-07 10:27 AM

I was wondering why NBC was pimping the next five episodes as an "event" as it might serve some closure for something.

Groucho 11-05-07 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by madcougar
I was wondering why NBC was pimping the next five episodes as an "event" as it might serve some closure for something.

I believe the episode was always intended to wrap up "Volume 2", but that the season would continue on after that.

tasha99 11-05-07 02:36 PM

I was just going to post pretty much the same thing.

zuffy 11-05-07 02:50 PM

I think tonight they are going to wrap up the Hiro story and bring him back to the present time.

Yavin 11-05-07 02:51 PM

Hey, look on the bright side, at least the season two DVD set will be cheaper than season one, having fewer episodes and all ...

pinata242 11-05-07 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by Yavin
Hey, look on the bright side, at least the season two DVD set will be cheaper than season one, having fewer episodes and all ...

But will cost more if the WGA gets a larger cut of the sales.

Doughboy 11-05-07 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by Yavin

True, thankfully this isn't a HBO show. Of course, will any of us actually want to pick up the Season 2 boxset?

Yavin 11-05-07 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by Doughboy
True, thankfully this isn't a HBO show. Of course, will any of us actually want to pick up the Season 2 boxset?

Good point. But we're completists (well, most of us are, anyway). I'm sure we'll get it anyway. The big retailers and NBC/Universal will make sure to throw a bunch of exclusives our way and that'll do the job.

dpz301 11-05-07 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by zuffy
I think tonight they are going to wrap up the Hiro story and bring him back to the present time.

either way, he already screwed up the time/space continuum unless they send him backwards instead of forward.

a big 5 episode run starts tonight! hopefully its :up: :up: either way, after these 5 episodes is it the end of vol. 2 and then vol. 3 starts since originally both volumes were supposed to be this season?

TheNightFlier 11-05-07 09:00 PM

And there's the big reveal.

Spoiler:
Didn't think the explosion killed him

Superman07 11-05-07 09:02 PM

Now that's the Heroes I know!

Props to everybody who called the plot reveal a few weeks back.

Sorraffy 11-05-07 09:04 PM

this ep was quite better than the previous few

even the next ep preview made me have that "i can't wait to the next ep" feeling

Flay 11-05-07 09:05 PM

Wow, kickass episode. Instead of the boyfriend, it looks like
Spoiler:
Suresh is the triggerman for the death of HRG

- Loved that Parkman is finally coming into his own.

- Hopes Nicki will die.

- Can't wait to see the first Hiro / "Adam" meeting.

wildcatlh 11-05-07 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by Flay
Spoiler:

- Loved that Parkman is finally coming into his own.

- Hopes Nicki will die.

- Can't wait to see the first Hiro / "Adam" meeting.

Pretty much my exact thoughts.

Patman 11-05-07 09:06 PM

Yeah, the Adam Monroe reveal wasn't all that surprising, but it's definitely getting more convoluted.

Glad Hiro is back to the present, even if he got some really bad news.

Nikki still gets on my nerves. Looking forward to the virus doing its thing on her.

Mohinder would make a terrible poker player. Bob's reaction was kinda funny, though.

Cartload 11-05-07 09:07 PM

Concerning Sulu's death
Spoiler:
I think Peter is the one who killed him. Notice he's wearing the same clothes as the killer. Adam sends him to do the deed in order to get back at Hiro.

Superman07 11-05-07 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by Cartload
Concerning Sulu's death
Spoiler:
I think Peter is the one who killed him. Notice he's wearing the same clothes as the killer. Adam sends him to do the deed in order to get back at Hiro.

Interesting theory, but I think whoever did it was a lot shorter. Plus I'm not sure the timeline matches up.

I think it would be awsome if Dr. Who is the one who takes out Sark. :)

zuffy 11-05-07 09:13 PM

Awesome episode tonight. So pretty much all the theories that the real Kensei is Hiro, Kensei (Adam) is the killer are true. I still think the theory that Kensei is Papa Petrelli is wrong. Then what is the point of the novel with Papa Petrelli and Linderman in the Vietnam war. The novel pretty much explain that Papa Petrelli has no power.

dpz301 11-05-07 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by Flay
Spoiler:

agreed and because of the rift in relationship with
Spoiler:
his daughter she doesn't save him.

anyway, episode was great. bob's reaction was pretty funny to suresh. no twins or sylar :up:

this adam/peter line looks pretty odd but i guess it will come to a head next week and the week after.