DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Heroes -- "Out Of Time" -- 11.05.2007 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/516329-heroes-out-time-11-05-2007-a.html)

Yavin 11-06-07 08:54 AM

Finally, an episode this season that actually progressed the story rather than just raising more and more questions!

Groucho 11-06-07 08:56 AM

This season, a good episode is one where no new characters are introduced. Even better, when one leaves (in this case, the princess). :thumbsup:

pinata242 11-06-07 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by Groucho
This season, a good episode is one where no new characters are introduced. Even better, when one leaves (in this case, the princess). :thumbsup:

And, seemingly, Caitlin :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

xVladx 11-06-07 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by Cartload
Concerning Sulu's death
Spoiler:
I think Peter is the one who killed him. Notice he's wearing the same clothes as the killer. Adam sends him to do the deed in order to get back at Hiro.

That doesn't quite make sense, if I'm remembering that episode correctly...

Spoiler:
Wasn't he killed in the same episode where Peter was found in the storage container at the end? I think the implication is that it he was killed by Kensei/Adam, since he's one of the few people who could have survived the fall from the roof.

aktick 11-06-07 09:42 AM

Do Adam and Claire have the exact same power?

shadowhawk2020 11-06-07 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by xVladx

Spoiler:
Wasn't he killed in the same episode where Peter was found in the storage container at the end? I think the implication is that it he was killed by Kensei/Adam, since he's one of the few people who could have survived the fall from the roof.

Spoiler:
Peter also has that power(healing), plus the power to fly from one period of time to another in an instant

slop101 11-06-07 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by rfduncan

Especially if this is your real criticism of a "comic book" themed show where such devices are almost staples.

They didn't have these problems last season, nor do most comic book movies, or even most comic books themselves, which I've been reading most my life, so trust me when I say that these are not "comic book" devices, but "lazy writing" devices. Seems like the writers had already given up before the actual writers strike. At least we didn't have another "vs. jump-rope" scene...

Timber 11-06-07 10:15 AM

Loved this episode and I haven't hated the other episodes but this one was a step above. I'm going to miss the Hiro/Kensai storyline but Adam is going to be a bad ass character.

Minimal West, no twins = good.

orderandlaw 11-06-07 10:46 AM

I wondered if Peter's memory returning was related to his mother's as yet unrevealed powers.

Also, didn't Bob say that Adam could affect the weather?
I wonder if that is a power that Claire has not discovered yet - Much in the way that new elements of Matt's power later revealed themselves.

And speaking of Matt- if he is able to escape his father's trap, why can his father not escape his?...

driv3 11-06-07 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by xVladx

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
same episode but not necessarily same time line, i mean it is not 24 :)

rfduncan 11-06-07 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by orderandlaw
And speaking of Matt- if he is able to escape his father's trap, why can his father not escape his?...

Because Matt's father imprisioned them in a locale that he HIMSELF feared. Once Matt realized that he was a much better man than his father ever had been, he was no longer afraid of it, thus allowing Matt to turn the illusion into his FATHER'S nightmare prison while escaping with Molly. (That in and of itself was the coolest concept this season IMHO.)

C-Mart 11-06-07 11:36 AM

I think Peter's remembering wasn't really remembering as much as reading his mom's mind... notice that none of the flashes were of anything that didn't include her. I think he must have met up with Matt or his father at some point. Plus the little camera trick jump thing that they did while he remembered was the exact same as what they used when Matt did his thing as well... I'm surprised nobody else picked up on it... it seemed pretty obvious to me.

zuffy 11-06-07 11:43 AM

Spoiler:
I just can't see how Peter killed Hiro's father. The guy don't even know how to use all his power yet. And from the ending, he don't seem to remember Adam. I say Adam killed Hiro's father and this setup a nice duel between Hiro and Adam by the end of volume 2. Adam had Matt's father tried to Angella Petrelli.

pinata242 11-06-07 11:48 AM

It must have been really hard for Adam/Kensei to not dash baby Hiro years ago. He's going to be deliciously evil, I expect.

It seems likely now that Adam is at least in Claire's lineage. Perhaps he is Nathan's father, if not Peter's as well.

Originally Posted by orderandlaw
Also, didn't Bob say that Adam could affect the weather?

I'm not sure if he meant Adam himself turned the tsunami into a snow storm or rather he showed another person how to harness their power to do that.

Snowmaker 11-06-07 12:13 PM

So, just how many seasons worth of paintings did Isaac make in advance?

TGM 11-06-07 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by Snowmaker
So, just how many seasons worth of paintings did Isaac make in advance?

With the way things are going with this show, I'd say 2. :)

Groucho 11-06-07 12:23 PM

Why did HRG say that the paintings were in random order, when they were clearly marked 1/8, 2/8, etc?

rfduncan 11-06-07 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by pinata242
It must have been really hard for Adam/Kensei to not dash baby Hiro years ago.

Unless he realized that anything he does DIRECTLY to Hiro prior to his return to his own proper time would screw up the timeline that has Hiro helping Adam/Kensei to learn about his ability in Japan...

pinata242 11-06-07 12:36 PM

Unless he realized that anything he does DIRECTLY to Hiro prior to his return to his own proper time would screw up the timeline that has Hiro helping Adam/Kensei to learn about his ability in Japan...

...which is why it must've been hard ;)

Snowmaker 11-06-07 12:42 PM

I forget his name, but have we learned what power the guy who now runs the company has?

shadowhawk2020 11-06-07 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by Snowmaker
I forget his name, but have we learned what power the guy who now runs the company has?

Bob? The guy with glasses, (bob) has the power of turning things into gold.

Michael Corvin 11-06-07 01:11 PM

The big question is, what can HRG do?

Snowmaker 11-06-07 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by shadowhawk2020
Bob? The guy with glasses, (bob) has the power of turning things into gold.

Oh, that's right!

He's only shown it that once. It's such a lame power in general that I forgot all about it.

Superman07 11-06-07 01:20 PM

If he was responsible for Sulu dying, how would he know WHEN to take care of him? I don't think Hiro said anything to tell him when it was he departed the timeline.

Also, did Adam absorb or disapate Peter's electric shot?

pinata242 11-06-07 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by Superman07
Also, did Adam absorb or disapate Peter's electric shot?

It looked like he just took the damage and then healed. I don't think he did anything special when he was struck.