DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Heroes -- "Out Of Time" -- 11.05.2007 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/516329-heroes-out-time-11-05-2007-a.html)

Jimmy James 11-05-07 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by Cartload
Concerning Sulu's death
Spoiler:
I think Peter is the one who killed him. Notice he's wearing the same clothes as the killer. Adam sends him to do the deed in order to get back at Hiro.

That would certainly fit in a lot of ways.

dpz301 11-05-07 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by Jimmy James
That would certainly fit in a lot of ways.

that would be a very interesting theory. guess we will see.

dvd182 11-05-07 09:23 PM

This episode had some pretty lazy writing, from Peter suddenly getting the memory of his mom back after "trying a little harder" to remember, and it dawning on Matt at the last second that he could do the same things his father could if he just "figured it out fast." The inconsistency with who will keep secrets is annoying as well. Claire won't tell her dad that she knows he/the company abducted West, when the worst that can happen is some kind of verbal explanation or justification from him, but Suresh will reveal a multi-episode espionage plan to the person he is screwing over, as the guy is doling out guns and talking about killing people.

On the Suresh painting:

Spoiler:

I think he ends up shooting Nikki when he can't cure her of the virus. At any rate, it must happen soon because he's wearing that gaudy bandage over his nose in the painting.

Normally the NBC promos are a little underwhelming, but next week's looks really good for once, if they deliver at least a little bit on what was promised.

7Keys 11-05-07 09:24 PM

I actually turned this show off at the midpoint last week.

This week, I ended up watching it since I had nothing else to do and it was the best episode of the year. Not great, but pretty good. No twins or cousins in this episode really helped, but fitting them in with what happened this week will be interesting (or horrible a mess).

Jimmy James 11-05-07 09:26 PM

I think Ma Petrelli was able to get Peter to remember because she has some sort of power of persuasion. I think the show has established that heroes can "figure it out" in the way Matt did (think Ted and the EM pulse or Peter with the training by the invisible man).

I think the secrecy BS from Claire is easily the worst part of the show this year now that the Wonder Twins story has gone somewhere. I think Suresh has never been the brightest bulb, so I don't mind what he did. I think it's in character for him.

dvd182 11-05-07 09:28 PM

I think Ma Petrelli was able to get Peter to remember because she has some sort of power of persuasion.

That's a good point.

Related speculation on next week's ep:
Spoiler:

The preview for next week said something about a Petrelli secret. Perhaps they'll finally reveal that the mother can do this, though it's more likely to do with where Peter went after the bomb went off.

Snowmaker 11-05-07 09:37 PM

So he not ony regenerates, but he's immortal too?

Patman 11-05-07 09:42 PM

It's hard to breed out that damn Highlander gene.

Snowmaker 11-05-07 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by Patman
It's hard to breed out that damn Highlander gene.

Even Highlander aged, unless he killed another immortal.

Nazgul 11-05-07 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by zuffy
Awesome episode tonight.

I agree, I really enjoyed it. :)

Shazam 11-05-07 10:04 PM

FINALLY. Something happened!! Whoo hoo!

Jay G. 11-05-07 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by Snowmaker
Even Highlander aged, unless he killed another immortal.

Highlander 2 doesn't count.

Michael Corvin 11-05-07 10:45 PM

Best episode of the season.

I think Ma Petrelli was able to get Peter to remember because she has some sort of power of persuasion. I think the show has established that heroes can "figure it out" in the way Matt did (think Ted and the EM pulse or Peter with the training by the invisible man).

I don't think it is persuasion but 'remembering' or replacing lost memories. Essentially the anti-Hatian.

zekeburger1979 11-05-07 11:31 PM

We still haven't gotten one episode where Ali, Hayden and Kristen all showed up. Are TPTB afraid that if all 3 appear at the same time, our TVs will melt? :D

This was a damn good episode. The scene of the foreigners being shuffled through the cage reminded me of Children of Men.

Hiro and Ando's reunion was joyful to watch and then sad due to Ando having to tell Hiro that his father was dead.

So Takezo survives the explosion and reappears in the present as Adam Monroe? Interesting.

About Peter regaining his memories after meeting his mother, I figured that seeing her was the trigger that brought everything back. She is the first person from his life before the explosion so it makes sense that he would regain his memory after seeing her.

I thought Suresh was going to kill Bob and then leave the facility with Nikki.

reubs82 11-05-07 11:35 PM

Awesome episode. I don't have much to add other than, "Holy ****". I guess I'm not as picky as most folks and easier to please, but when David Anders walked out from behind that chest I about lost it.

PopcornTreeCt 11-06-07 12:27 AM

Great episode!

Anyone else think that the Wonder Twins are actually the virus and the cure? It seems that the virus is the storyline this season and they would play a pretty big pivotal role if true.

Also, there's no way Peter would ever kill a "good guy". I like to think the season is going to end with Sylar saving them all from whomever the main villain turns out to be.

driv3 11-06-07 12:44 AM

Originally Posted by dvd182
That's a good point.

Related speculation on next week's ep:
Spoiler:

The preview for next week said something about a Petrelli secret. Perhaps they'll finally reveal that the mother can do this, though it's more likely to do with where Peter went after the bomb went off.

Spoiler:
ma petrelli had a lil fun with adam, and....
"peter, i am your father!! "

whoop dee doo

slop101 11-06-07 01:13 AM

Wow. That was just god-awful.

I couldn't write a script that bad if I tried.

Making the obvious seem revelatory, redundant exposition on top of another, illogical motivations from almost every character and so on and so on - it was like a master course on what not to do in script writing.

Ayre 11-06-07 05:03 AM

Enjoyed the episode quite a lot.

Anubis2005X 11-06-07 05:46 AM

Enjoyed it, next week's episode looks like what I've been waiting all season to see!

cdollaz 11-06-07 07:57 AM

Do they replay these episodes on SciFi or anywhere else? My DVR screwed up last night.

JasonF 11-06-07 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Best episode of the season.

I don't think it is persuasion but 'remembering' or replacing lost memories. Essentially the anti-Hatian.

It's persuasion. Remember last year, we got two or three scenes like this.

Claire: I'm going to stay here to help Peter stop the bomb from exploding and save New York!
Mama Petrelli: No, you're going to come to France with me.
Claire: Yeah, you're right. France sounds cool.

rfduncan 11-06-07 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by slop101
Wow. That was just god-awful.

I couldn't write a script that bad if I tried.

Give it a shot then. -ohbfrank-

Originally Posted by slop101
Making the obvious seem revelatory, redundant exposition on top of another, illogical motivations from almost every character and so on and so on - it was like a master course on what not to do in script writing.

Especially if this is your real criticism of a "comic book" themed show where such devices are almost staples.

Originally Posted by cdollaz
Do they replay these episodes on SciFi or anywhere else? My DVR screwed up last night.

On their website and probably Saturday night? (EDIT: Oops - only showing on G4 Sazturday at 10pm)

I enjoyed it. Can't wait until next week!

marty888 11-06-07 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by cdollaz

On my cable system (Time Warner) it's rerun on the G4 Channel (105 on my system) Sundays at 6:00PM.

Superman07 11-06-07 08:20 AM

KB may be Bob's daughter (somebody mentioned this the other week), but I'm wondering if KB is Adam's daughter. Now I think that would prove for some interesting encounters.

No mention of Peter leaving his new girl in the future? What happens to her when the timeline is "corrected"?

Odd to me that one of the paintings was of an alternate/to-be future.

So does this mean Hiro fulfilled cyclical history?

Oh yeah, if Claire is the cure, it gives double weight to "Save the cheerleader, save the world." Kinda neat. :)